Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Inaugural Benediction

Inaugural Benediction

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
46 Posts 10 Posters 2.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

    I could give a fook less about this guys living through racism. Doesn't give him a right to say racist things about whites. And fook Dakamjuki, whatever your name is. You sound like a wigger. You must have loved Charlie Frye.

    Aloysius ?
    • Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You must have loved Charlie Frye.

    No, that was Cal.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
      • 3k Posts
      • 197 Reputation
      Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
      #22

      Juke & Al, thanks for the reasonable responses - as always.

      My beef was & still is, that he is focusing on the past. You lived it, and fought it. Guess what, that "other guy" we were celebrating on Monday (remember him?) died for it.

      Dr. King's struggles, your struggles, Rosa's struggles and - here's the important part - ya'll's victories are what paved the way for what occured on November 4th and Tuesday at noon. Dont take a shit on that achievement by "preaching" like you would have back then. Look at the accomplishment of the present, and look to the future.

      It's the equivalent of having George Wallace speak at Bush 2's inauguration. It's just so dated and stale for me, is all. It's not playing the "race card" but it's the guy at the table who folds before the flop on every hand. Dude, just quit coming over and playing if you aren't going to play.

      And juke - his text of the speech wasn't really the problem I had (as I knew he had used it before and am coming to understand he's used the ending quite often). It was the context. Wrong place, wrong time.

      Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
      ? D Mr. TM 3 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

        I could give a fook less about this guys living through racism. Doesn't give him a right to say racist things about whites. And fook Dakamjuki, whatever your name is. You sound like a wigger. You must have loved Charlie Frye.

        PBJ P
        • 378 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        P PBJ wrote on last edited by
        #23

        @diehardbrownsfan said:

        I could give a fook less about this guys living through racism. Doesn't give him a right to say racist things about whites. And fook Dakamjuki, whatever your name is. You sound like a wigger. You must have loved Charlie Frye.

        You are right, him living through lots of racism doesn't give him the right to say racist things. The US constitution does. I don't really see why people care so much about this.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

          Juke & Al, thanks for the reasonable responses - as always.

          My beef was & still is, that he is focusing on the past. You lived it, and fought it. Guess what, that "other guy" we were celebrating on Monday (remember him?) died for it.

          Dr. King's struggles, your struggles, Rosa's struggles and - here's the important part - ya'll's victories are what paved the way for what occured on November 4th and Tuesday at noon. Dont take a shit on that achievement by "preaching" like you would have back then. Look at the accomplishment of the present, and look to the future.

          It's the equivalent of having George Wallace speak at Bush 2's inauguration. It's just so dated and stale for me, is all. It's not playing the "race card" but it's the guy at the table who folds before the flop on every hand. Dude, just quit coming over and playing if you aren't going to play.

          And juke - his text of the speech wasn't really the problem I had (as I knew he had used it before and am coming to understand he's used the ending quite often). It was the context. Wrong place, wrong time.

          Aloysius ?
          • Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
          #24

          @legacy-fan said:

          Juke & Al, thanks for the reasonable responses - as always.

          My beef was & still is, that he is focusing on the past. You lived it, and fought it. Guess what, that "other guy" we were celebrating on Monday (remember him?) died for it.

          You're welcome, and I get your point. To be honest, I thought it was a little inartful of him to include it in his speech (though I didn't think it was such a big deal).

          On the other hand, John Roberts is a fraud and a hack. Harvard should strip him of both of his degrees from that august liberal fascist institution. His poor short-term memory almost sent our republic into a constitutional crisis!

          The only honorable thing for him to do would be to resign.

          Ben Affleck does a much better Olbermann than Olbermann.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

            Juke & Al, thanks for the reasonable responses - as always.

            My beef was & still is, that he is focusing on the past. You lived it, and fought it. Guess what, that "other guy" we were celebrating on Monday (remember him?) died for it.

            Dr. King's struggles, your struggles, Rosa's struggles and - here's the important part - ya'll's victories are what paved the way for what occured on November 4th and Tuesday at noon. Dont take a shit on that achievement by "preaching" like you would have back then. Look at the accomplishment of the present, and look to the future.

