Skip to content

Justin Blackmon - Yay Or Nay

The Browns Board
25 18 1.7k
  • Not at 4, maybe if we trade back. The only legit corner I've ever seen him play against was Prince Amukamara. In press coverage he was pretty much on his hip step for step most of the game. Blackmon still made some plays on him, but I don't see him being an elite receiver at the next level against #1 corners. I think he's gonna struggle to get open. He's gonna have to land somewhere where the QB has enough confidence in himself to throw it to him even when it looks like he's covered. He can make alot of plays while still being covered, but alot of that relies on the QB's ball placement to. I like him, but not at 4.

  • it's the fact that if we do use the #4 pick on a 'can't miss' guy and does 'miss' we've blown another golden opportunity to either add more picks by trading down where the talent level of said players that everyone is talking about and then talent level of those right behind them i......the drop off in skill/talent is not that much (except for the CB), then i would be more comfortable trading down or taking claiborn.

    blackmon is good but a #4 good? as with the gipper: i dunno.

    @miktoxic said:

    it's the fact that if we do use the #4 pick on a 'can't miss' guy and does 'miss' we've blown another golden opportunity to either add more picks by trading down where the talent level of said players that everyone is talking about and then talent level of those right behind them i......the drop off in skill/talent is not that much (except for the CB), then i would be more comfortable trading down or taking claiborn.

    blackmon is good but a #4 good? as with the gipper: i dunno.

    I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us? Remember every team is looking at the same scouting and drafting reports like we do. Just like we feel that there is no point in reaching for a questionable talent @ #4, they will feel the same way too. That I think reduces our bargaining power and while we may be able to trade down - we are not going to get value for trading down like we did last year.

    We better have a player that we can all agree upon @ #4.

  • @miktoxic said:

    it's the fact that if we do use the #4 pick on a 'can't miss' guy and does 'miss' we've blown another golden opportunity to either add more picks by trading down where the talent level of said players that everyone is talking about and then talent level of those right behind them i......the drop off in skill/talent is not that much (except for the CB), then i would be more comfortable trading down or taking claiborn.

    blackmon is good but a #4 good? as with the gipper: i dunno.

    I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us? Remember every team is looking at the same scouting and drafting reports like we do. Just like we feel that there is no point in reaching for a questionable talent @ #4, they will feel the same way too. That I think reduces our bargaining power and while we may be able to trade down - we are not going to get value for trading down like we did last year.

    We better have a player that we can all agree upon @ #4.

    @brownindian said:

    I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us? Remember every team is looking at the same scouting and drafting reports like we do. Just like we feel that there is no point in reaching for a questionable talent @ #4, they will feel the same way too. That I think reduces our bargaining power and while we may be able to trade down - we are not going to get value for trading down like we did last year.

    We better have a player that we can all agree upon @ #4.

    Why we may feel the talent is questionable and want to trade down other teams might think they are can't miss and want to trade up. Not all NFL GM's think the same. Some tend to pick more for need that BPA and all GM's have different big boards. Someone with a need that sees one of these guys as can't miss would more than likely want to trade up but we won't know until draft day.

  • @miktoxic said:

    it's the fact that if we do use the #4 pick on a 'can't miss' guy and does 'miss' we've blown another golden opportunity to either add more picks by trading down where the talent level of said players that everyone is talking about and then talent level of those right behind them i......the drop off in skill/talent is not that much (except for the CB), then i would be more comfortable trading down or taking claiborn.

    blackmon is good but a #4 good? as with the gipper: i dunno.

    I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us? Remember every team is looking at the same scouting and drafting reports like we do. Just like we feel that there is no point in reaching for a questionable talent @ #4, they will feel the same way too. That I think reduces our bargaining power and while we may be able to trade down - we are not going to get value for trading down like we did last year.

    We better have a player that we can all agree upon @ #4.

    @brownindian said:

    I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us?

    The $1MM question...

    Assuming 1-2-3 go Luck-Griffin-Kalil, I don't see anyone until Dallas at #14 and they'd want the player I'm beginning to believe we will take if we stay there... Claiborne.

    Then the question becomes who will be at 14 or what do we need to spend to move up?

    Of course, should MN pass on Kalil, all bets are off... and all hell will break loose...

  • I like Floyd better than Blackmon so Im going to have to say no. I honestly see Floyd, Hill, and McNutt potentially having better careers in the long run.