Hoyer out for season
-
Wow... all these pages and not a single conspiracy theory like, "paid the doctor to say 'torn ACL' since Hoyer was effing up the FO's tank-the-season plan."
I'm proud of you guys...On a more serious note... I wonder how much time passed before Brady rang up Brian to give him a morale boost?
sources, links?
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/browns-qb-hoyer-season-knee-injury-20471828
Weeden comes in and has a 95.4 passer rating after sitting bench because of injury and hoyer playing well.
Issue is not whether or not Wheezy can post a rating in a given game... he can. In 2012 his QR exceeded 90 in 4 games...and he had another 2 games in the 80's. It's the other games that are the issue... it's called consistency. And he has not shown that to date.
He's a cancer in the locker room. If we bring him in and don't committ to him any longer than this year, and the FO thinks he'll play nice and be better than Weeden, I'll trust their judgment. But I have very serious doubts.
You guys seriously want that locker room cancer from Tampa to come to Cleveland?
Blindly? No... but you talk to him and then decide. It's called "bad situation". It's called "2nd chance".
To be fair, literally since I've seen Jaws on ESPN the only QB he's said wasn't good was Tebow. I'm not kidding, it's like it's not in his DNA to say a QB is bad.
Agree to an extent... I have seen him say that QBs are "flawed" in this way or that... so if he's not saying that Freeman is flawed...
One of the beat reporters (Ridenour) believes this takes the chances of the Browns drafting a QB way up in the draft to a near certainty. The brass seems to have no confidence whatsoever in Weeden and won't really know anything about Hoyer by the time the draft rolls around. He only got those two starts and he'll be rehabbing in May... not enough to bank on.
Yup... could see that coming, but how "way up" depends on a lot of factors, e.g., success of surgery, who we sign, how Wheezy plays, etc.
But what if Weeden leads the team to the playoffs?
If Wheezy leads us to the playoffs...
If he does so continuing to look like he did leading us to victory Thursday nite...
... then I'll likely say about him what I said about DA after his one, great year...
TRADE HIM.
It's a dream scenario.
They need to construct a practice drill for Weeden. Have him line up under center with no other offensive linemen and three receivers who are covered man to man, have a LB line up off an imaginary tackle. After the snap, he counts to three and than rushes Weeden. Either weeden gets the pass off to an open receiver or he gets leveled. Keep doing it until he gets it in his head he needs to get rid of the ball even if it is to throw it away if no one is open.
LOL... but rather than the injury risk associated with the LB hitting him, perhaps electrodes on his ball sack...
We don't need "lights out" QB play with this team, just need first downs that lead to good field position and enough points to give our D a chance.
Yup... "game managing" QB... "First do no harm".
It's why I continue to think McCarron is a good fit. (Have I mentioned that before?
)Tyler Thigpen
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/04/report-browns-expected-to-meet-with-tyler-thigpen/
Pretty much confirms that Weeden is the guy the rest of the way
Picture in the article screams "NOOOOOoooooo"...
Ball kinda pointing the wrong way...
Not even Wheezy does that.
-
Who are these game managers winning championships? Or are Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers game-managing their way to the HOF? Kaep is anything but a game manager. Ditto for Go Deep Flacco.
Game managers? I'd say Alex Smith is the best in the biz at it over the past few years. Crazy high completion percentage (82.6 last year considering drops, #1). And he wins. Who else, though? And you have to factor in that Smith has fantastic wheels (much like Andrew Luck).
I kind felt like that was Brian Hoyer: Accurate passer with decent but not awesome arm... and good wheels. Not sure who that guy would be in this draft. Maybe Aaron Murray? Can he move?
-
You're looking for the X-factor with an arm or wheels?
I'm not telling you to bring in McCarron as our starter, but he could very well be an asset, and having a QB that can be accurate, make good decisions, and have sound fundamentals to have on your bench.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login