Skip to content

A Further Look At The Browns Vs Steelers Game

The Browns Board
45 17 2.1k
  • @miktoxic said:

    yeah we won. our team vs. yours. one on one battles. we won. not our fault YOUR players were incompetent. was it your coaches fault? maybe. was in your defense's fault (not being able to stop such an inept offense as ours)? maybe. was it your team not being prepared or taking us too lightly? maybe.

    all i know is cleveland beat the steelers. end of story.

    just cuz they bounced back yesterday and played a good game doesn't mean you can give them a pass for playing like shit the week before.

    you should get used to the feeling of losing. next year the stoolers and ravens will be getting the shitty end of the stick at the bottom of the AFCN which is a prelude for the division for the next deacade or two.

    ha ha!!

    Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next. I also never said I was giving them a pass or that anyone was giving them a pass for last week. It was a TERRIBLE game, it's not my fault most don't want to see that it was more about the Steelers beating themselves than it was about the Browns beating the Steelers. I really would like an explanation for the supposed decline next year or the year after. What is going to transpire?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @vagitron said:

    Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next. I also never said I was giving them a pass or that anyone was giving them a pass for last week. It was a TERRIBLE game, it's not my fault most don't want to see that it was more about the Steelers beating themselves than it was about the Browns beating the Steelers. I really would like an explanation for the supposed decline next year or the year after. What is going to transpire?

    Yes, it is YOUR fault...that you have your head up your ass about this. What you saw WAS the Browns beating the Steelers like a redheaded stepchild. What you saw was the Browns manhandling and slobberknockering the Steelers so hard and so often that they could not hold on to the ball. You saw all of that if you bothered to watch the game. What you are is too big of a puss to admit it.

    As for the belief that the Steelers may be declining, I suspect it has simply to do with the age of that team at critical spots. FYI, the same assumption can be made about the Ravens.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was aware, seeing as how he's fucked me in fantasy all season.

    I didn't realize Wallace and Sanders were having All-Pro years before his injury, forgive me for being so blind.

    Fact is, the Steelers are getting old, Tomlin isn't Cowher, and you haven't drafted nearly as well as you used to. You don't have to see it, and nobody expects you to. But you asked for reasons and you got them.

    You could field eleven 80 year old coma patients and still argue that they you have the best team in the NFL. It's why Steeler fans are generally despised. Your loyalty is so thick (when you're winning), that you completely disregard facts.

    The only thing that has been listed is players age and I posted back with a bunch of young guys waiting in the wings. Once again let's downplay Ben being out for 3 1/2 games. Idiot. Oh and Tomlin isn't Cowher? I'd rather have Tomlin personally and I don't know of many people that would disagree at this point.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @vagitron said:

    The only thing that has been listed is players age and I posted back with a bunch of young guys waiting in the wings. Once again let's downplay Ben being out for 3 1/2 games. Idiot. Oh and Tomlin isn't Cowher? I'd rather have Tomlin personally and I don't know of many people that would disagree at this point.

    Again, and again, and again, the biggest age factor on that team is this: Dick LeBeau 75 years old.

    The fact is the people here are correct when they say the talent level on the Steelers D isn't all that and a bag of chips, but they do continue to be rated in the Top 5 in both defensive stat categories (yards and points).

    The unknown for you is what happens when DL retires.

    You foolishly believe that the Steelers can just plug in the next guy to fill his slot. Well, that is a BIG maybe.

    All those defenders you have been able to plug in to fill spots have all worked out because you always had the same guy running the show.....but can you just find a body to plug in to take his spot? Unlikely.

  • @vagitron said:

    Please highlight the reasons for the collapse of the Steelers this year or next

    ben roethlisberger. done.

    if he gets hit in his ribs again just the right way.......

    i mean do you want to see someone actually die on the field?

    steelers 2013 draft (if there is a 2013) first pick. QB.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @miktoxic said:

    ben roethlisberger. done.

    if he gets hit in his ribs again just the right way.......

    i mean do you want to see someone actually die on the field?

    steelers 2013 draft (if there is a 2013) first pick. QB.

    Well, if he is healthy he isn't done.

    But, you do have to ask the question: with all the pounding he has taken in his career is he really going to be a guy that will continue into his later 30s? He has taken a far greater pounding than say a Peyton Manning due to his style of play. Or will he be a guy that has to retire at like 32.

    No questioning his toughness, the question is how long can you take that kind of beating before it really catches up.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't have tape on them because there isn't much tape to be had, which is my exact point.

    Keep fighting it, it makes little difference to anyone. You wanted your reasons, you got your reasons, and you are the only one trying...and failing...to disprove them.

    By the way, if Lewis is playing out of his mind and he's posting the stats he is...you have your answer right there as to why the Steelers are going to hell in a handbasket.

    I'll see you in three years when you're a Redskins fan.

    I'm still waiting to be "called on the carpet". Call your cavalry of mouthbreathers and inbreds, I'm dying to hear why I'm wrong. Let me guess...the answer is probably "six rings".

    You won't get called on the carpet here and the other Steeler fans that post here post to troll. I don't post to troll. Please take what you're saying to my primary board and you'll get ripped apart by statistics. They don't lie. The Steelers being the number one D isn't some fluke and once they get healthy they have as good a chance as anyone to make a push for the Super Bowl. The only team I don't want to see in the playoffs out of the gate is denver and that's because Clark can't play at mile high.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @vagitron said:

    You won't get called on the carpet here and the other Steeler fans that post here post to troll. I don't post to troll. Please take what you're saying to my primary board and you'll get ripped apart by statistics. They don't lie. The Steelers being the number one D isn't some fluke and once they get healthy they have as good a chance as anyone to make a push for the Super Bowl. The only team I don't want to see in the playoffs out of the gate is denver and that's because Clark can't play at mile high.

    The thing that may save the Steelers is that they have the weakest remaining schedule of any of the AFCN teams. See my other thread on this. Three games at home with Chargers, Bengals, Browns on schedule

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #45

    ya know...I read this thread and had to laugh because Vagi-tard is still crying like a little bitch girl a week later cuz his Stoolers got the tar kicked out them. Like give it up already. Quit whinning like a little pussy...We beat your ass. Get over it Chumlee!! LOL