Skip to content

Pat Shurmur On Fourth-And-1 Punt: “I Think It Worked Out”

The Browns Board
24 18 1.2k
  • I rarely take shots at coaches, especially of another team other than the Redskins and decision making because I know its a lot harder then it looks and they are professionals, but, Shurmer is the reason you guys are 1-6. I have never seen such gutless and scared coaching in my life. The first game in Philly you guys didnt go for 2 in the 4th quarter, it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. But this 4th and 1 play in Indy thispast Sunday is just plain gutless. Shurmer doesnt play or coach to win, he plays/coaches to not get blown out or to lose by "just a little." I think hes doing it so he thinks it will help him get a coordinator job after his tenure with the Browns is over. The sad part is hes hurting all the fans and the players by doing crap like that. How do you not go for it on 4th and 1 in their side of the field? Skins went for it twice on 4th down, once with 4:30 left (4th and 10 on their own 25) and once with 2:00 left (4th and 1 at the Giants 35. The first 4th and 10 is probably a dumb decision, but luckily RG3 scrambled and made a heck of a play. I just wouldnt have went for it then. The second 4th down, Id go for it 7 days a week and twice on sunday. If you guys had any other coach right now, I bet you all would be at LEAST 3-4, maybe even 4-3. Shurmer is making Weeden throw 50 times a game and not running the ball correctly, he benched Trich in the 1st quarter?! I mean give me a break! He single-handly ruined the Browns season this year. Your team is not a bad team, if anything, its a pretty decent young group. Its just that when coaching is that bad, there is nothing you can do except sit there and cringe.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @skinsfan28 said:

    I rarely take shots at coaches, especially of another team other than the Redskins and decision making because I know its a lot harder then it looks and they are professionals, but, Shurmer is the reason you guys are 1-6. I have never seen such gutless and scared coaching in my life. The first game in Philly you guys didnt go for 2 in the 4th quarter, it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. But this 4th and 1 play in Indy thispast Sunday is just plain gutless. Shurmer doesnt play or coach to win, he plays/coaches to not get blown out or to lose by "just a little." I think hes doing it so he thinks it will help him get a coordinator job after his tenure with the Browns is over. The sad part is hes hurting all the fans and the players by doing crap like that. How do you not go for it on 4th and 1 in their side of the field? Skins went for it twice on 4th down, once with 4:30 left (4th and 10 on their own 25) and once with 2:00 left (4th and 1 at the Giants 35. The first 4th and 10 is probably a dumb decision, but luckily RG3 scrambled and made a heck of a play. I just wouldnt have went for it then. The second 4th down, Id go for it 7 days a week and twice on sunday. If you guys had any other coach right now, I bet you all would be at LEAST 3-4, maybe even 4-3. Shurmer is making Weeden throw 50 times a game and not running the ball correctly, he benched Trich in the 1st quarter?! I mean give me a break! He single-handly ruined the Browns season this year. Your team is not a bad team, if anything, its a pretty decent young group. Its just that when coaching is that bad, there is nothing you can do except sit there and cringe.

    T Rich is hurt and played like garbage. Sitting him was the right move.

    Not going for it on 4th down was debatable, but not the nail in the coffin. We got the ball back, we failed to convert.

    Blowing the time out was stupid, but I also heard that was on Weeden. That's a miscommunication between player and coach.

    Either way, Patsy has proven he is not head coach material thus far. He's too timid and gutless.

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    The truth is that you didn't even pin the Colts in their ten, because the punt went about 20 yards.

    The worst part of the game to me, wasn't even the punt. It was the playcalls on 2nd and 3rd down. Two shots to the end zone when you need to put a drive together with over 6 minutes to go? wtf

  • The truth is that you didn't even pin the Colts in their ten, because the punt went about 20 yards.

    The worst part of the game to me, wasn't even the punt. It was the playcalls on 2nd and 3rd down. Two shots to the end zone when you need to put a drive together with over 6 minutes to go? wtf

    halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @dab7291993 said:

    The truth is that you didn't even pin the Colts in their ten, because the punt went about 20 yards.

    The worst part of the game to me, wasn't even the punt. It was the playcalls on 2nd and 3rd down. Two shots to the end zone when you need to put a drive together with over 6 minutes to go? wtf

    I agree with taking the endzone shots, and by taking those shots and missing, your ass better go for on 4 and 1.

  • B Brown Skids wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Shurmur is giving Crennel a run for his money as worst coach ever.