Skip to content

What's the word on Horton/Norv?

The Browns Board
26 17 1.1k
  • I could see Horton staying if McDaniels is in, which I'm actually fine with. Keep continuity somewhere.

    I just don't want McD to begin with.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #21

    @bbedward said:

    I could see Horton staying if McDaniels is in, which I'm actually fine with. Keep continuity somewhere.

    I just don't want McD to begin with.

    Then let us hope that McDaniels can rack up twice as many points in the first half so it would be harder for Horton to piss that lead away...

    WSS

  • @mark-o said:

    All depends on who the new head coach is and when he gets hired. I could see a guy like McDaniels keeping experienced guys on the staff.

    If McDaniels comes in, Turner is gone. They are two differing philosophies. Turner runs an Air Coryell based offense while McDaniels is rooted in an Erhardt-Perkins style offense. The terminology and principles are too different.

    McDaniels is too arrogant to let another coach run a different system. He'll want his system, with his guys, running his plays.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #22

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If McDaniels comes in, Turner is gone. They are two differing philosophies. Turner runs an Air Coryell based offense while McDaniels is rooted in an Erhardt-Perkins style offense. The terminology and principles are too different.

    McDaniels is too arrogant to let another coach run a different system. He'll want his system, with his guys, running his plays.

    Right now the "guy" running his plays is one Mr. Thomas Brady.

    Now, if McD can duplicate that package.....we should be all right. But can that be guaranteed?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Apparanantly Turner went after the Three Stooges in a coaches meeting, so I am sure he'll be heading back to his San Diego home sooner than later.

    Glad he stood up for his bud.

    http://www.brownsgab.com/2013/12/30/video-turner-ticked-off-after-firing-of-chudzinski/

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Good for Norv...

    Clip also gave a hint of what is in store for the search.

  • S Spectralcow wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I'm not surprised. Turner's job is in jeopardy now too, not necessarily because he did anything wrong, but because the new HC may bring in his own people. So, yeah, of course Norv is upset. If he cares about his own job at all, he would be. Horton will end up being upset too, if he's not named HC and he loses his position when the new guy comes in. This isn't really surprising to me.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I wasn't impressed by Turner. Let him move back to sunny San Diego.