Chase Daniel sinking in the East-West Shrine game
-
Here's some really nice footage from the Shrine Game practices:
-
There was a Nebraska RB that caught my eye: Marlon Lucky. He had some giddy up and gears we could use. Same size as Steve Slaton. Understanding that, we could use a "Lucky" surprise after round 1.
- Tom F. (It seems like GREAT RBs are drafted after round 1 every year and that's a good thing for us. At least I hope it is)
He's actually a little bigger than Slaton - he came in at 5'11", 212 lbs. at the weigh-in.
WPB Dawg Fan's been calling this guy a sleeper RB prospect for a while now. Last night, Lucky showed some things that made me think he could be right.
There should also be some nice Day Two RB's to watch in the Senior Bowl: Rashad Jennings (who could go anywhere from the 2nd to 4th Round) and Andre Brown are two big backs we may be looking at.
Aloysius said:
He's actually a little bigger than Slaton - he came in at 5'11", 212 lbs. at the weigh-in.WPB Dawg Fan's been calling this guy a sleeper RB prospect for a while now. Last night, Lucky showed some things that made me think he could be right.
There should also be some nice Day Two RB's to watch in the Senior Bowl: Rashad Jennings (who could go anywhere from the 2nd to 4th Round) and Andre Brown are two big backs we may be looking at.
Damn...I wish I could have seen the game. I just REALLY like Lucky's size and speed, and the fact he has soft hands out of the backfield. It would have been nice to see him featured a little bit instead of playing second fiddle like he did after hurting his toe.
All I know is this kid TORE IT UP the year before....and then got the turf toe and was suddenly deligated to nowhere land. He has good speed, agility, hands, and not much wear on the tires.
Hope we pick him up...I honestly see him as a complimentary back in a two back system. Not just a 3rd down guy.
-
I'd compare Lucky to fellow Cornhusker Correll Buckhalter. Lucky has a little more upright running style, but they're very similar in terms of size and speed.
He could be a complimentary back, but I see him more as a 3rd down back/spot starter. Because of his receiving skills, he may have more value for teams that run a WCO.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login