Browns Practice With Geno Smith
-
if we draft ANOTHER (MUTHERFUCKING) QB this year we will be proven to be the worse 'new' franchise in football history. last year geno smith wouldn't have been compared to brandon weeden's irregularly sized left nut hair and now people are saying he'll be taken before number 6???
DID EVERYONE ON THIS FUCKING PLANET JUST GO INSANE??????
fuck it let's trade our 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick to move up one spot to have buffalo trade up in front of us to take a guy that will be out of football in 2 years.
fucking morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not completely opposed to drafting a QB, but not before the 4th round. I don't understand why anyone would want to spend a first rounder on Smith, I don't get all this new infatuation.
I'm not completely opposed to drafting a QB, but not before the 4th round. I don't understand why anyone would want to spend a first rounder on Smith, I don't get all this new infatuation.
Again, it is desperation. The Bills and the Cardinals do not appear to have a capable NFL starting QB on their rosters, so whatever is out there that seems appealing comes up vastly overrated. Yea, last year Geno Smith might at best have been considered a 2d round pick. But because there is no Luck, RGIII, or even Tannehill and Weeden the best QB, even if he is mediocre gets a swift elevator ride to the top of the draft.
Also, no one, apparently, wants to miss out on the next Russell Wilson. Maybe that is who people think Geno Smith is.
-
I'm not completely opposed to drafting a QB, but not before the 4th round. I don't understand why anyone would want to spend a first rounder on Smith, I don't get all this new infatuation.
Again, it is desperation. The Bills and the Cardinals do not appear to have a capable NFL starting QB on their rosters, so whatever is out there that seems appealing comes up vastly overrated. Yea, last year Geno Smith might at best have been considered a 2d round pick. But because there is no Luck, RGIII, or even Tannehill and Weeden the best QB, even if he is mediocre gets a swift elevator ride to the top of the draft.
Also, no one, apparently, wants to miss out on the next Russell Wilson. Maybe that is who people think Geno Smith is.
Again, it is desperation. The Bills and the Cardinals do not appear to have a capable NFL starting QB on their rosters, so whatever is out there that seems appealing comes up vastly overrated. Yea, last year Geno Smith might at best have been considered a 2d round pick. But because there is no Luck, RGIII, or even Tannehill and Weeden the best QB, even if he is mediocre gets a swift elevator ride to the top of the draft.
Also, no one, apparently, wants to miss out on the next Russell Wilson. Maybe that is who people think Geno Smith is.
I seem to recall you saying that, outside of Luck, last year's QB draft class didn't compare to the class before. I also think Zombo quoted you on it recently.
That may have been someone else, however.
Either way, there seems to be a trend developing that believing the incoming class of rookies is never as great as the class before it.
-
Again, it is desperation. The Bills and the Cardinals do not appear to have a capable NFL starting QB on their rosters, so whatever is out there that seems appealing comes up vastly overrated. Yea, last year Geno Smith might at best have been considered a 2d round pick. But because there is no Luck, RGIII, or even Tannehill and Weeden the best QB, even if he is mediocre gets a swift elevator ride to the top of the draft.
Also, no one, apparently, wants to miss out on the next Russell Wilson. Maybe that is who people think Geno Smith is.
I seem to recall you saying that, outside of Luck, last year's QB draft class didn't compare to the class before. I also think Zombo quoted you on it recently.
That may have been someone else, however.
Either way, there seems to be a trend developing that believing the incoming class of rookies is never as great as the class before it.
I seem to recall you saying that, outside of Luck, last year's QB draft class didn't compare to the class before. I also think Zombo quoted you on it recently.
That may have been someone else, however.
Either way, there seems to be a trend developing that believing the incoming class of rookies is never as great as the class before it.
That may have been me. Until the end of last season NO ONE saw the pro potential of the likes of RGIII/Wilson, even Tannehill and Weeden.
It was generally considered that save Luck, the Newtons/Lockers/Gabberts/Ponders/Daltons/Kaepernicks/Mallets? etc. of the year before was of more quality.
Hell, for all we know that still may prove true.
-
I seem to recall you saying that, outside of Luck, last year's QB draft class didn't compare to the class before. I also think Zombo quoted you on it recently.
That may have been someone else, however.
Either way, there seems to be a trend developing that believing the incoming class of rookies is never as great as the class before it.
That may have been me. Until the end of last season NO ONE saw the pro potential of the likes of RGIII/Wilson, even Tannehill and Weeden.
It was generally considered that save Luck, the Newtons/Lockers/Gabberts/Ponders/Daltons/Kaepernicks/Mallets? etc. of the year before was of more quality.
Hell, for all we know that still may prove true.
That may have been me. Until the end of last season NO ONE saw the pro potential of the likes of RGIII/Wilson, even Tannehill and Weeden.
It was generally considered that save Luck, the Newtons/Lockers/Gabberts/Ponders/Daltons/Kaepernicks/Mallets? etc. of the year before was of more quality.
Hell, for all we know that still may prove true.
I can honestly say I saw the potential of Wilson, but I thought Tannehill would be terrible, RG3 would struggle and that Weeden would be fantastic.
As the NFL adopts more and more aspects from the college game, we'll see the rookie learning curve dwindle even further. More and more "system" players from the NCAA will find success in the NFL as the game evolves.
That's not saying we'll soon see 32 Case Keenum's playing on Sundays, but there's going to be more and more QB's taken that wouldn't have normally been drafted in previous years.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login