            It's the equivalent of having George Wallace speak at Bush 2's inauguration. It's just so dated and stale for me, is all. It's not playing the "race card" but it's the guy at the table who folds before the flop on every hand. Dude, just quit coming over and playing if you aren't going to play.

            And juke - his text of the speech wasn't really the problem I had (as I knew he had used it before and am coming to understand he's used the ending quite often). It was the context. Wrong place, wrong time.

            damajuki D
            • 475 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            D damajuki wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @legacy-fan said:

            Juke & Al, thanks for the reasonable responses - as always.

            My beef was & still is, that he is focusing on the past. You lived it, and fought it. Guess what, that "other guy" we were celebrating on Monday (remember him?) died for it.

            Dr. King's struggles, your struggles, Rosa's struggles and - here's the important part - ya'll's victories are what paved the way for what occured on November 4th and Tuesday at noon. Dont take a shit on that achievement by "preaching" like you would have back then. Look at the accomplishment of the present, and look to the future.

            It's the equivalent of having George Wallace speak at Bush 2's inauguration. It's just so dated and stale for me, is all. It's not playing the "race card" but it's the guy at the table who folds before the flop on every hand. Dude, just quit coming over and playing if you aren't going to play.

            And juke - his text of the speech wasn't really the problem I had (as I knew he had used it before and am coming to understand he's used the ending quite often). It was the context. Wrong place, wrong time.

            Thanks, Leg. Well put and I agree with your sentiment, just not the level of reaction to Lowery's comments. Though your reasonable and strong argument is both convincing and welcome in these parts.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

              Juke & Al, thanks for the reasonable responses - as always.

              My beef was & still is, that he is focusing on the past. You lived it, and fought it. Guess what, that "other guy" we were celebrating on Monday (remember him?) died for it.

              Dr. King's struggles, your struggles, Rosa's struggles and - here's the important part - ya'll's victories are what paved the way for what occured on November 4th and Tuesday at noon. Dont take a shit on that achievement by "preaching" like you would have back then. Look at the accomplishment of the present, and look to the future.

              It's the equivalent of having George Wallace speak at Bush 2's inauguration. It's just so dated and stale for me, is all. It's not playing the "race card" but it's the guy at the table who folds before the flop on every hand. Dude, just quit coming over and playing if you aren't going to play.

              And juke - his text of the speech wasn't really the problem I had (as I knew he had used it before and am coming to understand he's used the ending quite often). It was the context. Wrong place, wrong time.

              Mr. T Mr. TM
              • 7k Posts
              • 184 Reputation
              Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @legacy-fan said:

              his text of the speech wasn't really the problem I had (as I knew he had used it before and am coming to understand he's used the ending quite often). It was the context. Wrong place, wrong time.

              I agree it was the wrong place and the wrong time, but for him it was the opposite it was the right place at the right time to say it.

              He was center stage and had the audience of millions around the world, and with his remarks he stole the show. It was a sound bite to be remembered. (Selfish man)

              Head or Gut?
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                • 3k Posts
                • 197 Reputation
                Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
                #27

                @damajuki said:

                Wow. I "sound like a wigger", huh?

                Anybody offended by that statement that was offended by Lowery's statement? Anyone?

                DieHard: sram te bilo.

                Considering I pay as much attention to diehard as Shawn Kemp pays to his 11 or so children..

                But to answer the question, everything he says usually offends me, and I've given up. However, I think it's a pretty safe assumption that he wont be asked to speak at any inaugurations in the future. 😉

                I guess my reaction was a total day of/day after frustration thing. I know Lowery's not speaking for an entire race of people (or I dont know - that could be part of my frustration), but it almost felt like he was complaining. Almost. How do you not sit back & enjoy the moment? Have race relations been that bad in the last 40 years that he was/ is incapable of accepting a victory? I don't think so. While they were absolutely that bad in the 60's & before, you can't argue that huge improvements haven't been made since then. Is it a defense mechanism? Or will he (& others) never be happy with the situation no matter how positive it is?

