Pettine Said the Magic Words!
-
so does that mean we'll go back to the 4-3? cuz that's the way our talent lines up best to be on D?
so does that mean we'll go back to the 4-3? cuz that's the way our talent lines up best to be on D?
Certainly would seem that way. We shall see.
i like this hire a lot more than the chud hire for sure.
Pettine certainly came off "stronger" than Chud ever did, but time will tell.
There was one comment in the presser I thought was a bit odd. He was asked if he was given control and final say on players.
The exact comment concerned "final roster", which is different. The fact that he did not get it before accepting likely means that he ain't getting it. Also likely is that not having roster control was the deal breaker with other "candidates".
-
Formerly Sane said:
Or
Holy Rip Roanin F#@*, I am a head coach in the NFL! And I don't even give a s#*& that it's with the Browns!
Exactly. I'm going to let Banner and Lobotomy deal me a losing hand , tell me to make shineola out of shit, and fire me after a year. Hell I don't care, the Stooges gave me a guaranteed 4 year contract. What could be better than sitting on my ass for 3 years collecting a paycheck from Haslam for doing nothing? Hell, he's already paying 2 coaches this year for doing nothing, why not 3 next year?
-
Formerly Sane said:
Or
Holy Rip Roanin F#@*, I am a head coach in the NFL! And I don't even give a s#*& that it's with the Browns!
LOL...
Obviously giving up roster control was not desirable, but not a deal breaker... at least not for Pettine.
Was it because Pettine wanted desperately to be a HC? Even for the Browns? No doubt about it. But nothing I have seen of/ heard from him says he's just in it for the $$$.
He looks to me like a guy who cannot stand losing. So the only thing I can figure is that he feels he can win in spite of any roster decisions the FO makes that he might disagree with.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login