Local Tv Not Carrying Browns Games
-
It is the NFL’s rule not the stations.
If Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both at home, then the Steelers get televised because Youngstown is considered a Cleveland market. I guess they do it to make sure they sell tickets and sell out the games. Last week was odd because both were on the road and Cleveland should have been televised. I am pretty sure Erie is considered a Cleveland market as well even though it is in Pennsylvania.
I get pissed about this as well because I have to pay for the NFL ticket to make sure I do not miss any Steelers games.
-
It is the NFL’s rule not the stations.
If Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both at home, then the Steelers get televised because Youngstown is considered a Cleveland market. I guess they do it to make sure they sell tickets and sell out the games. Last week was odd because both were on the road and Cleveland should have been televised. I am pretty sure Erie is considered a Cleveland market as well even though it is in Pennsylvania.
I get pissed about this as well because I have to pay for the NFL ticket to make sure I do not miss any Steelers games.
It is the NFL’s rule not the stations.
If Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both at home, then the Steelers get televised because Youngstown is considered a Cleveland market. I guess they do it to make sure they sell tickets and sell out the games. Last week was odd because both were on the road and Cleveland should have been televised. I am pretty sure Erie is considered a Cleveland market as well even though it is in Pennsylvania.
I get pissed about this as well because I have to pay for the NFL ticket to make sure I do not miss any Steelers games.
That's NOT true. When the Browns and Steelers re both home the Browns are televised. When the Browns and Steelers
are both on the road the Browns are televised. When the Browns are home and the Steelers are away the Steelers can
be televised.This is EXACTLY what the station manager told me. WKBN made an "internal decision" to override this
policy for the last two weeks which is upsetting to Browns fans when the station managers arbitrarily make these
decisions.BTW great letter in the Vindy sports section about this subject today and no it is not me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login