                And again, excuse my absolute terminology: the "winning, victory, etc." I don't know how else to describe it though.

                p.s. And thanks a pantload, Al, for making me feel as insane as Olbermann. 😉

                Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                  • 28k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  @damajuki said:

                  Wow. I "sound like a wigger", huh?

                  Anybody offended by that statement that was offended by Lowery's statement? Anyone?

                  DieHard: sram te bilo.

                  Zdravo Kako si?

                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                    • 28k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    "Considering I pay as much attention to diehard as Shawn Kemp pays to his 11 or so children.. "

                    Right back at you. 🙄

                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                      I could give a fook less about this guys living through racism. Doesn't give him a right to say racist things about whites. And fook Dakamjuki, whatever your name is. You sound like a wigger. You must have loved Charlie Frye.

                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 39k Posts
                      • 9k Reputation
                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                      #30

                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                      I could give a fook less about this guys living through racism. Doesn't give him a right to say racist things about whites. And fook Dakamjuki, whatever your name is. You sound like a wigger. You must have loved Charlie Frye.

                      Hey DH, I think I'm to the right of some of these guys but the wigger shit is out of line.

                      I feel many of these guys on the left are as racist as anybody they love to accuse but we ought to leave that crap to XXXX the guy who started it.

                      That said there's not a doubt that old Dama would be bitching if the situation had been reversed.

                      WSS

                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                      DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        @diehardbrownsfan said:

                        I could give a fook less about this guys living through racism. Doesn't give him a right to say racist things about whites. And fook Dakamjuki, whatever your name is. You sound like a wigger. You must have loved Charlie Frye.

                        Hey DH, I think I'm to the right of some of these guys but the wigger shit is out of line.

                        I feel many of these guys on the left are as racist as anybody they love to accuse but we ought to leave that crap to XXXX the guy who started it.

                        That said there's not a doubt that old Dama would be bitching if the situation had been reversed.

                        WSS

                        DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                        • 28k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                        #31

                        @westside-steve said:

                        Hey DH, I think I'm to the right of some of these guys but the wigger shit is out of line.

                        I feel many of these guys on the left are as racist as anybody they love to accuse but we ought to leave that crap to XXXX the guy who started it.

                        That said there's not a doubt that old Dama would be bitching if the situation had been reversed.

                        WSS

                        Agreed. It's amazing the response my comment generated though. No one seems to care when the situation is reversed.

                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                        W 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                          @westside-steve said:

                          Hey DH, I think I'm to the right of some of these guys but the wigger shit is out of line.

                          I feel many of these guys on the left are as racist as anybody they love to accuse but we ought to leave that crap to XXXX the guy who started it.

                          That said there's not a doubt that old Dama would be bitching if the situation had been reversed.

                          WSS

                          Agreed. It's amazing the response my comment generated though. No one seems to care when the situation is reversed.

                          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          @diehardbrownsfan said:

                          Agreed. It's amazing the response my comment generated though. No one seems to care when the situation is reversed.

                          True enough.

                          Then they get huffy when it's pointed out.

                          WSS

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 197 Reputation
                            Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                            #33
                            ...bitching when the situation is reversed...

                            I disagree.

                            When has the situation been reversed where the instigator of said situation is not or was not immediately written off as a crazy machine a la David Duke?

                            Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                            W 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan
                              ...bitching when the situation is reversed...

                              I disagree.

                              When has the situation been reversed where the instigator of said situation is not or was not immediately written off as a crazy machine a la David Duke?

                              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 39k Posts
                              • 9k Reputation
                              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                              #34

                              @legacy-fan said:

                              I disagree.

                              When has the situation been reversed where the instigator of said situation is not or was not immediately written off as a crazy machine a la David Duke?

                              Well I think you answered your own question Leg.

                              I think if a similar speech had been made by a white minister he would be called a "crazy hate machine."

                              C'mon Leg, praise a few racial groups includijng Whites and then suggest Blacks need to "get right?"

