Skip to content

Lack Of Drafting Wr In The Draft

Locked The Browns Board
29 20 1.8k
  • I have said, that the passing game relies on two relationships. A QB who will throw the ball. This requires the ability of the QB to get it to the receiver. This doesn't require the perfect pass every time but a well thrown ball in the area of the WR is a plus. This also requires the QB to have faith in the WR to go and get the ball and fight for it and that they are going to make the catch. This trust grows so much in that relationship that you begin to see QB make passes that have you scratching your head, ala Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc., Passes thrown into tight coverage. But this requires confidence in the QB to make the pass and confidence in that WR to make that catch. TRUST.

    At times, IMO, I don't think Colt had the confidence to make the throw that needed to be made. There wasn't that TRUST between his ability and the WR's. That's why we saw dump passes all the time.

    But time will tell. I am somewhat disappointed that we haven't seen a WR as well, but we saw some great play at times, plus Tight Ends have become the new Fad in the NFL. We have a good set of those guys. IMO, our play calling was dismal and anemic. Our play calling has to get better. Time will tell, as it always does, the truth in this draft.

    Trust in the FO guys.

  • And another QB carousel begins. This team could easily go 2-14 if they don't pickup any above average WR.

  • They didn't pick the guys on MY draft board, therefore, this team will be worse than last year.

    Lmao....football fans think way to highly of their own opinions

  • They didn't pick the guys on MY draft board, therefore, this team will be worse than last year.

    Lmao....football fans think way to highly of their own opinions

    @choco said:

    They didn't pick the guys on MY draft board, therefore, this team will be worse than last year.

    Lmao....football fans think way to highly of their own opinions

    Exactly, I don't think anyone on here had H&H knocking on their door or ringing their phones asking them what to do.

  • @roach said:

    .?????? A dropped pass is a dropped pass. It doesn't matter who is throwing it.

    There is the whole "Little didn't play for a whole year..." but I'm not sure how long we can use that reasoning??

    @feartheroo said:

    There is the whole "Little didn't play for a whole year..." but I'm not sure how long we can use that reasoning??

    I think a year

  • I think Little will be phenomenal this year. After that it's a little bland. Carlton Mitchell has the size, but I mean he hasn't used it to his advantage yet. We will see on that. I'm not expecting anything, but the size is intriguing. Cribbs isn't the worst receiver, but I'm not excited about him lining up as a starter either. MoMass is so hit or miss it's infuriating. He had promise after year 1, but then has been miserable for two years. Norwood is a slot receiver and nothing more. I'm cool with Norwood, though.

  • I think Little will be phenomenal this year. After that it's a little bland. Carlton Mitchell has the size, but I mean he hasn't used it to his advantage yet. We will see on that. I'm not expecting anything, but the size is intriguing. Cribbs isn't the worst receiver, but I'm not excited about him lining up as a starter either. MoMass is so hit or miss it's infuriating. He had promise after year 1, but then has been miserable for two years. Norwood is a slot receiver and nothing more. I'm cool with Norwood, though.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I think Little will be phenomenal this year. After that it's a little bland. Carlton Mitchell has the size, but I mean he hasn't used it to his advantage yet. We will see on that. I'm not expecting anything, but the size is intriguing. Cribbs isn't the worst receiver, but I'm not excited about him lining up as a starter either. MoMass is so hit or miss it's infuriating. He had promise after year 1, but then has been miserable for two years. Norwood is a slot receiver and nothing more. I'm cool with Norwood, though.

    This Benjamin guy gives a solid back up return guy after Cribbs and now that we have Weeden his 4.3 can be used on offense as well.

  • There you go, we've got a WR. Who cases that he's basically a track star... runs fast in a straight line and turns slowly to the left about 50 yards out.ย can we move on now?

  • Yes.

    CLOSED.