Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
I certainly wouldve been i
25 Posts 15 Posters 1.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Of course so did Chud, Brady Quinn, Charlie Frye and Tim Couch. And I like all 4 of them. Just saying.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • tml1138 tml1138T
      • 745 Posts
      • 16 Reputation
      tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by tml1138
      #22

      Of course he has to have the skills to back that up...that's TBD...but it still needs to start with the fire and desire first.

      And the difference to me between the guys you mentioned and Pettine, is the attitude.

      They were: "Yay, I'm a Cleveland Brown, bring out the sunshine and rainbows."

      versus

      Pettine: "AFC North fb must be tough, with a damn strong defense. Now let's kill those black and gold motherfuckers."

      Nice to have staff & players who love the Browns as much as we do, but I'll take the second choice just the same.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Z Zombo

        @tour2ma said:

        Interesting... and I like the attitude...

        So do I ....

        1660901_530182280414322_967536890_n.jpg

        We loved Bernie because he wanted to play in Cleveland.

        This guys wanted the job. Bad.

        I'm loving it.

        Zombo

        --Seattle will be our bitch in two years.

        Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 30k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
        #23

        Zombo said:

        --Seattle will be our bitch in two years.

        LOL... Damn, Z... you have to be the most resilient motherfucker I have ever "met"...

        Here's the thing about Pettine's "ultimatim"... our FO's response to it of hiring him so flies in the face of all the "yes-man" speculation associated with the HC search, that I do not know what to believe anymore.

        Like I more or less said in a post yesterday...

        I have a feeling it's going to end up being really hard to hate this FO and ownership...

        ... but I think I can be OK with that.

        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • tml1138T tml1138

          @tour2ma said:

          Interesting... and I like the attitude...

          Here's an article, via a link from nfl.com, about Pettine backing out if Browns FO didn't make a decision quickly:

          http://www.wgr550.com/Pettine-was-close-to-pulling-out-from-Browns-searc/18242795

          And I agree, the fact that this guy wanted the job "badly", and wants to get the Browns toughened up...is exciting to say the least. Love the new attitude as reflected on that billboard pic.

          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 30k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
          #24

          @tml1138 said:

          Here's an article, via a link from nfl.com, about Pettine backing out if Browns FO didn't make a decision quickly:

          http://www.wgr550.com/Pettine-was-close-to-pulling-out-from-Browns-searc/18242795

          Thanks... good read...

          Made me like Pettine even more...

          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

            @clevfan4life said:

            what I don't know is...was Pettine going to be off the table if they waited till after the SB to hire a HC?

            The story is that Pettine gave them an ultimatum saying hire me now or I'm staying in Buffalo.

            Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
            • 24k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @badnewsbrowns said:

            The story is that Pettine gave them an ultimatum saying hire me now or I'm staying in Buffalo.

            than i understand their decision 100%

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate