Skip to content

Our DB's could be solid unit.

The Browns Board
24 12 1.0k
  • "Our DB's could be solid unit."

    Certainly the apparent capability, depth and flexibility are greatly improved. Among our position units, on paper I think our DBs are only rivaled by our D-line collection. However, for now the D-line gets the nod for their on-field showing.

  • After watching the background bio on Desir, I really hope this kid breaks at least into the nickelback package. Someone on the team with this kind of motivation can positively affect everyone on the team. Maybe even become that key ST player that every great team needs.

  • After watching the background bio on Desir, I really hope this kid breaks at least into the nickelback package. Someone on the team with this kind of motivation can positively affect everyone on the team. Maybe even become that key ST player that every great team needs.

    @texasag1969 said:

    After watching the background bio on Desir, I really hope this kid breaks at least into the nickelback package. Someone on the team with this kind of motivation can positively affect everyone on the team. Maybe even become that key ST player that every great team needs.

    physically the kid is the prototypical FS. now whether he has the speed, the intuitiveness and the rest of the on field acumen to contribute at any position remains to be seen.

    i'm rooting for him like the rest of the rookies.

  • @miktoxic said:

    yeah the second and third pick really fucked up our chances at getting a legit WR.

    lol.

    3 outta six on D. right down the middle don't you think?

    I was speaking to passing on Sammy Watkins. And i didnt think about it at the time, but cleveland actually got less for this trade than they did for the Julio Jones trade.

    In my opinion, its easier to stop points than score them. But your right, they had MANY other opportunities to take receivers and didnt. But I did like the Manziel pick, and I liked the Bitiono pick.

    @scdawg82 said:

    In my opinion, its easier to stop points than score them. But your right, they had MANY other opportunities to take receivers and didnt. But I did like the Manziel pick, and I liked the Bitiono pick.

    I agree with that point, but our 3rd down & long defense has been horrible for several seasons, most notably last season. I was hoping for Watkins, but as time has passed by I think the Gilbert pick was the way to go.

    Our D should be vastly improved on the edges, and will no doubt help the pass rush. Now, if we can score points, look out AFC.