Skip to content

Clay Matthews Jr.

The Browns Board
48 20 3.7k
  • He had a great week. I've been wondering myself if he could convert to 3-4 OLB.

  • @gravy_insane said:

    I'm all for taking a shot at Clay if we get someone like Curry first. With a some added production up on the Dline, adding those two could really give this D some speed and attitude.

    Maybe i'm old- but whats up with the video?

    @hammertime said:

    Maybe i'm old- but whats up with the video?

    Sometimes being a Browns fan feels like that....I can relate

  • I think we would be crazy not to get Mathews.

    Imagine what type of leader he would emerge to be with the history his family has with the browns..

  • from what i saw of veikune on wednesday, he looked really good. i didn't see anything previous to that day, but he looked to have good mobility and strength to go along with a good initial burst and closing speed. he was impressive.

  • On Tuesday, Veikune used his quickness to get past Ole Miss OT Michael Oher on successive plays.

  • he'a a DE from hawaii who looked great in one on one drills at senior bowl practices.

    also, oher seems to have a lot of problems with smaller, 3-4 type rushers. could be a major, major liability going forward for him.

  • Agreed. I think he'll be a good LT, but he could be elite as a RG.

  • oh ok. Phil traded away the 3rd and 5th.

    What about Beanie in the first and Clay Matthews III in the second?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    oh ok. Phil traded away the 3rd and 5th.

    Mayock is projecting Matthews to go in the later part of round 1. I was hoping we could steal him in round 2 as well.

    HOW MANY freakin draft picks did Savage get rid of?

    We didn't draft until round 4 last year and we're giving up 2 more rounds this year? Please tell me this wasn't in exchange for the 0 sacks we got from Corey Williams. Yuck!

    - Tom F.