Skip to content

Our future RB squad + FB

The Browns Board
23 12 1.1k
  • @mike-h said:

    Kyle isn't his daddy, but this article by Gagnon is a better reply than I can type right now.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700461-how-does-mike-shanahan-always-churn-out-rb-success

    Franchise backs need not apply. ZBS running backs need a specific skill-set that teams can find/and do find on Day 3 of the draft.

    Yep. Davis in Denver is a perfect example.

  • @mike-h said:

    Kyle isn't his daddy, but this article by Gagnon is a better reply than I can type right now.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700461-how-does-mike-shanahan-always-churn-out-rb-success

    Franchise backs need not apply. ZBS running backs need a specific skill-set that teams can find/and do find on Day 3 of the draft.

    Yep. Davis in Denver is a perfect example.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Yep. Davis in Denver is a perfect example.

    And if I'm going late round RB, again, Georgia Southern RB, Jerrick McKinnon.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    I think we need to give Tate a little more credit. He has played his heart out as a #2 rb. Last year he missed 2 games, and as a back up ran for 771 yrds. He also played with a really shitty QB, so yep there were like 9 in the box. Ya I think we should just write him off already. As said before we can get a rb in the 4th round or later. We have 7 picks in the 1st few rounds, we can not be using one high on a rb. We need other talent at other positions. We have Tate and Lewis and Baker. We have to get our qb and db and ILB and wr and g and a Fs and maybe a new center. There should not be a running back taken before that.

    If the new regime thought enough of Tate to say you're the franchise back, I think he gets a bigger contract. I know he's played through injuries. But the fact, remains, there is injury history. If Baker is still on the roster when camp starts, I'll be shocked. That means he outplayed the draft pick. And Lewis? Damaged goods at this point.Other than what we saw in a very brief preseason, we don't know what we have there either.

    And while I like Obi in spot duty, he's a liability catching and blocking.

    That's a lot of question marks. Almost as many as at quarterback. Again, all my opinion. And I'm obviously in the minority. Won't be the first time. Won't be the last.

    Love the idea of Sankey in the 3rd. (but in all likelihood, he's gone.)

    We all have a different vision of what is best for this, but at the end of day, we all want the same thing ...

    A winner.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    If the new regime thought enough of Tate to say you're the franchise back, I think he gets a bigger contract. I know he's played through injuries. But the fact, remains, there is injury history. If Baker is still on the roster when camp starts, I'll be shocked. That means he outplayed the draft pick. And Lewis? Damaged goods at this point.Other than what we saw in a very brief preseason, we don't know what we have there either.

    And while I like Obi in spot duty, he's a liability catching and blocking.

    That's a lot of question marks. Almost as many as at quarterback. Again, all my opinion. And I'm obviously in the minority. Won't be the first time. Won't be the last.

    Love the idea of Sankey in the 3rd. (but in all likelihood, he's gone.)

    We all have a different vision of what is best for this, but at the end of day, we all want the same thing ...

    A winner.

    I agree we need some good depth. I also think that the FO thinks he has franchise potential. Rbs are not what they used to be in the league, Chris Johnson and Trent made sure of that. Also your opinion is more then welcomed. I am just saying that if we were to look at injuries at one position, then we have to at all the others.

    Half of our D line and LBs missed games last year. Haden missed a game last year, he also missed 4 with using adderall, and also missed a game in 2011. My point being is that we have a shit ton of holes to fill still. As stated before, the zone scheme is a different breed of running attack. It took an undrafted Arian Foster to elite mode.