Skip to content

Pettine needs to just zip it

The Browns Board
27 16 1.4k
  • Just look at the time of posession, our D was terrible.

  • The D is right behind "general organization" as my biggest disappointment.

  • While my pitchfork and torch are still in the garage, I have to admit that I am extremely disappointed in the way the Browns "look". I bought into all this "Play Like A Brown" stuff, but didn't realize that meant to play like a community college team.

    @d-bone said:

    While my pitchfork and torch are still in the garage, I have to admit that I am extremely disappointed in the way the Browns "look". I bought into all this "Play Like A Brown" stuff, but didn't realize that meant to play like a community college team.

    My previous rant about player responsibility notwithstanding, yeah, I'm disappointed with how we "look".

    Before the Lions game I said the two things I was most looking for were organization and discipline.

    So far, both are fails. The attention to detail is not there.

  • @d-bone said:

    No way. It's beyond refreshing to have a coach who has the balls to give an answer when he is asked a question. Bill's monotone, robot like responses are shit for the NE fans. Pettine is doing a fine job, especially juggling the "high profile" owners' draft pick that was bestowed upon him.

    Bill also appears to know what he's doing

    @comeonman said:

    Bill also appears to know what he's doing

    BBs best thing he has done as a coach is to say: " Here Tom, you play Quarterback."

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    If Pettine wants any chance of success in Cleveland, he needs to apply conventional logic to every decision he makes. So far he has done utterly stupid things like:

    1. Alternating Brian Backup and Johnny Playground in practice thereby keeping the offense out of sync.

    How else do you suggest he handle the necessity of choosing a starting QB? Alternate each play? Consult the Oracle of Delphi?

    Really, how else should it be done? Rock paper scissors?

    2. Playing Smoke Gordon when "all odds" are that he will not be with the team thereby robbing reps from a player who will be there and keeping the offense out of sync.

    I would watch the whole smoke thing all things considered. On the test for post Gordon tested for second hand smoke. Your boys reading said "Cheech and Chong"....which, of course their new nicknames are. Besides, FYI, Gordon did not play Saturday...just as you suggest.

    3. He has the talent that "is" there underachieving nicely!

    Unfortunatly, all too true.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    The reason pre-season doesn't worry people is because the starters don't play the entire game so that bad first half followed by that comeback second half never happens.......you never really know what the outcome would have been. BUT.......guys consistently missing tackles, dropping passes, missing wide open receivers, failing to cover opposing WR's, ............that all matters and it typically carries over.

    Yes, those are all concerns.

  • what a bunch of bitches.

    i'm glad ya'll are ready to fire the guy after 3 preseason games.

    id-de-ots.