Skip to content

Projected Madden Ratings For Rookies

The Browns Board
30 9 2.7k
  • I'm making this topic because every year there is that dead period for me between the draft and preseason football. The biggest thing that happens between the two for me and a lot of younger football fans is the release of Madden football which normally comes out a week or more before the preseason games start.

    In order to hold me over I normally create the players the Browns draft. Problem is I can never create good actual rookie ratings for the players because I focus more on how they did in college and base their ratings off of that instead of dumbing down the ratings for the pro level (I made TR and I went back up to see his overall and I had him at 98 for Christ sakes!). So far the closest I think I have been able to rate someone is Weeden who I had around 86 when his rating will more than likely be between 78-82 when the game comes out.

    So my question for all of you who cares what do you think the overall rating will be for each player and what do you think their overall will be?

  • I'm making this topic because every year there is that dead period for me between the draft and preseason football. The biggest thing that happens between the two for me and a lot of younger football fans is the release of Madden football which normally comes out a week or more before the preseason games start.

    In order to hold me over I normally create the players the Browns draft. Problem is I can never create good actual rookie ratings for the players because I focus more on how they did in college and base their ratings off of that instead of dumbing down the ratings for the pro level (I made TR and I went back up to see his overall and I had him at 98 for Christ sakes!). So far the closest I think I have been able to rate someone is Weeden who I had around 86 when his rating will more than likely be between 78-82 when the game comes out.

    So my question for all of you who cares what do you think the overall rating will be for each player and what do you think their overall will be?

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I'm making this topic because every year there is that dead period for me between the draft and preseason football. The biggest thing that happens between the two for me and a lot of younger football fans is the release of Madden football which normally comes out a week or more before the preseason games start.

    In order to hold me over I normally create the players the Browns draft. Problem is I can never create good actual rookie ratings for the players because I focus more on how they did in college and base their ratings off of that instead of dumbing down the ratings for the pro level (I made TR and I went back up to see his overall and I had him at 98 for Christ sakes!). So far the closest I think I have been able to rate someone is Weeden who I had around 86 when his rating will more than likely be between 78-82 when the game comes out.

    So my question for all of you who cares what do you think the overall rating will be for each player and what do you think their overall will be?

    Richardson will be in the 80's. I'm sure he'll be one of the better backs in the game based on how they've done previous rookie rankings. Fast and strong is a win/win. I can see Weeden getting a 79 overall type deal and I have no idea with your tackle. I'm peg him in the mid to low 70's. As of now I couldn't care less because FINALLY they seem to have decided to take steps to make the game worth a sh.it. I'd label myself as a hardcore Madden gamer, adding in the feature were WR's will indicate they are looking for the ball. Zone and man defense finally disguises themselves AND no more DB super plays where they aren't looking at the ball. They actually have to have their eyes on the ball to make a play. There was a brief article on IGN the other day highlightin the proposed changes. However as of right now I'm holding out hope because EA has an uncanny ability to fuck up Madden. It hasn't been "wow" good since maybe the 06 game. I also hope the pass/run game is more balanced because it was FAR too easy to run in M12.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    I'm making this topic because every year there is that dead period for me between the draft and preseason football. The biggest thing that happens between the two for me and a lot of younger football fans is the release of Madden football which normally comes out a week or more before the preseason games start.

    In order to hold me over I normally create the players the Browns draft. Problem is I can never create good actual rookie ratings for the players because I focus more on how they did in college and base their ratings off of that instead of dumbing down the ratings for the pro level (I made TR and I went back up to see his overall and I had him at 98 for Christ sakes!). So far the closest I think I have been able to rate someone is Weeden who I had around 86 when his rating will more than likely be between 78-82 when the game comes out.

    So my question for all of you who cares what do you think the overall rating will be for each player and what do you think their overall will be?

    Richardson will be in the 80's. I'm sure he'll be one of the better backs in the game based on how they've done previous rookie rankings. Fast and strong is a win/win. I can see Weeden getting a 79 overall type deal and I have no idea with your tackle. I'm peg him in the mid to low 70's. As of now I couldn't care less because FINALLY they seem to have decided to take steps to make the game worth a sh.it. I'd label myself as a hardcore Madden gamer, adding in the feature were WR's will indicate they are looking for the ball. Zone and man defense finally disguises themselves AND no more DB super plays where they aren't looking at the ball. They actually have to have their eyes on the ball to make a play. There was a brief article on IGN the other day highlightin the proposed changes. However as of right now I'm holding out hope because EA has an uncanny ability to fuck up Madden. It hasn't been "wow" good since maybe the 06 game. I also hope the pass/run game is more balanced because it was FAR too easy to run in M12.

