Risers and Sliders
-
@shepwrite said:
It's the practice week. Ask any personnel guy.I'll stand by my opinion that Charlie Frye is one of the worst starting NFL quarterbacks I've ever seen. Ever. I can't even begin to tell you everything wrong with that annoying wigger.
I have to agree with you Shep. He was so bad. The Browns waisted a 4th round pick on him? It seems that what it was.
I saw during this past year that he had fallen to third on the Seahawks depth chart. I think his days are numbered.
-
@shepwrite said:
It's the practice week. Ask any personnel guy.I'll stand by my opinion that Charlie Frye is one of the worst starting NFL quarterbacks I've ever seen. Ever. I can't even begin to tell you everything wrong with that annoying wigger.
I have to agree with you Shep. He was so bad. The Browns waisted a 4th round pick on him? It seems that what it was.
I saw during this past year that he had fallen to third on the Seahawks depth chart. I think his days are numbered.
oldcow1945 said:
I have to agree with you Shep. He was so bad. The Browns waisted a 4th round pick on him? It seems that what it was.I saw during this past year that he had fallen to third on the Seahawks depth chart. I think his days are numbered.
Unfortunatley it was a third round pick....and because he "Rose" during this game! So instead of being a 6th round project....he was drafted by the Browns with third pick because of the senior bowl performance....but this game doesn't mean much....duh!
-
@shepwrite said:
Actually, that's not true, Solon. He was actually slated to go higher... by some as high as the Aaron Rodgers pick to Green Bay, 24th overall. He was a VERY popular projection to the Browns with the third pick in round 2. Phil Simms and one of the big writers (the fat guy at ESPN or SI) watched a ton of film on him and said he really wasn't going to cut it at the next level and he bounced a crazy number of passes short in college... and he shouldn't go before round 4 or 5.They were right.
It's no that the game is meaningless. It's just that the week ahead of it is seen as way more important. One game's performance can be about so many things.
Not before the senior bowl he wasn't....He was 5th at highest before senior bowl...you have your Opinion...I have mine. The actual competition in practice yes but the learning progression and Game performance is critical... in the Game especially. No way on god's green earth was Frye projected to go in top 3 rounds before the senior bowl. I've followed the draft gavel to gavel for 23+ years. He had residual MAC credence from Leftwich and pennington....but not in top 5 rounds until after senior bowl.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login