Skip to content

Darren McFadden

The Browns Board
25 17 1.3k
  • Lol those guys couldnt win a big ten championship

  • Running back is one of a few positions in the NFL where a rookie can make a serious impact for a team and is currently devalued in terms of draft stock. I'd much rather spend a third or move into the late second and get one of the better backs in the draft than even toy with signing a guy like DMC who is hurt often.

    With that in mind, the draft should go something like this: Roby at 4, Shazier at 26, Carlos Hyde in the 2nd, Jack Mewhort in the 3rd, and Philly Brown in a later round. Sign Kenny Guitton undrafted and boom! browns are super bowls champs. It's too good a plan not to work.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Running back is one of a few positions in the NFL where a rookie can make a serious impact for a team and is currently devalued in terms of draft stock. I'd much rather spend a third or move into the late second and get one of the better backs in the draft than even toy with signing a guy like DMC who is hurt often.

    With that in mind, the draft should go something like this: Roby at 4, Shazier at 26, Carlos Hyde in the 2nd, Jack Mewhort in the 3rd, and Philly Brown in a later round. Sign Kenny Guitton undrafted and boom! browns are super bowls champs. It's too good a plan not to work.

    And sack Pettine and Farmer, let's get Urban Meyer in as coach/GM. Play Hoyer for a year until Miller declares and we can get him with our first rounder, and then we're superbowl bound!

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Running back is one of a few positions in the NFL where a rookie can make a serious impact for a team and is currently devalued in terms of draft stock. I'd much rather spend a third or move into the late second and get one of the better backs in the draft than even toy with signing a guy like DMC who is hurt often.

    With that in mind, the draft should go something like this: Roby at 4, Shazier at 26, Carlos Hyde in the 2nd, Jack Mewhort in the 3rd, and Philly Brown in a later round. Sign Kenny Guitton undrafted and boom! browns are super bowls champs. It's too good a plan not to work.

    And sack Pettine and Farmer, let's get Urban Meyer in as coach/GM. Play Hoyer for a year until Miller declares and we can get him with our first rounder, and then we're superbowl bound!

    @gftchris said:

    And sack Pettine and Farmer, let's get Urban Meyer in as coach/GM. Play Hoyer for a year until Miller declares and we can get him with our first rounder, and then we're superbowl bound!

    Finally someone gets it! And forget playing Hoyer for a year, let's trade for Terelle Pryor now. The QB competition would be one for the ages that's for sure.

    In all seriousness though, I do believe Hyde will be a good football player in the NFL. I wouldn't be upset at all if that's what the Browns decide.

  • @gftchris said:

    And sack Pettine and Farmer, let's get Urban Meyer in as coach/GM. Play Hoyer for a year until Miller declares and we can get him with our first rounder, and then we're superbowl bound!

    Finally someone gets it! And forget playing Hoyer for a year, let's trade for Terelle Pryor now. The QB competition would be one for the ages that's for sure.

    In all seriousness though, I do believe Hyde will be a good football player in the NFL. I wouldn't be upset at all if that's what the Browns decide.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Finally someone gets it! And forget playing Hoyer for a year, let's trade for Terelle Pryor now. The QB competition would be one for the ages that's for sure.

    In all seriousness though, I do believe Hyde will be a good football player in the NFL. I wouldn't be upset at all if that's what the Browns decide.

    I could get behind it for a third. I think we have other issues that cannot necessarily be addressed as easily as RB in the later rounds, so spending a second on a RB would be a waste, like taking Watkins at 4 - it'd be nice, sure, but it's a luxury pick.

  • This guy always "looked like Tarzan, played like Jane." You could see talent, but it wasn't sustained. However, this could be a very real possibility of what happens when you play for the Raiders. Now, I realize that playing for the Browns generally doesn't amount to much more, but I'd be interested to see what this guy could do in new surroundings, especially with the new zone blocking scheme. That being said, the guy I really want is Toby Gerhart, and I think we can get him cheaper and he has less mileage. But we need a RB... that McGahee experiment was the worst excuse for a running game that I've ever seen.