Skip to content

the old "should athletes be role models" debate..

The Browns Board
25 16 748
  • Athletes are public figures...

    Like it or not, any fame they achieve makes them role models for some segment of the population.

    It's really not "debatable".

  • Every dad should be his sons role model. Any dad letting his son look up to Ndamakong Suh isnt doing his job properly. That being said, no player is above the law, or a "moral code", that all citizens are expected to follow. They know every little screw up is public news and makes his team/city look bad.

  • If athletes can't keep their shit-in-one-sock off the field then they can't do squat on the field'. i.e Hillis, Bess

  • I obviously don't want criminals playing for the Cleveland Browns...for obvious reasons. But I also want this whole "role model" thing to die. They're not and just because they're public figures doesn't make them so. Why is anybody making a big deal about that kid from Mizzou who's gay? I could care less if the entire Browns front 7 were gay. What people do on their own time is their own business. Lockerroom cancers are the one exception to that rule. I'm done expecting these guys to be anything but what they are..spoiled young millionaires. No more no less. It's too bad we age and decay as quickly as we do. I'd rather watch "men" in their 30's, 40's and 50's playing football than these stupid little shitbags fresh out of college. Somethings just been lost here.

  • If you're going to break the rules, the operative advice is;

    Don't get caught,

    Don't make me have to get you out of jail, and

    No bleeding.