Skip to content

McShay does two rounds o' mock

The Browns Board
23 15 1.8k
  • I disagree that Schafer is all that good....he is OK..Smith is a huge upgrade...assuming he pans out....but we will just assume anybody we talk about pans out...we aren't throwing around names of guys who aren't at the top of all the lists.

    I do agree on our DBs...I don't have a real issue there...at least the corners.

    It just boils down to how we as fans view the draft.....some want it to address needs....some want the best players we can get.

  • I believe the #1 priority for this team is to get better at LB. And, I mean a hell of a lot better. But, Center is definately a position of need. Hadnot is a better center then guard and would be okay between Steinbach and Tucker, but he isn't the long term answer. We do need an upgrade from Fraley. Fraley is a great team player and great in the locker room, but his best days are gone.

    As far a DBs I don't think we are in very good shape. Holly is a FA. You know that signing a FA is a two way street, so it isn't a lock we keep him. Jones is a FA and I don't know if I want to keep him for what he wants paid. Worse comes to worse you can tag him for one year. Adams is a FA. Not really a starter but a good backup and also a very good special teams player. Cousins sucks and should have been let go about mid season. We never got to find out about Daniels. Seems he got caught up in the Savage vs RAC power struggle. I'd like to see him with a full preseason under him. He was a decent DB in Miami and can play corner or safety.

    We do need to sign Holly and get a 4th corner. We do need to address the safety position. You look at the successful 3-4 teams, they all have a very active, athletic, hard hitting SS.

  • I believe the #1 priority for this team is to get better at LB. And, I mean a hell of a lot better. But, Center is definately a position of need. Hadnot is a better center then guard and would be okay between Steinbach and Tucker, but he isn't the long term answer. We do need an upgrade from Fraley. Fraley is a great team player and great in the locker room, but his best days are gone.

    As far a DBs I don't think we are in very good shape. Holly is a FA. You know that signing a FA is a two way street, so it isn't a lock we keep him. Jones is a FA and I don't know if I want to keep him for what he wants paid. Worse comes to worse you can tag him for one year. Adams is a FA. Not really a starter but a good backup and also a very good special teams player. Cousins sucks and should have been let go about mid season. We never got to find out about Daniels. Seems he got caught up in the Savage vs RAC power struggle. I'd like to see him with a full preseason under him. He was a decent DB in Miami and can play corner or safety.

    We do need to sign Holly and get a 4th corner. We do need to address the safety position. You look at the successful 3-4 teams, they all have a very active, athletic, hard hitting SS.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    I believe the #1 priority for this team is to get better at LB. And, I mean a hell of a lot better. But, Center is definately a position of need. Hadnot is a better center then guard and would be okay between Steinbach and Tucker, but he isn't the long term answer. We do need an upgrade from Fraley. Fraley is a great team player and great in the locker room, but his best days are gone.

    As far a DBs I don't think we are in very good shape. Holly is a FA. You know that signing a FA is a two way street, so it isn't a lock we keep him. Jones is a FA and I don't know if I want to keep him for what he wants paid. Worse comes to worse you can tag him for one year. Adams is a FA. Not really a starter but a good backup and also a very good special teams player. Cousins sucks and should have been let go about mid season. We never got to find out about Daniels. Seems he got caught up in the Savage vs RAC power struggle. I'd like to see him with a full preseason under him. He was a decent DB in Miami and can play corner or safety.

    We do need to sign Holly and get a 4th corner. We do need to address the safety position. You look at the successful 3-4 teams, they all have a very active, athletic, hard hitting SS.

    LB should be our first priority, and mangini and kokinis know that. kokinis was in baltimore, so he knows what good LBs do for a team, and mangini's run a 3-4 for years, so he, too, knows the importance of having good linebackers. to me, the only question is whether they'll go ILB or OLB, which will be an interesting dilemma.

    hadnot could be a stopgap if we don't address center this year. he's a better run blocker than pass blocker, which will mean he'll likely be able to take on NTs in the run game but will need help when we pass, not good for dealing with edge rushers and especially deadly against the zone blitz. however, was fraley anything but a liability in either phase of the game last year?

    we didn't cut holly after his injury, which i think we could have, so keeping him on the roster was a show of good faith on our part. with savage gone, it's more up to the new FO whether or not they even pursue holly or make a play for another corner.

    we need to resign daniels and adams. daniels is versatile and never got a chance to show what he could do, so he'll liekly come cheap, and adams is a decent backup who performed to the best of his ability when forced into a starting role. he's certainly better than sorensen.

    everyone here agrees about cousin. dude needs to retire because he can't cover me, and i'm a 5'7" jew.

    last, we should tag jones for this year, let him play the year out and see how he does. if he sucks, we let him walk next year. if he's good, we tag him again and trade him. there are three incredible safety prospects in next year's draft, and from what alo's said, taylor mays is the worst of the three.