Lombardi's Record
-
I like him. I dig that he's into analytics because I'm a nerd for that stuff. Like that he has a clear sense of what's going on in the league today, what wins ballgames. Like that he's popular with his colleagues who say he's a good guy, easy to work with, first in and last out.
But for the record: Lombardi has basically never had final word. Al Davis decided who the Raiders drafted... and I believe it was Ernie Accorsi who was the Browns GM during those years?
For what it's worth, he has a lot of fans, obviously including Banner and Belicheck. Banners gives a lot of credit to Lombardi for building those Eagles teams.
Oh, listing Russell as a Lombardi pick has been shot down repeatedly, including by Pluto. He had zero involvement in that draft, was on his way out the door. And everybody who ran under a 4.4 was Al Davis' pick, including Fabian Washington.
I like him. I dig that he's into analytics because I'm a nerd for that stuff. Like that he has a clear sense of what's going on in the league today, what wins ballgames. Like that he's popular with his colleagues who say he's a good guy, easy to work with, first in and last out.
But for the record: Lombardi has basically never had final word. Al Davis decided who the Raiders drafted... and I believe it was Ernie Accorsi who was the Browns GM during those years?
For what it's worth, he has a lot of fans, obviously including Banner and Belicheck. Banners gives a lot of credit to Lombardi for building those Eagles teams.
Oh, listing Russell as a Lombardi pick has been shot down repeatedly, including by Pluto. He had zero involvement in that draft, was on his way out the door. And everybody who ran under a 4.4 was Al Davis' pick, including Fabian Washington.
As I pointed out, he had control of the draft....subject to the whims of Al Davis. It was not my intent to understate Davis's whims. Still, these guys stand as part of Lombardi's record...be it that he had final say or not.
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Don't be surprised if Shamarko Thomas is another NFL player who haunts Lombardi.
Thomas is the guy the Steelers took when they traded for the Browns' 4th round pick. Never trade with your bitter rivals and this could be a reason why.
Thomas is undersized but a human dynamo. He ran the fastest 40 at the Combine of any safety and he outbenched several well known linebackes, including Ziggy Ansah.
It won't surprise me at all if this kid becomes a really good player and plays like a second round draft choice, not a 4th. We all know he'll probably play his best games against the Browns. Thomas played strong safety in college but the Steelers are grooming him for the free safety role. It'll be interesting to see who has the better career, Thomas Gipson or the Browns.
Here's an article about Thomas:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/05/13/pittsburgh-steelers-draft-breaking-down-shamarko-thomas/
Can we have this post deleted? And any others where he brings up the DB in an inappropriate place in a thread?
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Don't be surprised if Shamarko Thomas is another NFL player who haunts Lombardi.
Thomas is the guy the Steelers took when they traded for the Browns' 4th round pick. Never trade with your bitter rivals and this could be a reason why.
Thomas is undersized but a human dynamo. He ran the fastest 40 at the Combine of any safety and he outbenched several well known linebackes, including Ziggy Ansah.
It won't surprise me at all if this kid becomes a really good player and plays like a second round draft choice, not a 4th. We all know he'll probably play his best games against the Browns. Thomas played strong safety in college but the Steelers are grooming him for the free safety role. It'll be interesting to see who has the better career, Thomas Gipson or the Browns.
Here's an article about Thomas:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/05/13/pittsburgh-steelers-draft-breaking-down-shamarko-thomas/
Can we have this post deleted? And any others where he brings up the DB in an inappropriate place in a thread?
Can we have this post deleted? And any others where he brings up the DB in an inappropriate place in a thread?
Gotta love how you, Zombo and your little band try to control content on this board. We see this kind of thing happening in China, Venezuela, Iran and other parts of the Middle East and it eventually fails or will fail.
BTW, the post I made is about Mike Lombardi, which this thread is about. Lombardi is the one who made the historically bad decision to trade with the Browns' fierecest rival and give them the opportunity to fill a need by drafting Shamarko Thomas, a guy who may haunt this franchise for many years to come.
Meanwhile, a lot of your posts have nothing to do with Browns football at all (although I don't care). But if you adere to hyour personal control standards, maybe you should be the one calling for your own posts to be deleted!
Also gotta love your little game of hacking in to my board name. I truly feel sorry for you and your silly and immature little hoard.
-
Can we have this post deleted? And any others where he brings up the DB in an inappropriate place in a thread?
Gotta love how you, Zombo and your little band try to control content on this board. We see this kind of thing happening in China, Venezuela, Iran and other parts of the Middle East and it eventually fails or will fail.
BTW, the post I made is about Mike Lombardi, which this thread is about. Lombardi is the one who made the historically bad decision to trade with the Browns' fierecest rival and give them the opportunity to fill a need by drafting Shamarko Thomas, a guy who may haunt this franchise for many years to come.
Meanwhile, a lot of your posts have nothing to do with Browns football at all (although I don't care). But if you adere to hyour personal control standards, maybe you should be the one calling for your own posts to be deleted!
Also gotta love your little game of hacking in to my board name. I truly feel sorry for you and your silly and immature little hoard.
SkepticalOne said:
Gotta love how you, Zombo and your little band try to control content on this board. We see this kind of thing happening in China, Venezuela, Iran and other parts of the Middle East and it eventually fails or will fail.
BTW, the post I made is about Mike Lombardi, which this thread is about. Lombardi is the one who made the historically bad decision to trade with the Browns' fierecest rival and give them the opportunity to fill a need by drafting Shamarko Thomas, a guy who may haunt this franchise for many years to come.
Meanwhile, a lot of your posts have nothing to do with Browns football at all (although I don't care). But if you adere to hyour personal control standards, maybe you should be the one calling for your own posts to be deleted!
Also gotta love your little game of hacking in to my board name. I truly feel sorry for you and your silly and immature little hoard.
Lets get this straight.....you can do anything you want.....but be boring.
And you have become the ultimate bore. The valid points you have to make, if any, are overwhelmed by the drone. You have become like fingernails on a blackboard.
I complained about your post because it had not one goddamn thing to do with the subject of the thread. This constant obsession of yours over the backfield, and your attempt to bring every single subject matter that is on this board back to that subject is why I complained.
What I cannot fathom is if anyone in your "real life" can stand to be around you if you are this neurotic and obsessed over a single subject.
So, why don't you talk some football,...or anything else (yes, I do talk about a lot that is not just Browns) without having every single post be about your obsession. Then maybe some of us will be able to tolerate you.
And FYI, I have nothing to do with your screen name. I am not an administrator of this board and have no control over anything other than what I type on here.
Talk to Z or Stan or Hoorta.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login