Skip to content

Your Top 5

The Browns Board
82 30 4.2k
  • Aloy, Who do you see in this draft that is worth a number 5 selection with the money that will have to be paid?

    Do you really believe that Aaron Curry or any inside linebacker is worth a #5 pick

    I am looking at a player who would make the most impact to the Browns and I know you like Curry but I just don't see how you can pay a inside LB that type of money, now if you were talking about a dominant pass rusher OK, I could do that.

    IMO I think the guy with the most upside who might be available at #5 is Michael Crabtree and moving Braylon in a deal before he hits free agency next year or getting additional picks and trading down might be the best way to go becaue is there much difference for the Browns from selecting Curry at #5 and paying the money in that slot or trading down and getting additional picks and drafting another LB at 10-12 and paying less money or even drafting Orapko who is a pass rusher which IMO is a bigger need.

    The Packer selected A.J. Hawk at #5 I believe and he has not been close to the player they thought they were getting

    I have seen Curry numerous times as I have mentioned and I just don't see him as the type of player to take over a game and when you are selecting in the top 5 I believe the player you select should start from day 1 and be a impact player, so I ask you is Curry that much better than Rey Rey or Spikes who both will be available after the 10th pick or would Crabtree be the better player for the dollars if we stay at #5 and also be more of a game changing type player.

    Would you consider Braylon, Derek Anderson and Kevin Shaffer to the Bear for there 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

    @sony-reed said:

    Would you consider Braylon, Derek Anderson and Kevin Shaffer to the Bear for there 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

    As the resident Bears fan, I can tell you with 95% certainity (approaching shep's left nut range) that the Bears would NEVER do that trade.

    First of all, GM Jerry Angelo is a draft guy who has had decent success over his career (except with QBs). He does NOT give out huge FA contracts, nor has he been much of a wheeler-dealer.

    So that alone makes it unlikely but this idea wouldn't work from a personnel standpoint either.

    The Bears just drafted their future LT in Chris Williams in '08 but veteran LT John St. Clair did a stellar job there last year so it's not crazy to think Williams may get his first crack on the right side in '09. Besides, both of these guys are better than Shaffer so what's the draw for them?

    As for DA, HC Lovie Smith said today that the QB wasn't the team's top priority and they are comfortable with Orton, for now. And historically, the Bears aren't exactly known for their QB play so why would they put their faith into an inconsistent, big-armed scattershot?

    The BE idea might make some sense for them since they let Berrian go and had not much but Hester's downfield threat going for the O this year. But again, they've been burned by WRs so much in recent years (David Terrell, Muhsin Muhammad, Mark Bradley, Berrian leaving) that I can't see them giving up a pick to get another big-headed, stone-handed WR.

    All in all, the Bears can only be counted on as trade partners if they'd be interested in bringing in DA as someone to push Orton and give them a different look but like everyone else, they won't likely give up more than a 4th just for some QB competition.

  • " hate drafting WR's high. Look at the history. 50% of the WR's drafted in round#1 end up being a bust or marginal players."

    It's all a freaKING CRAP SHOOT...qb(TIM COUCH), Rush DE(courtney Brown, DT warren, RB Green , Lineman Faine....I won't mind if they go Crabtree cause BE is a GONER!