Skip to content

Browns Next Coach Will Be..........

The Browns Board
22 15 1.4k
  • post-20284-0-86012100-1355788937_thumb.jpg

    Don't scoff at Big Phil yet...think about this for just a minute.

    In the College Football HOF

    Won a National Championship

    2 SEC Championships

    6 SEC Easter Division Titles

    151-52-1(.743 W-L%)

    8 Bowl wins

    Most important a close friend of Jimmy H.and he's unemployed...plus getting close to collecting social security which means he would agree to a lower salary.

    Just having some fun here, I know Big Phil is staying in Knoxville. It would be one hell of a bombshell though.

    I'm guessing if Jimmy wanted to kick the Haslam era off on the wrong foot this would just about do it.

    @slamfire44 said:

    post-20284-0-86012100-1355788937_thumb.jpg

    Don't scoff at Big Phil yet...think about this for just a minute.

    In the College Football HOF

    Won a National Championship

    2 SEC Championships

    6 SEC Easter Division Titles

    151-52-1(.743 W-L%)

    8 Bowl wins

    Most important a close friend of Jimmy H.and he's unemployed...plus getting close to collecting social security which means he would agree to a lower salary.

    Just having some fun here, I know Big Phil is staying in Knoxville. It would be one hell of a bombshell though.

    I'm guessing if Jimmy wanted to kick the Haslam era off on the wrong foot this would just about do it.

    Phil Fullmer was fired by Tennesse... So yes, that would be an awful idea.

  • Guys that I think may be in the radar:

    1. Saban. Why?: a. Haslam will want to get him out of the SEC so his Vols will have a chance...and Haslam will like the SEC connection. And Haslam would give Saban most of the football authority b. he has done everything he can do in college (especially if he wins again) which leads to c. Saban will want to prove to himself he can succeed in the NFL.

    I think the Haslam connection...and the fact that Saban is a Kent State alum and former Browns DC would make the Browns more appealing to him than most other teams. d. there is young talent here as well that Saban could mold into his image.

    2. Gruden. Why?: As I said elsewhere, those rumors about him going to UT and getting a piece of the Browns was a garbled rumor. It was "he is going to the orange and brown" and coaching the Browns.

    3. Josh McDaniels. Why? a. Haslam could see McDaniels as a Belichick clone, i.e. a guy that was not successful in his first gig but who could come back and make a big name for himself on his second time around. b. Robert Kraft and Haslam are now buddies and Kraft has been mentoring Haslam in ownership style....and may have reccomended McDaniels for the job. c. McDaniels is a local guy, though that means little it may still be a poker chip.

    I do not see strictly college coaches like Kelly etc. getting the nod. I do not think Bill O'Brien will leave Penn St. in the lurch.

    I will also defer to you all about some of the coordinators....like McCoy whom several mentioned. I am just not familiar enough with them......but.....I do agree that if Haslam wants to follow the Steelers model, that is exactly the type of direction he may want to go.