                              Do you think Howard Cosell is a crazy hate machine?

                              How about Jimmy the Greek who spoke of slave trade in the exact same way Ali, Foreman and Joe Frazier did?

                              Even when Cosby and Obama suggest that Black people quit blaming the White man they get attacked do they not?

                              When Bill Clinton pointed out that Jesse Jackson won a primary wasn't he blasted for it?

                              As for my own take it isn't a positive thing but I do understand that that division is profitable.

                              If you and Dama see it otherwise, that's life I guess.

                              WSS

                              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                              Legacy FanL 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • damajuki D
                                • 475 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                                #35

                                Oh, Steve, you Master of the Straw Man, you.

                                How could the "situation" POSSIBLY be "reversed"?

                                You mean if people with darker skin tones who hailed from Africa enslaved and murdered millions of people of lighter skin tone who hailed from Europe?

                                Because that would be the "situation reversed" and nothing else.

                                So what are you talking about exactly?

                                Oh, right. Nothing that anybody else is talking about. True to form.

                                Anyway, since Steve likes to pretend he knows how I'd react to things that couldn't possibly be true to begin with (like his ridiculous straw man, above), I feel the need to clarify how I ACTUALLY feel about this sort of thing for those who actually read (and care about) what I type.

                                Lowery's line is fine by me coming from him because he's earned the right to chastise anyone he wants, whenever he wants.

                                That said, I think it was exceptionally poor timing for that sort of thing and it did take away from the moment for me.

                                In that sense, I agree with Leg's broader point about Lowery not respecting the time or place.

                                But was it enough for me to condemn the man or ruin the occasion? No, not even close.

                                And I'd say the same thing if the "situation" was "reversed", too.

                                W 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                  @damajuki said:

                                  Wow. I "sound like a wigger", huh?

                                  Anybody offended by that statement that was offended by Lowery's statement? Anyone?

                                  DieHard: sram te bilo.

                                  Zdravo Kako si?

                                  damajuki D
                                  • 475 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                  Zdravo Kako si?

                                  The original message means: "for shame" or "shame on you", by the way.

                                  Just so no one thinks I was DieHard'ing ol' DieHard.

                                  🙂

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                    • 28k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                    #37
                                    I had a flash back of my Grandmother saying that to me when I was a child. My Grandfather taught me some good swear words though.
                                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                    D 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • D damajuki

                                      Oh, Steve, you Master of the Straw Man, you.

                                      How could the "situation" POSSIBLY be "reversed"?

                                      You mean if people with darker skin tones who hailed from Africa enslaved and murdered millions of people of lighter skin tone who hailed from Europe?

                                      Because that would be the "situation reversed" and nothing else.

                                      So what are you talking about exactly?

                                      Oh, right. Nothing that anybody else is talking about. True to form.

                                      Anyway, since Steve likes to pretend he knows how I'd react to things that couldn't possibly be true to begin with (like his ridiculous straw man, above), I feel the need to clarify how I ACTUALLY feel about this sort of thing for those who actually read (and care about) what I type.

                                      Lowery's line is fine by me coming from him because he's earned the right to chastise anyone he wants, whenever he wants.

                                      That said, I think it was exceptionally poor timing for that sort of thing and it did take away from the moment for me.

                                      In that sense, I agree with Leg's broader point about Lowery not respecting the time or place.

                                      But was it enough for me to condemn the man or ruin the occasion? No, not even close.

                                      And I'd say the same thing if the "situation" was "reversed", too.

                                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                      • 39k Posts
                                      • 9k Reputation
                                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                      #38

                                      @damajuki said:

                                      Oh, Steve, you Master of the Straw Man, you.

                                      [You being the straw man?

                                      How could the "situation" POSSIBLY be "reversed"?

                                      You mean if people with darker skin tones who hailed from Africa enslaved and murdered millions of people of lighter skin tone who hailed from Europe?

                                      Because that would be the "situation reversed" and nothing else.

                                      Sorry.

