John Gruden fired by the Bucs
-
an underachiever since he got lucky five years ago..........
I thought we were talking about Gruden not Tressell. I guess they both can lay claim to No Mo Championships - it's just that 1 guy gets treated to Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue more often - arguably less regular season challlenges in the Big 10. Same story though: winning records and talented rosters becoming better known for goose eggs destroying post season expectations the last 3 years.
- Tom F.
I thought we were talking about Gruden not Tressell. I guess they both can lay claim to No Mo Championships - it's just that 1 guy gets treated to Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue more often - arguably less regular season challlenges in the Big 10. Same story though: winning records and talented rosters becoming better known for goose eggs destroying post season expectations the last 3 years.
- Tom F.
Ouch! Good stuff Tom. I'd throw in that if Gruden only won his title because having mostly Dungy's guys, the same could be said of Tressel winning with Cooper's players.
-
an underachiever since he got lucky five years ago..........
I thought we were talking about Gruden not Tressell. I guess they both can lay claim to No Mo Championships - it's just that 1 guy gets treated to Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue more often - arguably less regular season challlenges in the Big 10. Same story though: winning records and talented rosters becoming better known for goose eggs destroying post season expectations the last 3 years.
- Tom F.
I thought we were talking about Gruden not Tressell. I guess they both can lay claim to No Mo Championships - it's just that 1 guy gets treated to Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue more often - arguably less regular season challlenges in the Big 10. Same story though: winning records and talented rosters becoming better known for goose eggs destroying post season expectations the last 3 years.
- Tom F.
-
I thought we were talking about Gruden not Tressell. I guess they both can lay claim to No Mo Championships - it's just that 1 guy gets treated to Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue more often - arguably less regular season challlenges in the Big 10. Same story though: winning records and talented rosters becoming better known for goose eggs destroying post season expectations the last 3 years.
- Tom F.
Ouch! Good stuff Tom. I'd throw in that if Gruden only won his title because having mostly Dungy's guys, the same could be said of Tressel winning with Cooper's players.
Masters said:
Ouch! Good stuff Tom. I'd throw in that if Gruden only won his title because having mostly Dungy's guys, the same could be said of Tressel winning with Cooper's players.I guess Cooper was the better coach and better recruiter then, huh?
Tressel has done a much better job of getting better athletes than Cooper ever did. Try going to scout or rivals and taking a look. As a matter of fact, a few classes back the Buckeyes broke the NFL record for players drafted in one year.
That arguement about winning with someone else players is ridiculous. Gruden did something with the same squad that Dungy didn't do with them....Dungy went on to do it with Indy, but none the less, he didn't do it in Tampa while Gruden did, and with the same players.
-
Masters said:
Ouch! Good stuff Tom. I'd throw in that if Gruden only won his title because having mostly Dungy's guys, the same could be said of Tressel winning with Cooper's players.I guess Cooper was the better coach and better recruiter then, huh?
Tressel has done a much better job of getting better athletes than Cooper ever did. Try going to scout or rivals and taking a look. As a matter of fact, a few classes back the Buckeyes broke the NFL record for players drafted in one year.
That arguement about winning with someone else players is ridiculous. Gruden did something with the same squad that Dungy didn't do with them....Dungy went on to do it with Indy, but none the less, he didn't do it in Tampa while Gruden did, and with the same players.
oldcow1945 said:
I guess Cooper was the better coach and better recruiter then, huh?Tressel has done a much better job of getting better athletes than Cooper ever did. Try going to scout or rivals and taking a look. As a matter of fact, a few classes back the Buckeyes broke the NFL record for players drafted in one year.
That arguement about winning with someone else players is ridiculous. Gruden did something with the same squad that Dungy didn't do with them....Dungy went on to do it with Indy, but none the less, he didn't do it in Tampa while Gruden did, and with the same players.
I am really not knocking Tressel, nor do I think Cooper was better. If you follow what I was responding to, these were jabs at a certain poster, who made rediculous statements about Gruden.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login