Skip to content

Love This

The Browns Board
65 26 3.3k
  • when's the last time belichick picked in the top ten? but yet he continues to make it to championship games with people who just crawled out the Y.

    good coaching, good owner. can't hurt.

    @miktoxic said:

    when's the last time belichick picked in the top ten? but yet he continues to make it to championship games with people who just crawled out the Y.

    good coaching, good owner. can't hurt.

    And that little guy named Tom Brady.

    He made it to the AFC Chamiponship despite losing his top two receiving targets.

    Quarterbacks made WR's better.

  • Off topic but on the subject of "love this" how freakin awesome was John Fox in calling that rub play after Belichick had Edelman take out DRC Fox comes back on the next series and runs the same shit and has Welker flatten Talib.

    Then Belichick is in the presser bitching about how Welker should get fined ... was lmao love it.

  • LOL, TCPO. Yep, all we need us is a Tom Brady, then. Why didn't we think of that? We should have done this years ago. Now, let's see, where do we get us a Tom Brady....?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I doubt "haters" got to him. More like his PR person did.

    People are just pussies nowadays.

    People are pussies nowadays. But no sane person could say that Sherman had a good interview with Erin Andrews. You can be fired up without be a total douchebag.

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    People are pussies nowadays. But no sane person could say that Sherman had a good interview with Erin Andrews. You can be fired up without be a total douchebag.

    Exactly what I've been trying to say the whole time.

  • Gip, you're an overweight, old judge. Stick to things you know, like sitting in traffic court and being relatively unliked by most of society.

    I don't participate in your trivia because I give zero fucks about who served in the Navy in 1967 and also has the middle name "Herbert". That doesn't help me (or anybody else) win football games. All that does is assure everyone that you don't get laid.

    I am currently a coach. I am still a player. I also have my blog, which has gotten 10,000+ reads since I started it last month with absolutely no advertising help other than word of mouth. I also am a staff writer for another website, which gets 5x that viewership. I was offered an internship for the Atlanta Falcons based on some of the things I posted here I included in my resume. And I will be soon accepting a job with Fox Sports in Charlotte, North Carolina based on my extremely limited portfolio, which shows that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about.

    So yes, I do know more about football than you. I put my time into this. I spend my free time downloading and watching game film, not Googling what brand of underwear Fran Tarkenton wore in cold weather. I know the differences in terminology, scheme and overall philosophy between an Erhardt-Perkins offense and a Coryell offense. I know the actual reasons behind the phenomenal success of the Seahawks defense. These are the things I spend my time learning.

    I used to shit on Mike about writing for bleacherreport because I was jealous, but now I finally understand what it's like to be on his end of the spectrum. It's immeasurably frustrating putting your time and energy into something and then trying to hold conversation with people who are so adamant that their ill-advised opinions are more important or correct.

    Fans don't care about Bart Starr's Aunt Tilda. Sorry to break it to you.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Gip, you're an overweight, old judge. Stick to things you know, like sitting in traffic court and being relatively unliked by most of society.

    I don't participate in your trivia because I give zero fucks about who served in the Navy in 1967 and also has the middle name "Herbert". That doesn't help me (or anybody else) win football games. All that does is assure everyone that you don't get laid.

    I am currently a coach. I am still a player. I also have my blog, which has gotten 10,000+ reads since I started it last month with absolutely no advertising help other than word of mouth. I also am a staff writer for another website, which gets 5x that viewership. I was offered an internship for the Atlanta Falcons based on some of the things I posted here I included in my resume. And I will be soon accepting a job with Fox Sports in Charlotte, North Carolina based on my extremely limited portfolio, which shows that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about.

    So yes, I do know more about football than you. I put my time into this. I spend my free time downloading and watching game film, not Googling what brand of underwear Fran Tarkenton wore in cold weather. I know the differences in terminology, scheme and overall philosophy between an Erhardt-Perkins offense and a Coryell offense. I know the actual reasons behind the phenomenal success of the Seahawks defense. These are the things I spend my time learning.

    I used to shit on Mike about writing for bleacherreport because I was jealous, but now I finally understand what it's like to be on his end of the spectrum. It's immeasurably frustrating putting your time and energy into something and then trying to hold conversation with people who are so adamant that their ill-advised opinions are more important or correct.

    Fans don't care about Bart Starr's Aunt Tilda. Sorry to break it to you.

    Nothing says I'm important more than someone yelling I'm important on The Browns Board.