Skip to content

New Deal for Hoyer?

The Browns Board
45 19 2.3k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    Well, to be fair this is the same guy who was directly quoted as saying Weeden would be a "rock-solid starter in the NFL". He also coincidentally had him at 26 last year.. I

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/71973/jaws-qb-countdown-weeden-at-no-26

    He sure nailed that one........

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He sure nailed that one........

    You know, Jaws obviously has forgotten more about football than I know. It seems though the guy can't hardly ever say bad things about QB's. The guy rarely, if ever, says someone is just not good. I mean just watching the QB countdown this year he sounds like a father talking to his kids. It's stuff like "Even though Ryan Fitzpatrick throws a million Int's, fumbles all the time, and can't read defenses it doesn't mean he isn't trying out there. I think with a better coach and more starts he could be good." It might just be his personality, but everything he says has a positive spin on it. It just sets him up to look bad.

  • @tour2ma said:

    "Jaws" is doing his bottom-to-top, QB ranking of the league's starters on NFL Live. Here are his comments:

    "Number 26 on my Quarterback Big Board is Brian Hoyer. I have always liked Hoyer. I believe he can be a quality starter. He has a better arm than many think.

    "Hoyer is a comfortable pocket QB. As that touchdown showed he understands Safety rotations and how to manipulate the secondary to take advantage of one-on-one match-ups on the outside. Hoyer plays with a natural sense of rhythm and timing that often can't be taught.

    "What he lacks is experience despite being in the league five years. He got the opportunity to start last season leading a come from behind victory on the road. Hoyer followed that with an efficient, mistake-free performance in a dominating win against the Bengals.

    "New Head Coach, Mike Pettine, has made it clear it would take a lot to beat out Hoyer. And he's right."

    Well, to be fair this is the same guy who was directly quoted as saying Weeden would be a "rock-solid starter in the NFL". He also coincidentally had him at 26 last year.. I

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/71973/jaws-qb-countdown-weeden-at-no-26

    @jrb12711 said:

    Well, to be fair this is the same guy who was directly quoted as saying Weeden would be a "rock-solid starter in the NFL". He also coincidentally had him at 26 last year..

    Ouch... 😉

    @jrb12711 said:

    You know, Jaws obviously has forgotten more about football than I know. It seems though the guy can't hardly ever say bad things about QB's. The guy rarely, if ever, says someone is just not good.

    Agree, his break downs are good, but in the past he has tended to go easy. However, in this year's count-up, he has not sugar-coated his critiques quite as much. Still a long way form brutal, but you can tell he is being critical. So when the only negative he could lay on BH was "inexperience"...

    Just laid RG3 in the #21 slot and Bradford in the 22 last nite... In Bradford's case he called 2014 a make or break year.

  • Does anyone have links to his actual work? All I can find is second/third hand stuff.

  • I think it is posted after the complete list has been broadcast.

    Shouldn't be long now as they jumped from 21 and 22 Thursday to 12 and 11 on Friday... not sure what was up with that.