    Homotron said:

    Richardson will be in the 80's. I'm sure he'll be one of the better backs in the game based on how they've done previous rookie rankings. Fast and strong is a win/win. I can see Weeden getting a 79 overall type deal and I have no idea with your tackle. I'm peg him in the mid to low 70's. As of now I couldn't care less because FINALLY they seem to have decided to take steps to make the game worth a sh.it. I'd label myself as a hardcore Madden gamer, adding in the feature were WR's will indicate they are looking for the ball. Zone and man defense finally disguises themselves AND no more DB super plays where they aren't looking at the ball. They actually have to have their eyes on the ball to make a play. There was a brief article on IGN the other day highlightin the proposed changes. However as of right now I'm holding out hope because EA has an uncanny ability to fuck up Madden. It hasn't been "wow" good since maybe the 06 game. I also hope the pass/run game is more balanced because it was FAR too easy to run in M12.

    The franchise mode for me has just been too easy. I really like the changes they have made and it has made the game a lot better but it's still too easy. I collect I don't know how many 1st round draft picks because the game values next years 1st round picks less that the current years 4th rounders. It doesn't take draft value into account and I can trade down one spot and pick up either a 3rd and 4th for the current year or a 1st and 2nd for the next year. Plus every season I tend to pick up an 80 overall player with A potential because some team cuts them during preseason and they always give you 1st pick in waivers.

  • Homotron said:

    Richardson will be in the 80's. I'm sure he'll be one of the better backs in the game based on how they've done previous rookie rankings. Fast and strong is a win/win. I can see Weeden getting a 79 overall type deal and I have no idea with your tackle. I'm peg him in the mid to low 70's. As of now I couldn't care less because FINALLY they seem to have decided to take steps to make the game worth a sh.it. I'd label myself as a hardcore Madden gamer, adding in the feature were WR's will indicate they are looking for the ball. Zone and man defense finally disguises themselves AND no more DB super plays where they aren't looking at the ball. They actually have to have their eyes on the ball to make a play. There was a brief article on IGN the other day highlightin the proposed changes. However as of right now I'm holding out hope because EA has an uncanny ability to fuck up Madden. It hasn't been "wow" good since maybe the 06 game. I also hope the pass/run game is more balanced because it was FAR too easy to run in M12.

    The franchise mode for me has just been too easy. I really like the changes they have made and it has made the game a lot better but it's still too easy. I collect I don't know how many 1st round draft picks because the game values next years 1st round picks less that the current years 4th rounders. It doesn't take draft value into account and I can trade down one spot and pick up either a 3rd and 4th for the current year or a 1st and 2nd for the next year. Plus every season I tend to pick up an 80 overall player with A potential because some team cuts them during preseason and they always give you 1st pick in waivers.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    The franchise mode for me has just been too easy. I really like the changes they have made and it has made the game a lot better but it's still too easy. I collect I don't know how many 1st round draft picks because the game values next years 1st round picks less that the current years 4th rounders. It doesn't take draft value into account and I can trade down one spot and pick up either a 3rd and 4th for the current year or a 1st and 2nd for the next year. Plus every season I tend to pick up an 80 overall player with A potential because some team cuts them during preseason and they always give you 1st pick in waivers.

    I don't play the offline franchise. I've played in the same online franchise with the same guys for the last two madden games. We also use a site that runs a salary cap system. http://xtreme-football.net/ The offline franchise mode is garbage honestly. Find yourself a good, consistent league and you'll be introduced to a entirely new faction of Madden. It makes the game tolerable for me because if we're being honest the games haven't been all that great since the PS2 became a thing of the past. My league is the UFL and or the Ultimate Football League. We actually have a few Cleveland boys in the league.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    The franchise mode for me has just been too easy. I really like the changes they have made and it has made the game a lot better but it's still too easy. I collect I don't know how many 1st round draft picks because the game values next years 1st round picks less that the current years 4th rounders. It doesn't take draft value into account and I can trade down one spot and pick up either a 3rd and 4th for the current year or a 1st and 2nd for the next year. Plus every season I tend to pick up an 80 overall player with A potential because some team cuts them during preseason and they always give you 1st pick in waivers.

