Skip to content

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

The Browns Board
313 39 15.0k
  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I know 4pm hasn't hit yet but we are going to start this thread for all talk regarding the free agent frenzy set to hit here in a few hours. Talk about speculation, activity, and reactions here.

    Thanks guys.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Paul Kruger would be a good start, we need some more linebackers. Kruger would be a starter I'd assume, so we'd have Kruger, DQ, Gocong and Sheard. With Rubin, Taylor and Winn and Hughes down front. What do you guys think?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Honestly I like Kruger but I really like Avril more. If we could get both, that would be solid.

  • Paul Kruger would be a good start, we need some more linebackers. Kruger would be a starter I'd assume, so we'd have Kruger, DQ, Gocong and Sheard. With Rubin, Taylor and Winn and Hughes down front. What do you guys think?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @poeticg said:

    Paul Kruger would be a good start, we need some more linebackers. Kruger would be a starter I'd assume, so we'd have Kruger, DQ, Gocong and Sheard. With Rubin, Taylor and Winn and Hughes down front. What do you guys think?

    You are forgetting JMJ, Acho, Robertson and Fort.

    I think the question does have to be asked: if we are going to a 3-4, along with DQ will any of these holdover LBs fit the bill? Include Gocong because I am not sure his position is secure by any means. Not in my view.

    I also still see Sheard as a DE even in a 3-4.

    So, we all say we need a few LBs. Do we have many of them on hand?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Oh man, the anticipation is killing me! 4 O'clock can't come soon enough. I just hope that Kruger isn't THE BIG ONE. Yeah, he's decent but not a franchise changing type of player, I wouldn't call him a game changer in all due respect. We need a Premier cornerback or Safety or something like that. Kruger has a cool last name and the orchestra celebration after a sack is priceless but I need a little something MORE!

    How long to you think it will be after 4 hit until we sign our first player???

  • @poeticg said:

    Paul Kruger would be a good start, we need some more linebackers. Kruger would be a starter I'd assume, so we'd have Kruger, DQ, Gocong and Sheard. With Rubin, Taylor and Winn and Hughes down front. What do you guys think?

    You are forgetting JMJ, Acho, Robertson and Fort.

    I think the question does have to be asked: if we are going to a 3-4, along with DQ will any of these holdover LBs fit the bill? Include Gocong because I am not sure his position is secure by any means. Not in my view.

    I also still see Sheard as a DE even in a 3-4.

    So, we all say we need a few LBs. Do we have many of them on hand?

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @the-gipper said:

    You are forgetting JMJ, Acho, Robertson and Fort.

    Personally, I like Kaluka Miava more than any of these guys but that's not to take away from their potential... they just need developed.

  • M mdmusch wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I will be upset with Kruger over Avril, but honestly, I am just relieved the Browns are at least attempting with a Top 5 FA.... Let's go get Antoine Winfield, Keenan Lewis, Jared Cook, Donald Thomas, Greg Jones and Mike Devito as well.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    It's just refreshing to hear the browns at least are trying for the top guys in FA this year. I've learned quite quickly to not get my hopes up with the Browns though. If Kruger and Cook come along with a solid second CB (there's a bunch out there) I might actually believe in the Browns for once. But alas only time will tell.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #9

    The Browns in the past 10 years have been Retards in FA.

    Hopefully they nab Kruger, or Avril and a good CB. Experience is what the team needs as the Browns are extremely young across the board, but our youth is very raw talent...stress "talent". This FA period is certainly an indicator of what direction the Browns will go in the draft.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    let's go browns big day!!!!!

  • C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
    #11

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/kruger-will-strike-it-richf-in-cleveland/

    There were reports of close to 12 mil, so this would be good.

  • bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Kruger will strike it rich in Cleveland

    Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT

    Getty Images

    There’s another guy named Kruger who’ll be looking to donate some excess year-end money to the Human Fund.

    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Ravens linebacker Paul Kruger is expected to sign with the Browns after the league year begins. The contract is expected to be in the range of $8 million to $9 million per year.

    The Colts were also reportedly after Kruger.

    Maybe now he can afford a jersey that fits.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Uh oh ... you're in trouble. Cleveland Sound already started an "official" free agency thread.

    Zombo

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    8 to 9 mil is pretty reasonable.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by cdl15
    #15

    lol this thread ISN'T official or watered down.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    So far only black smoke is coming from Berea ...

    Zombo

  • bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Kruger will strike it rich in Cleveland

    Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT

    Getty Images

    There’s another guy named Kruger who’ll be looking to donate some excess year-end money to the Human Fund.

    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Ravens linebacker Paul Kruger is expected to sign with the Browns after the league year begins. The contract is expected to be in the range of $8 million to $9 million per year.

    The Colts were also reportedly after Kruger.

    Maybe now he can afford a jersey that fits.

  • bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
    #18

    so do we put the info here or in the pinned one? I am confussed......🙂

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Merged and unpinned ... I think that works best.

    Still black smoke...

    Zombo

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Sheard is an OLB, make no mistake. The DL rotation for next year is: Taylor/Rubin/Hughes, with Winn as the first off the bench. I don't want Avril - not good enough against the run. Abraham and Freeney are too old.

    I'm glad the Bears already signed Bennett -- they were our major competition for Jared Cook.