Skip to content

Browns are on the board.

The Browns Board
47 19 1.5k
  • Im afraid clowney and mr feetball will be gone by the time we draft....itll be bridgewater or bortles we will be "stuck' with.

    Id rather trade the pick to someone for their number 1 in 15 and 16 as pick someone who you don't really believe in.

    @jeffinwv said:

    Im afraid clowney and mr feetball will be gone by the time we draft....itll be bridgewater or bortles we will be "stuck' with.

    Id rather trade the pick to someone for their number 1 in 15 and 16 as pick someone who you don't really believe in.

    Why trade out when we need a QB. Every one of those qb's stock will fall and rise until draft day. The Texans will try and gauge what the top 5 teams want, and try to sell that they will take their pick. happens every year. We need top talent at a lot of positions. the only pick I would not want is Watkins, and its not because he is not a beast, its because we have a beast already. We can snag Odel Beckam late 1st, to complement Flash. So in a recap, take a damn qb, or bpa, no trade down talk. we have done it to many times and got shit from it.

  • @miktoxic said:

    clowney. rotate DE's. fresh legs. what's the problem?

    giants did it for years and won how many championships doing it?

    The same Giants quarterbacked by Eli Manning?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The same Giants quarterbacked by Eli Manning?

    LOL... Touche'...

    @roycerolls said:

    I have a feeling that the Texans want Clowney. Matt Schaub can make a comeback. He's from the same class as Phillip Rivers, and he had a few down years as well. With a new coach on the way in, it wouldn't surprise me if O'brien chose to roll with Schaub, I would.

    Want Clowney? Sure... but they already have their beast DE in JJ and a very serviceable Antonio Smith opposite him.

    I think Schaub is done in Houston. Things have been leading up to the team's total collapse in and Matt was the final straw.

    Right or wrong... I think they have to move on and Manziel (essentially a "regional pick") is a player that they will not pass up.

    Even their website agrees that JM is their guy...

    http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/VanderMock-10/1d7f8965-85fc-4255-9b50-d265ac9dfe0b

    ... and he has the Texans tabbing Dee Ford in Rnd 2...

  • I have NO interest whatsoever in trading up to get any one of these QBs. In my mind none of them have set themselves apart such that the Browns should invest vast resources in any one of them. We have the #4 pick......whoever is there, Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater as far as I am concerned take who is available.

    Because here is how I believe karma would work: We trade our two top picks to move up to #1 to take a QB....and that guy becomes an epic bust.

    But stay where we are, take who drops...and I believe that person will be OK.

    The Great and Poweful Oz has spoken.

  • How about Josh McCown for a year or 2 .....had success in Chicago ?

  • How about Josh McCown for a year or 2 .....had success in Chicago ?

    @darren15 said:

    How about Josh McCown for a year or 2 .....had success in Chicago ?

    Wouldn't hate it. He probably deserves to start somewhere next year.

    He's just not a very exciting young choice, but he'd be a good veteran in front of a younger guy.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The same Giants quarterbacked by Eli Manning?

    LOL... Touche'...

    @roycerolls said:

    I have a feeling that the Texans want Clowney. Matt Schaub can make a comeback. He's from the same class as Phillip Rivers, and he had a few down years as well. With a new coach on the way in, it wouldn't surprise me if O'brien chose to roll with Schaub, I would.

    Want Clowney? Sure... but they already have their beast DE in JJ and a very serviceable Antonio Smith opposite him.

    I think Schaub is done in Houston. Things have been leading up to the team's total collapse in and Matt was the final straw.

    Right or wrong... I think they have to move on and Manziel (essentially a "regional pick") is a player that they will not pass up.

    Even their website agrees that JM is their guy...

    http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/VanderMock-10/1d7f8965-85fc-4255-9b50-d265ac9dfe0b

    ... and he has the Texans tabbing Dee Ford in Rnd 2...

    @tour2ma said:

    Want Clowney? Sure... but they already have their beast DE in JJ and a very serviceable Antonio Smith opposite him.

    I think Schaub is done in Houston. Things have been leading up to the team's total collapse in and Matt was the final straw.

    Right or wrong... I think they have to move on and Manziel (essentially a "regional pick") is a player that they will not pass up.

    Even their website agrees that JM is their guy...

    http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/VanderMock-10/1d7f8965-85fc-4255-9b50-d265ac9dfe0b

    ... and he has the Texans tabbing Dee Ford in Rnd 2...

    Until I hear O'brien say they're looking for a QB I won't believe it. Everyone assumed Harbaugh's first order of business was getting rid of Alex Smith when he took over the 49ers, but he gave Smith another chance and got to the nfc championship game in his first season. NFL coaches tend to be pretty confident in their abilities to succeed where other regimes have failed and when you have a proven guy like Schaub you have to at least consider him being the QB for the upcoming season.

    I'm certainly no expert, but my gut tells me that the prospect of having JJ Watt and Clowney will draw some serious consideration in Houston.

  • How about Josh McCown for a year or 2 .....had success in Chicago ?

    @darren15 said:

    How about Josh McCown for a year or 2 .....had success in Chicago ?

    from my understanding McCown's success last year was largely considered to be the outcome of Marc Trestman's QB friendly system.

    Rich Gannon won the NFL MVP under Trestman and went from a 57.8 comp% before Trestman to a 66.8 comp% under Trestman.

    http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/inside-the-bears/marc-trestman-brings-impressiv/