Skip to content

Adhering to Seattle's plan

The Browns Board
23 13 1.0k
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @walterwhite said:

    Teams who try to imitate others games plans always lose and never succeed at it.

    Seattle hit the jackpot on so many mid-late round picks it would be nearly impossible to imitate.

    How about we build OUR OWN team and identity and have others follow that? Tired of being 2 steps behind.

    People that try to model after New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Seattle have always failed miserably.

    i will give you that hitting the jackpot as well as they did on lower round picks may be hard to duplicate. Having said that hopefully we have better scouting and do hit on them. Overall though I think the point of the post and Seattle model is to focus building a world class defense and OL ahead of attempting to draft / sign high power offensive "skill position" weapons. Seattle is not the first team that had success with that model simply the most recent and with a fresh SB win under their belt. The overall philosophy is solid in my opinion.

  • S Spectralcow wrote on last edited by
    #22

    It's been awhile (more than a week, I think) since I was on the boards. I want to applaud TCPO for putting this out there. It addresses a number of things that I think needed to be addressed on this forum, and I appreciate that. Thanks, TCPO. I'm sorry that it looks like a few people misunderstand what you were trying to say (or rather, not trying to say) with this.

  • @POG

    You're correct. Wilson's not that good. But that's the point.

    If I'm choosing between Peyton, Brady, Brees or any of the other 'pocket only', fragile QBs and Wilson, I'm choosing Wilson. To ignore the advantage of having some 'read/option, defense disruptor' plays in the offensive arsenal this day and time is shortsighted.

    In so far as emulating Seattle is concerned, it's not so much copying them as it is learning what their formula for success is and putting together pieces of the puzzle that best suits the Browns.

    It is clear that the QB position is just one of the puzzle pieces. Even if a early first round QB is taken it would be wise to let him marinate at least a season before throwing him on the fire.

    Edit:

    I think the 9ers could have beaten the Broncs. Besides, I'm tired of watching boring 'pass or run' football. I want a QB that has some play action skills and will truck 'em if he has to.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @remarker said:

    Besides, I'm tired of watching boring 'pass or run' football. I want a QB that has some play action skills and will truck 'em if he has to.

    well ok, just cuz you're bored we'll change the whole game for you.

    the seahawks ran one designed read option play in the super bowl ONE. wilson was good when the pocket broke down and was able to scramble to get the first.

    you think wilson, kaep and RG3 are the only guys that can do that?