    I don't play the offline franchise. I've played in the same online franchise with the same guys for the last two madden games. We also use a site that runs a salary cap system. http://xtreme-football.net/ The offline franchise mode is garbage honestly. Find yourself a good, consistent league and you'll be introduced to a entirely new faction of Madden. It makes the game tolerable for me because if we're being honest the games haven't been all that great since the PS2 became a thing of the past. My league is the UFL and or the Ultimate Football League. We actually have a few Cleveland boys in the league.

    Homotron said:

    I don't play the offline franchise. I've played in the same online franchise with the same guys for the last two madden games. We also use a site that runs a salary cap system. http://xtreme-football.net/ The offline franchise mode is garbage honestly. Find yourself a good, consistent league and you'll be introduced to a entirely new faction of Madden. It makes the game tolerable for me because if we're being honest the games haven't been all that great since the PS2 became a thing of the past. My league is the UFL and or the Ultimate Football League. We actually have a few Cleveland boys in the league.

    Sounds great but I'm not going to pay no 5 bucks a month on top of already paying 60 bucks for a game.

  • Homotron said:

    I don't play the offline franchise. I've played in the same online franchise with the same guys for the last two madden games. We also use a site that runs a salary cap system. http://xtreme-football.net/ The offline franchise mode is garbage honestly. Find yourself a good, consistent league and you'll be introduced to a entirely new faction of Madden. It makes the game tolerable for me because if we're being honest the games haven't been all that great since the PS2 became a thing of the past. My league is the UFL and or the Ultimate Football League. We actually have a few Cleveland boys in the league.

    Sounds great but I'm not going to pay no 5 bucks a month on top of already paying 60 bucks for a game.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Sounds great but I'm not going to pay no 5 bucks a month on top of already paying 60 bucks for a game.

    The league usually incurs the cost. My league was one of the first in and I don't believe we actually pay. I personally don't pay a penny and if I had to it's well worth the 5 bucks. It changes the scope of the game having to actually manage contracts. However as I said I'm a pretty hard core Madden gamer and my league is very sim. I'm a pretty big gamer period I guess.

  • I can see Trent at like 81-83. 90ish speed give or take.

    I see Weeden at like 74-76 (Cam Newton was only a 77 last year)

    I see Schwartz 71-73

    Hughes will be like a 65

    Benjamin at a 63, but maybe (yes still doubtful) they wont underrate his speed severely, and give him like a 91-93 speed, prolly see like 87.

    James-Michael Johnson / Emmanual Acho / Billy Winn / Trevin Wade / Brad Smelley will be anywhere from 58-64 - with Billy Winn being potentially about the same as Hughes.

  • I can see Trent at like 81-83. 90ish speed give or take.

    I see Weeden at like 74-76 (Cam Newton was only a 77 last year)

    I see Schwartz 71-73

    Hughes will be like a 65

    Benjamin at a 63, but maybe (yes still doubtful) they wont underrate his speed severely, and give him like a 91-93 speed, prolly see like 87.

    James-Michael Johnson / Emmanual Acho / Billy Winn / Trevin Wade / Brad Smelley will be anywhere from 58-64 - with Billy Winn being potentially about the same as Hughes.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    I can see Trent at like 81-83. 90ish speed give or take.

    I see Weeden at like 74-76 (Cam Newton was only a 77 last year)

    I see Schwartz 71-73

    Hughes will be like a 65

    Benjamin at a 63, but maybe (yes still doubtful) they wont underrate his speed severely, and give him like a 91-93 speed, prolly see like 87.

    James-Michael Johnson / Emmanual Acho / Billy Winn / Trevin Wade / Brad Smelley will be anywhere from 58-64 - with Billy Winn being potentially about the same as Hughes.

    They won't screw Benjamin on his speed. They normally don't screw actual draft picks on their speed. He will more than likely be 95+ in that area.

  • Richardson is a 95 on NCAA 12... He'll probably start out at an 88-89, not bad for a franchise back. I agree with your original stat though of 98. He should be the highest rated rookie on Madden 13 though, if nothing else because he's the best positional player and RB has less a learning curve than any other position.

    I would guess the guy has got 92 speed, a nasty stiff arm probably a 94. Trucking of 94, receiving of 86. Elusiveness of 88. Pass Blocking of 85. Vision of 92. Acceleration of 95... These are just my guesses but know this, they'll make him a bad ass RB.