                                      I never enslaved anyone. Never killed one for that matter.

                                      But if you look at Black on White crime statistics over my lifetime you'd see Whites are on the bad end.

                                      How about if someone insulted the Japanese? Germans?

                                      You cool with that?

                                      So what are you talking about exactly?

                                      Oh, right. Nothing that anybody else is talking about. True to form.

                                      Actually if you can or will read I had some examples.

                                      Anyway, since Steve likes to pretend he knows how I'd react to things that couldn't possibly be true to begin with (like his ridiculous straw man, above), I feel the need to clarify how I ACTUALLY feel about this sort of thing for those who actually read (and care about) what I type.

                                      Maybe I don't know.

                                      But so far it seems I've guessed correctly eh?

                                      Depending on party allegiance you defend one unsavory action over a similar one.

                                      Then you bitch.

                                      Lowery's line is fine by me coming from him because he's earned the right to chastise anyone he wants, whenever he wants.

                                      So anyone who has experienced a problem with someone of any other race is cool to be racist?

                                      That said, I think it was exceptionally poor timing for that sort of thing and it did take away from the moment for me.

                                      In that sense, I agree with Leg's broader point about Lowery not respecting the time or place.

                                      But was it enough for me to condemn the man or ruin the occasion? No, not even close.

                                      And I'd say the same thing if the "situation" was "reversed", too.

                                      We'll likely never know.

                                      I don't guess the next White president will have race as the focus of his presidency.

                                      WSS

                                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan
                                        I had a flash back of my Grandmother saying that to me when I was a child. My Grandfather taught me some good swear words though.
                                        damajuki D
                                        • 475 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                                        #39

                                        @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                        I had a flash back of my Grandmother saying that to me when I was a child. My Grandfather taught me some good swear words though.

                                        That sounds about right. She probably said it to him when he taught you those things too!

                                        😆

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • W Westside Steve

                                          @legacy-fan said:

                                          I disagree.

                                          When has the situation been reversed where the instigator of said situation is not or was not immediately written off as a crazy machine a la David Duke?

                                          Well I think you answered your own question Leg.

                                          I think if a similar speech had been made by a white minister he would be called a "crazy hate machine."

                                          C'mon Leg, praise a few racial groups includijng Whites and then suggest Blacks need to "get right?"

                                          Do you think Howard Cosell is a crazy hate machine?

                                          How about Jimmy the Greek who spoke of slave trade in the exact same way Ali, Foreman and Joe Frazier did?

                                          Even when Cosby and Obama suggest that Black people quit blaming the White man they get attacked do they not?

                                          When Bill Clinton pointed out that Jesse Jackson won a primary wasn't he blasted for it?

                                          As for my own take it isn't a positive thing but I do understand that that division is profitable.

                                          If you and Dama see it otherwise, that's life I guess.

                                          WSS

                                          Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                                          • 3k Posts
                                          • 197 Reputation
                                          Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          @westside-steve said:

                                          Well I think you answered your own question Leg.

                                          I think if a similar speech had been made by a white minister he would be called a "crazy hate machine."

                                          C'mon Leg, praise a few racial groups includijng Whites and then suggest Blacks need to "get right?"

                                          WSS

                                          What I am concerned about isn't the instructions in his message, or whether he is praising specific groups while chastising others. I brought up Wallace before because it would be like hearing the "Segregation then, now, & always" speech again. Or praising Jim Crow laws. Those groups of people have moved on from that and are now "attacking" Affirmative Action, Welfare careers, etc.

                                          I mean I understand he was trying to have a little fun & get rhyme'y but, modernize it, Rev. "Yellow man"??? I don't even think my Granddad says that anymore. "Attack" the problems of today, not 40 years ago. Or better yet, rather than promoting division, understand the significance of the moment, of the achievement, and talk about the nation locking arms & shouting "Red rover, red rover send the economy over. Send Healthcare over, send Energy crisis over... Let's fix this crap."

                                          Or something equally as corny.

                                          I dont know. 🤔

                                          Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                                          W 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate