Skip to content

Press conference

The Browns Board
26 15 1.2k
  • @unsympathetic said:

    Whitner was terrible last year in coverage. I really don't understand the thinking here, Ward should have been re-signed.

    I liked Ward's passion & energy, but he wasn't very good in pass coverage. I don't think it's a huge loss, wish him well.

    @bob806 said:

    I liked Ward's passion & energy, but he wasn't very good in pass coverage. I don't think it's a huge loss, wish him well.

    Just seemed like no one ever noticed his "passion and energy" until he needed a new contract.

    He will go back to being a nobody, until his next contract year

  • @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Benjamin would get hit full speed by a linebacker or running back on one kickoff... And we would never hear from him again. Ever.

    That's why he's a punt returner

    @browns149 said:

    That's why he's a punt returner

    Exactly. We were talking about other options for kick returner.

  • presser not available anymore.

  • after they edit it they will put it up again.. most likely tomorrow.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Whitner was terrible last year in coverage. I really don't understand the thinking here, Ward should have been re-signed.

    I'm sure someone on here has a website with all the rankings, but Ward can't tackle and is slow in pass coverage. He never wraps up a ball carrier. and only had 1 good year and that was last year......... his contract year.

    Whitner has been an outstanding tackler his entire career

    @browns149 said:

    I'm sure someone on here has a website with all the rankings, but Ward can't tackle and is slow in pass coverage. He never wraps up a ball carrier. and only had 1 good year and that was last year......... his contract year.

    Whitner has been an outstanding tackler his entire career

    It depends on what you mean by "tackle". He's very effective for his size getting a ball carrier on the ground. Just ask Rob Gronkowski.

  • Resigning Ward would've been nice, but I think the Browns have got an equal to maybe better replacement in Whitner. This D could use some more people known for being hard hitters. (Even if it means today's NFL will fine you.)