Skip to content

Cleveland Browns have two offers for Josh Gordon of a high pick and player, report says

The Browns Board
86 34 4.8k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #81

    Cincy is doing fine with the qb they have. They do have weapons. And the rbs. and the wr's...especially Green.

    Shep, I just want the Browns, now that they have a staff that will draft the right guy.....

    to draft the right guy where they think he should be drafted.

    It isn't WHERE the qb is drafted, as much as who they draft. Maybe the right qb for the Browns is the

    kid at Stanford. I personally think it might be Mariota. Maybe not. Maybe not even Bridgewater, definately not

    Boyd or Hundley, in my goofy opinion. And Manziel? I still say NO in capital letters that I can't use on this board.

    However, after watching Manziel play on a banged up shoulder, that kid is fast, tough as nails, has the fire to win,

    smart, and decisive. But, he does make mistakes, and off the field... I still don't think he's the guy, either.

    There isn't a Luck or Stafford in this draft. Bridgewater is very smart. But I don't see throwing

    several picks into the wind in a trade up to get him. Personally, I'm pretty keen on Sean Mannion,

    who will probly' stay in school.

    This is a very, very smart staff. They will know the guy that is perfect for them to draft, and if they

    trade up, it will be the right decision. Yes, chances are that the guy the Browns really want will also

    be wanted early on, and they may make that trade up. But for the eh...first time? ...it won't be

    just because some kid looked really good in college, and great on paper. Like Quinn and Weeden.

    The # of qb's being in the limelight lessens the huge trade up price, I think.

    Should be a fascinating draft next year.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #82

    gordon is not going anywhere. period

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #83

    That's about how I feel, Cal. I think Banner/Lombardi/Chud understand the NFL in 2013/14, unlike a brass that would trade up to draft a running back at #3 (ouch). I absolutely think they're set on getting a very serious quarterback in the draft and I don't think they'll shop in the discount aisle.

    Will they stay put at 8 because they like Manziel or Mettenberger? Or will they do whatever it takes to get Mariota or Bridgewater? As they say in Moonrise Kingdom, "Who's to say?" But my gut says Chud wants a guy who can move, turn a broken play into a first down once in a while. I think we're going to get real horny for Mariota with a plan to let him watch Hoyer for a little while. If a Brees-Rivers sitch develops, that's what's known as a White People Problem.

    Could change. Also might not be a possibility. Assuming Mariota comes out (he will), he and Bridgewater are top three with Clowney, almost a lock if they stay healthy.

    Mettenberger isn't mobile but he does have something Weeden lacks: He's accurate all over the field.

  • That's about how I feel, Cal. I think Banner/Lombardi/Chud understand the NFL in 2013/14, unlike a brass that would trade up to draft a running back at #3 (ouch). I absolutely think they're set on getting a very serious quarterback in the draft and I don't think they'll shop in the discount aisle.

    Will they stay put at 8 because they like Manziel or Mettenberger? Or will they do whatever it takes to get Mariota or Bridgewater? As they say in Moonrise Kingdom, "Who's to say?" But my gut says Chud wants a guy who can move, turn a broken play into a first down once in a while. I think we're going to get real horny for Mariota with a plan to let him watch Hoyer for a little while. If a Brees-Rivers sitch develops, that's what's known as a White People Problem.

    Could change. Also might not be a possibility. Assuming Mariota comes out (he will), he and Bridgewater are top three with Clowney, almost a lock if they stay healthy.

    Mettenberger isn't mobile but he does have something Weeden lacks: He's accurate all over the field.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @shep said:

    That's about how I feel, Cal. I think Banner/Lombardi/Chud understand the NFL in 2013/14, unlike a brass that would trade up to draft a running back at #3 (ouch). I absolutely think they're set on getting a very serious quarterback in the draft and I don't think they'll shop in the discount aisle.

    Will they stay put at 8 because they like Manziel or Mettenberger? Or will they do whatever it takes to get Mariota or Bridgewater? As they say in Moonrise Kingdom, "Who's to say?" But my gut says Chud wants a guy who can move, turn a broken play into a first down once in a while. I think we're going to get real horny for Mariota with a plan to let him watch Hoyer for a little while. If a Brees-Rivers sitch develops, that's what's known as a White People Problem.

    Could change. Also might not be a possibility. Assuming Mariota comes out (he will), he and Bridgewater are top three with Clowney, almost a lock if they stay healthy.

    Mettenberger isn't mobile but he does have something Weeden lacks: He's accurate all over the field.

    Okay, and I'll ask you again:

    What makes Mariota the best guy to turn a broken play into a big gain? He rarely faces pressure. He doesn't shake off hits and normally goes down at first contact. He doesn't stay behind the line of scrimmage once the play breaks down.

    I'm sorry, I just don't get your infatuation and you've yet to even attempt to prove me wrong on this points.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #85

    gordon is our #1 offensive threat....right behind willis mcgahee.

    but gordon is like our ONLY offensive threat along with cameron.

    why not spend the picks we would've used for a wr and pick up a 6'5" CB?

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #86