Skip to content

Junior Seau Dead

The Browns Board
43 25 1.7k
  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Apparent suicide.

    LINK

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Where does it say anything about suicide? That article says they are investigating a shooting. Either way it's sad to see him go, especially if he did choose to end his own life.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    WTF, this guy was one of the greats. Probably a first ballot HOFer. Couldn't he handle life without football?

  • Where does it say anything about suicide? That article says they are investigating a shooting. Either way it's sad to see him go, especially if he did choose to end his own life.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @jrb12711 said:

    Where does it say anything about suicide? That article says they are investigating a shooting. Either way it's sad to see him go, especially if he did choose to end his own life.

    Link

    Oh and while you are there, check out the Kate Upton video.

  • WTF, this guy was one of the greats. Probably a first ballot HOFer. Couldn't he handle life without football?

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @the-gipper said:

    WTF, this guy was one of the greats. Probably a first ballot HOFer. Couldn't he handle life without football?

    Roids and head injury?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I am going to wait until this is confirmed by someone other than TMZ.

  • I am going to wait until this is confirmed by someone other than TMZ.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I am going to wait until this is confirmed by someone other than TMZ.

    Apparent as stated.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

  • I am going to wait until this is confirmed by someone other than TMZ.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I am going to wait until this is confirmed by someone other than TMZ.

    According to the North County Times, Seau committed suicide. A San Diego television station, 10news, also reported it was a suicide.

  • I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Homotron said:

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

  • S Smokin' Weeden wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Why would this not be breaking news on espn? could be fake.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Tragic.

    Sometimes the "glamorous" life of a pro athlete isn't quite so glamorous behind the scenes.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I am going to wait until this is confirmed by someone other than TMZ.

    According to the North County Times, Seau committed suicide. A San Diego television station, 10news, also reported it was a suicide.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @kosar_for_president said:

    According to the North County Times, Seau committed suicide. A San Diego television station, 10news, also reported it was a suicide.

    I'll wait for ESPN.

  • Why would this not be breaking news on espn? could be fake.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Smokin said:

    Why would this not be breaking news on espn? could be fake.

    No his house keeper was on record saying self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest. But, you never know you could be right.

  • Homotron said:

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    According to the North County Times, Seau committed suicide. A San Diego television station, 10news, also reported it was a suicide.

    I'll wait for ESPN.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I'll wait for ESPN.

    Since ESPN is the pinnacle of reporting? ESPN is actually pretty terrible honestly. I'd say at this point it's pretty much confirmed that he's gone.

  • I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Homotron said:

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Wouldn't happen to most of them if they would wear a raincoat... Warren Sapp is another that has no money left because he shelling out about 30-40k a month in child support payments.

    Idiots.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Homotron said:

    I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

    Shut up, Homo, your housekeeper doesn't find you when you are dead broke and in the gutter.

    No one knows why, everyone is going to speculate.

    I can tell you one thing, the guy had a hard time living without football. Remember when he "retired" all crying and shit and then signed with the Patriots 4 days later? He couldn't give it up. Ended up signing 4 one-year contracts with the Patriots, finally leaving for good in 2010.

    If you were in the NFL 3 seasons ago after a 18 year all-pro career you aren't "broke and in the gutter", that's for sure.

    Zombo

  • S Smokin' Weeden wrote on last edited by
    #19

    espn just confirmed it

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    He has had a couple of incidents lately dealing with his domestic situation. I don't recall exactly if he was charged with domestic violence, or if his wife left...or if he is getting a divorce, or what.

    In fact, I think this may not have been his first suicide attempt. He actually ran his car off a cliff earlier....and said he fell asleep at the wheel.