Skip to content

Article On Nfl.com: Weeden Most Improved Qb For 2013

The Browns Board
29 19 1.5k
  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #21

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

    Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".

  • http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

    Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @sez.ej said:

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

    Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".

    Just saw the Jaws report on ESPN. He did have a lot of nice things to say about Weeden, but only ranked him #26 of the starting qbs- mainly because of rookie mistakes.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I wonder how many of Weeden's mistakes resulted from the Shurmur systems in place?

    Shurmur had a hell of a time trying to get the plays in quickly enough. That's a very bad sign...

    My guess is, Weeden will begin to be very successful with people that really know what they're doing.

  • I wonder how many of Weeden's mistakes resulted from the Shurmur systems in place?

    Shurmur had a hell of a time trying to get the plays in quickly enough. That's a very bad sign...

    My guess is, Weeden will begin to be very successful with people that really know what they're doing.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wonder how many of Weeden's mistakes resulted from the Shurmur systems in place?

    Shurmur had a hell of a time trying to get the plays in quickly enough. That's a very bad sign...

    My guess is, Weeden will begin to be very successful with people that really know what they're doing.

    I'm onboard with you on that one, I believe all of Weeden's issues were a direct result of the system he was in, ex. calling a handoff to a TE that never carried the ball before. I am expecting a breakout season for our entire offense.

  • http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

    Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @sez.ej said:

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

    Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".

    To play devils advocate, I legitimately can't think of a time outside of Tim Tebow where Jaws doesn't say nice things about an NFL player. It seems like every person he talks about is good.

  • @sez.ej said:

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

    Jaworski has reviewed all the film on Weeds and believes he will be a "rock solid starter" in the NFL. I believe Jaws is a solid evaluator of mechanics etc.. Weeds just needs to improve on his reads and he's on the way. Said Weeds "showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket".

    To play devils advocate, I legitimately can't think of a time outside of Tim Tebow where Jaws doesn't say nice things about an NFL player. It seems like every person he talks about is good.

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jrb12711 said:

    To play devils advocate, I legitimately can't think of a time outside of Tim Tebow where Jaws doesn't say nice things about an NFL player. It seems like every person he talks about is good.

    And rightfully so. They're the best of the best. Supporting cast and systems make a big difference

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    out of all the 'espn' nfl analysists, i think jawaorski is the worse....followed up by gruden.

    couldn't give a flying fuck about what either of them say.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I'd want to get Dilfer, Mayock, and Cosell to sit down with that game tape. I'd listen to those three talk for like four hours, minimum. And I'd learn a lot.

  • I wonder how many of Weeden's mistakes resulted from the Shurmur systems in place?

    Shurmur had a hell of a time trying to get the plays in quickly enough. That's a very bad sign...

    My guess is, Weeden will begin to be very successful with people that really know what they're doing.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wonder how many of Weeden's mistakes resulted from the Shurmur systems in place?

    Shurmur had a hell of a time trying to get the plays in quickly enough. That's a very bad sign...

    My guess is, Weeden will begin to be very successful with people that really know what they're doing.

    Yeah. Players had to have ZERO confidence in a coaching staff that failed to get plays in quickly. That'll change dramatically!

    Mike