Skip to content

A.f.c.n. Roster Analysis, Offense

The Browns Board
21 10 888
  • @thenew23 said:

    I already posted once, but I have to take another look b/c our 6 divisional games are SOOOO important. We have to start winning them, and we need production in order to do it:

    QB - Hard to say. None of these guys are "elite" in my opinion. Sure Flacco has a ring and Ben has 2, but Ben, while he IS a good QB, is the product of having his team's D and Flacco got lucky last year. Dalton seems to have the lowest ceiling of the 4, but he has AJ Green. Weeden is a similar QB to Flacco in that they both have great arm strength, but can make dumb mistakes. Ben and Flacco get the nod b/c of experience and being less likely to make the mistake that costs their team the game. (2013 prediction: Flacco, Ben, Weeden, Dalton)

    RB - 2 elite backs in this division, one mediocre, and one rookie. This one is pretty easy. (2013 prediction: Richardson/Hardesty, Rice/Pierce, Bell/Redman, Green-Ellis/Bernard)

    WR - Another challenging position to evaluate. It seems the teams with the most talent at WR have the worst QBs, and vice versa. AJ Green IS the best in the division, and easily top 5 in the NFL. Ben lost his top guy. Flacco lost his "Mr. Reliable." Gordon is out 2 games... Evaluating the entire WR corps of these teams, from top to bottom, none are "great" but I can't argue with the top guy putting his team over the edge. The numbers might not end up showing it, b/c of QB play, but the talent is in this order. (2013 prediction: Bengals: AJ Green, Sanu, Hawkins; Browns: Gordon, Little, Bess; Ravens: Smith, Jones, others; Steelers: Brown, Sanders, others)

    TE - AFC North TEs scoring TDs is commonplace, especially in division games. Norv loves his TEs, but Dalton doesn't seem to find his. (2013 prediction: Ravens: Pitta, Dickson; Steelers: Miller, Spaeth; Browns: Cameron, Davis; Bengals: Gresham, Eifert)

    OLine - The true strength of this division, and what makes these games so good... the trenches!! All 4 teams have good run-blocking, but the Browns take the cake b/c of their excellent pass protection. Weeden should have all the time in the world to make it or break it. It looks like the Steelers plan to start Mike Adams at LT... enough said... (2013 prediction: Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers)

    Good analysis, a little homerish, but that's why we're here. I thought Gresham was a good tight end and Eifert a good draft pick, I'm a little baffled why you put them last ... they might be first.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Good analysis, a little homerish, but that's why we're here. I thought Gresham was a good tight end and Eifert a good draft pick, I'm a little baffled why you put them last ... they might be first.

    Zombo

    Yea, agree. I can't figure him out there.