Espn.com Mock 1.0
-
Here are some guys on my radar, so far
Dee Milliner - This would be a GREAT pick, stop the Buster Skrine targeting.
Damontre Moore - Pass rush, nuff said.
Barkevious Mingo - ^^
Keenan Allen - Gordon, Allen, Little great receiving group.
Eric Reid/ Matt Elam - Someone downfield to help the pass defense.
Chance Warmack - Someone to help Trent
I would love to see the browns trade down, actually.
-
Here are some guys on my radar, so far
Dee Milliner - This would be a GREAT pick, stop the Buster Skrine targeting.
Damontre Moore - Pass rush, nuff said.
Barkevious Mingo - ^^
Keenan Allen - Gordon, Allen, Little great receiving group.
Eric Reid/ Matt Elam - Someone downfield to help the pass defense.
Chance Warmack - Someone to help Trent
I would love to see the browns trade down, actually.
Here are some guys on my radar, so far
Dee Milliner - This would be a GREAT pick, stop the Buster Skrine targeting.
Damontre Moore - Pass rush, nuff said.
Barkevious Mingo - ^^
Keenan Allen - Gordon, Allen, Little great receiving group.
Eric Reid/ Matt Elam - Someone downfield to help the pass defense.
Chance Warmack - Someone to help Trent
I would love to see the browns trade down, actually.
I think trading down makes alot of sense. We could trade down from 5-7 to 15-20, recoup our 2nd rounder and add a 4th-6th rounder. Which means we could grab Warmack, Eric Reid or Rambo in the 2nd, and a Brandon Jenkins/John Simon/Tank Carradine in the 3rd. I believe if we're active in FA this year and bring in a CB and a FB were playoff bound!
-
^^^ yeah boy! nobody at the top of the draft that really sticks out, might as well patch some of the many holes on this swiss cheese defense
-
Drafting a Guard in the first round will win us exactly zero games more next year (and every year after that) then not drafting anyone at all. Take one of the pass rushing LBs/DEs, Teo, or Millner, please.
I don't care if Bill Belicheck, Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Walsh were all hired as scouts for the Browns next year and they all thought the best pick was Womack, I still wouldn't take him.
Its the Joe Thomas over AP syndrome. Great, we have the best LT in the world. Having him over the 15th best LT in the world wins us roughly zero extra games per year. You don't think Minnesota would laugh us out of the midwest if we proposed a Thomas/Richardson for AP/Kalil trade?
Meanwhile, teams that win games draft play makers on both sides of the ball...
-
^^^ yeah boy! nobody at the top of the draft that really sticks out, might as well patch some of the many holes on this swiss cheese defense
^^^ yeah boy! nobody at the top of the draft that really sticks out, might as well patch some of the many holes on this swiss cheese defense
MHO is the Browns will almost certainly go D with the first pick. Either OLB or CB.
I'm not buying the Sheldon Brown apologist BS the guy got beat by Peyton Manning on perfect throws. He lucked out not getting burned on another TD lying flat on his ass while Manning overthrew the intended receiver. He gets picked on mercilessly, I'd bet 90% of the big plays the Browns D have given up were his responsibility.
-
yeah not sure why you would select a guard that high when you could trade down, get a 2nd rounder and still get him.
-
DO NOT SWITCH BACK TO 3-4
If they did the whole trade down technique they could really add some depth on defense
Jordan Poyer - CB Oregon State
TJ McDonald - S USC
Corey Lemonier - DE/OLB Auburn
Chase Thomas - DE/OLB Stanford
Bacarri Rambo - S Georgia
Sean Porter - DE/OLB Texas A&M
Justin Gilbert - CB Oklahoma State
All second-third round guys there, and the browns could trade down and address CB, OLB/DE, and S in one draft
D-Line - Sheard/Rubin/Taylor/Rucker/Winn/Hughes LB's - Thomas/Jackson/Porter CB - Poyer, Haden S - Ward, Rambo
What's not to like?
-
well it looks like heckert will be gone. and if it's lombardi coming in he'll draft a (supposedly=hopefully) impact player which will be LB jones. if we can somehow package some picks and a trade of maybe hardesty and mccoy to move back up and get the OG or CB we should do it.
BTW sheldon brown should be moving to safety next year so look for us to be picking a CB somewhere this upcoming draft.
-
This isn't the first time I've heard this S Brown moved to safety thing. Is he really safety material? He is getting slower, and does not tackle with power like you would have in a safety. I don't know that he will be here next year, if he is, I definitely don't see him as a safety
-
This isn't the first time I've heard this S Brown moved to safety thing. Is he really safety material? He is getting slower, and does not tackle with power like you would have in a safety. I don't know that he will be here next year, if he is, I definitely don't see him as a safety
This isn't the first time I've heard this S Brown moved to safety thing. Is he really safety material? He is getting slower, and does not tackle with power like you would have in a safety. I don't know that he will be here next year, if he is, I definitely don't see him as a safety
Ronde Barber is doing fine at safety and he is not the tackler he once was. I think Brown would be fine at safety, if he isn't willing to switch, cut him. He is too slow for CB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login