Survey Monday 9/24/2012
-
(note...yes, they did NOT have cell phones when this show was made)
-
Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions:
1. Despite the losses what is the silver lining that you see with this Browns team?
Youth. Weeden has the arm to make all the throws, and I think the mistakes we're seeing now are coachable. He's used to the window that Blackmon vs. Big XII CB's gave him; he will not get that here. If he works on his timing this year, develops chemistry with his receivers, then look out. Our offense should look sick.
Haslam. I'm ready for the dude to clean house. Bye Holmgren. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, you fat fuck.
2. The Texans, Falcons, and Cardinals are the only undefeated teams remaining in the NFL after 3 games. Do you think these 3 are Contenders or Pretenders for the NFL Title?
I think the Texans and Falcons are for real. I'm not sure about the Cardinals, though they did beat the Pats.
3. Have you ever visited a location because you saw it in a movie...or TV show? If so, where?
No.
4. Have you ever visited a location because of a song lyric or album. If so, where?
No.
5. What is the most valuable antique or collectible you own? (been watching too much Pawn Stars or Pickers)
Probably not worth very much, but I have Jim Brown and Don Shula signed footballs. Don't really have anything of value outside of that, my desk, and my computer.
-
Italian Village Restaurant. Across street from Ferris Beuller parking deck. I ate there.

-
-
Many are more familiar with this version:
-
Oh, yes, one other place I have been that was both a song/movie: Brighton and Beachy Head, England, from Quadrophenia by The Who:
-
Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions:
1. Despite the losses what is the silver lining that you see with this Browns team?
2. The Texans, Falcons, and Cardinals are the only undefeated teams remaining in the NFL after 3 games. Do you think these 3 are Contenders or Pretenders for the NFL Title?
3. Have you ever visited a location because you saw it in a movie...or TV show? If so, where?
4. Have you ever visited a location because of a song lyric or album. If so, where?
5. What is the most valuable antique or collectible you own? (been watching too much Pawn Stars or Pickers)
Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions:
1. Despite the losses what is the silver lining that you see with this Browns team?
I think the roster is getting closer to NFL-caliber.
2. The Texans, Falcons, and Cardinals are the only undefeated teams remaining in the NFL after 3 games. Do you think these 3 are Contenders or Pretenders for the NFL Title?
Texans are for real- I think they were the best in the AFC last year, until Schaub got hurt.
3. Have you ever visited a location because you saw it in a movie...or TV show? If so, where?
No
4. Have you ever visited a location because of a song lyric or album. If so, where?
Yes....54th Street Bridge song, NYC
5. What is the most valuable antique or collectible you own? (been watching too much Pawn Stars or Pickers)
Original "elf" Browns pennant from the 60s
-
I have thought of several more movie/TV/song locations I have been to:
A. Tuscon Movie Studios where they filmed Tombstone. (I'm your Huckleberry), and several TV shows like High Chapparell.
B. Modesto CA. I cruised the streets there thinking I was replicating what the kids in American Graffiti did. Only later did I learn that the movie, though depicting Modesto, was actually shot in Petaluma. I have been through Petaluma, but didn't "cruise" it.
C. El Pueblo de Los Angeles. The original LA. Inspired by ZORRO. I envisioned the masked man leaping across the rooftops of those buildings. I quite liked it there. It is a hidden LA gem.
D. Savannah Parks. I fully expected to run into Forrest Gump sitting there.
E. The New Bedford, Mass. Seaman's Bethel. From a scene in Moby Dick with Gregory Peck. The Bethel was a church where the pulpit is shaped like the bow of a ship.
F. The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. My wife wanted to go there because of seeing it in Somewhere in Time, with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.
G. Boys Town, Omaha Nebraska. Without the movie starring Spencer Tracy as Father Flanagan this facility would not be near as famous.
H. Virginia City, Nevada. Here also is the Bonanza connection.
I. Asbury Park, New Jersey. Trip inspired by Bruce Springsteen's Greetings from Asbury Park album, and particularly "Sandy, Asbury Park, 4th of July". The whole area was pretty much gone, except for Madame Marie's. The Casino was there but vacant. No Latin Lover's dancing with their shirts open, no Tilt a Whirl. All long gone
J. Tony Packo's. Toledo, Ohio. Sgt. Klinger...MASH...hangout. Good food.
K. The Philadelphia Museum of Art. Come on, admit it. Half of you have run up the steps and raised your arms in Victory, haven't you. From Rocky of course. Also from Rocky: The Italian Market
L. Forks, Washington, from Twilight. OK, now, listen. I didn't go to Forks because of Twilight. But I did spend a night in a motel there years before that book/movie ever came out. But, my daughter was jealous of the fact that I had been there. I told her to not be that way, because all there was in Forks are some gas stations, motels, and diners. (It is near the entrance to Olympia NP). Nothing whatsoever to write home about.
-
4. Have you ever visited a location because of a song lyric or album. If so, where?
Yes....54th Street Bridge song, NYC
5. What is the most valuable antique or collectible you own? (been watching too much Pawn Stars or Pickers)
Original "elf" Browns pennant from the 60s
As Geoff Sindelar used to say "nice item" on the elf.
On the 54th street bridge, love that song, but question: I don't see where there is a 54th street bridge in NYC. Which Bridge is that?
-

Seaman's Bethel Chapel, with the "Prow Pulpit" from Moby Dick, New Bedford Mass.
-

Grand Hotel, Mackinac
-
-

Old Tuscon Studio. Site of making of Tombstone.
-

Zorro's hangout.
-
Forrest Gump Bench, Savannah

-
He ain't heavy. He's my brother. Boystown

-
Asbury Park, Boardwalk

-
-
4. Have you ever visited a location because of a song lyric or album. If so, where?
Yes....54th Street Bridge song, NYC
5. What is the most valuable antique or collectible you own? (been watching too much Pawn Stars or Pickers)
Original "elf" Browns pennant from the 60s
As Geoff Sindelar used to say "nice item" on the elf.
On the 54th street bridge, love that song, but question: I don't see where there is a 54th street bridge in NYC. Which Bridge is that?
4. Have you ever visited a location because of a song lyric or album. If so, where?
Yes....54th Street Bridge song, NYC
5. What is the most valuable antique or collectible you own? (been watching too much Pawn Stars or Pickers)
Original "elf" Browns pennant from the 60s
As Geoff Sindelar used to say "nice item" on the elf.
On the 54th street bridge, love that song, but question: I don't see where there is a 54th street bridge in NYC. Which Bridge is that?
I was wrong, it's the 59th St. Bridge
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login