  • Found these stats on Madden 08. They are from AP and ML, so adjust as you see fit. He should have an A potential though.

    Overall - 85

    Speed - 93

    Acceleration - 93

    Elusiveness - 90

    Trucking - 85

    Juke - 92

    Marshawn Lynch

    RB - Buffalo Bills

    Overall - 83

    Speed - 91

    Acceleration - 91

    Elusiveness - 82

    Trucking - 85

    Juke - 93

    Catch - 73

  • Found these stats on Madden 08. They are from AP and ML, so adjust as you see fit. He should have an A potential though.

    Overall - 85

    Speed - 93

    Acceleration - 93

    Elusiveness - 90

    Trucking - 85

    Juke - 92

    Marshawn Lynch

    RB - Buffalo Bills

    Overall - 83

    Speed - 91

    Acceleration - 91

    Elusiveness - 82

    Trucking - 85

    Juke - 93

    Catch - 73

    @poeticg said:

    Found these stats on Madden 08. They are from AP and ML, so adjust as you see fit. He should have an A potential though.

    Overall - 85

    Speed - 93

    Acceleration - 93

    Elusiveness - 90

    Trucking - 85

    Juke - 92

    He compares very well with Adrian Peterson, but with better catching. He may get up to 86/87, but no way does it get any higher than that IMHO.

  • I see him being an 83 and his speed will probably be like 88-90

  • I see him being an 83 and his speed will probably be like 88-90

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I see him being an 83 and his speed will probably be like 88-90

    If they rate Lynch at a 91 speed then that is around where Richardson should be.

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I see him being an 83 and his speed will probably be like 88-90

    If they rate Lynch at a 91 speed then that is around where Richardson should be.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    If they rate Lynch at a 91 speed then that is around where Richardson should be.

    Lynch will not be faster than Richardson. I expect Richardson to have at least a 90 speed with a relatively high truck and strength rating. He'll be one of the more coveted back in the game IMO. Assuming you make the switch to a online franchise vs the very weak offline franchise.

  • My Ratings for Richarson are:

    OVR - 80 (A POT)

    SPD - 90

    ACC - 90

    SPN - 84

    STF - 93

    TRK - 90

    JKE - 91

    CTH - 80

    PBK - 70

  • Do you guys play each game in your online league or do you just stick to GM stuff.

  • Do you guys play each game in your online league or do you just stick to GM stuff.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Do you guys play each game in your online league or do you just stick to GM stuff.

    Play each game, write game recaps and other content pieces. It's pretty involved but the most important aspect is playing the games. http://www.xtreme-football.net/UFL3 I had a terrible season for our last season of M12 but you can get the basic idea from our XFN site. Click on the tabs up top.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Do you guys play each game in your online league or do you just stick to GM stuff.

    Play each game, write game recaps and other content pieces. It's pretty involved but the most important aspect is playing the games. http://www.xtreme-football.net/UFL3 I had a terrible season for our last season of M12 but you can get the basic idea from our XFN site. Click on the tabs up top.

    Homotron said:

    Play each game, write game recaps and other content pieces. It's pretty involved but the most important aspect is playing the games. http://www.xtreme-football.net/UFL3 I had a terrible season for our last season of M12 but you can get the basic idea from our XFN site. Click on the tabs up top.

    I signed up for the site and I'm trying to join the league. It said I joined but how do I select a team and stuff?

  • Homotron said:

    Play each game, write game recaps and other content pieces. It's pretty involved but the most important aspect is playing the games. http://www.xtreme-football.net/UFL3 I had a terrible season for our last season of M12 but you can get the basic idea from our XFN site. Click on the tabs up top.

    I signed up for the site and I'm trying to join the league. It said I joined but how do I select a team and stuff?

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I signed up for the site and I'm trying to join the league. It said I joined but how do I select a team and stuff?

    Joined the league I posted? It's done until the 2013 Madden releases. If you seriously want to join shoot me a pm on here and I'll try and get you linked up when things get closer to release. You'll have to put in an application and run a try-out game etc. We have a diehard Browns fan that WILL be taking the Browns just for a heads up.

    You may be able to join a different league that is still running if you're looking to play right now.

  • These ratings are already out guys. They released some rookie cards on Madden 12 for Ultimate Team. It's assumed they will be very similar to what happens in Madden 13

    I can post a link later.

    Go look on pastapadre.com if you want to know.