Skip to content

Grossi On Lombardi

The Browns Board
22 16 1.5k
  • My favorite quote from his PC:

    "If I was the man I was 20 years ago, I don't think Joe and Jimmy should have hired me."

    I guess Mike just had some life changing epiphany on evaluating football talent during his time at NFL network.

  • Let's put it this way:

    Bottom line, with these hires, the honeymoon is over. The fans are NOT going to give this organization "time" to do things right. They need to do things right from the giddyup.

    Their free agent acquisitions must be substantial and productive. Their draft choice must be 80% hits. Their decisions on who or who not to retain from the current roster must be accurate and defensible.

    They have no choice but to succeed, because come about 4 games into next season, if things are not looking good, they will become like Spartacus and his group: they will ALL be crucified.

    @the-gipper said:

    Let's put it this way:

    Bottom line, with these hires, the honeymoon is over. The fans are NOT going to give this organization "time" to do things right. They need to do things right from the giddyup.

    Their free agent acquisitions must be substantial and productive. Their draft choice must be 80% hits. Their decisions on who or who not to retain from the current roster must be accurate and defensible.

    They have no choice but to succeed, because come about 4 games into next season, if things are not looking good, they will become like Spartacus and his group: they will ALL be crucified.

    ^+1 What's done is done, and I'll back off on the Lombardi hire (for the time being). No need for me to turn into a Ghoolie style Lombardi basher, you guys know how I feel about the hire. But for starters with the #6 pick they had better pick up a stud Pro Bowl caliber player, or trade out of it for a couple Phil Taylors.

    PS if you listen to the Nance interview, sounds like he's claiming the Jamarcus Russell pick was all on Al Davis, Lombardi wanted no part of it.