Skip to content

This Offense Really Sucks

The Browns Board
43 29 2.6k
  • i'm tired of this rookie ring around the rosie QB shit. FOs nowadays seem to be befuddled and can't pick a QB in the draft to save their lives. sure you got the can't misses but what does that garner 1 or 2 starters per draft?

    i say quit fucking around and get a low mileage vet that has played whole seasons on championship caliber teams and has played against championship caliber defenses.

    alex smith anyone?

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm tired of this rookie ring around the rosie QB shit. FOs nowadays seem to be befuddled and can't pick a QB in the draft to save their lives. sure you got the can't misses but what does that garner 1 or 2 starters per draft?

    i say quit fucking around and get a low mileage vet that has played whole seasons on championship caliber teams and has played against championship caliber defenses.

    alex smith anyone?

    Rex Grossman? Sure he has some miles on em but since most have been on a bench I would assume they are highway miles...

    I am always in the camp that says give a new offensive system a couple years to settle in. That goes for Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel.

    WSS

  • Oh, woe is us! We've dropped 3 pre season games & the QBs aren't yet in the Hall of Fame. It's OVER! The season is LOST! The future is GONE! The sky is FALLING! Let's fire all the coaches, trade all the players, give up, & go cry in our beer somewhere. After all, the FO, Coaching Staff, & Team we all were excited about has FAILED after 3 pre season games!

    What a bunch of doom & gloom bullshit in this thread, & you call yourselves FANS? No wonder many Fans around the league think Browns' Fans are horrible...No one likes quitters & that's what many of us are beginning to sound like. Do some of you realize how damned stupid & ignorant you appear to be? After 3 fucking exhibition games?

    None of us know how these QBs will turn out based on what we have seen so far, & that goes for Bortles & Bridgewater too.

    Sorry folks, but I think this Team is heading the right way & I will NOT give up. Don't even MENTION you've waited too long...I'm a damn sight older than most of you, and I'm staying for the ride. I also am aware of many organizational changes through the years, but I think this one is resulting in a lot of positive things. Only time will tell, of course, & mistakes can & will be made, but last time I checked, I wasn't perfect either.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Sorry folks, but I think this Team is heading the right way & I will NOT give up. Don't even MENTION you've waited too long...I'm a damn sight older than most of you, and I'm staying for the ride. I also am aware of many organizational changes through the years, but I think this one is resulting in a lot of positive things. Only time will tell, of course, & mistakes can & will be made, but last time I checked, I wasn't perfect either.

    Mike

    Well said!.....and Im with you all the way!! Actually came to this site cause I was so excited about how the team was improving and couldnt wait to discuss....then, BAM!!!.....was slammed with a wall of whining, hating and a general losing mentality....

    Seems people think "The Browns" haven't changed and that Lerner is still running the ship.....YES, weve had lots of changes over the last 15 years, after having one solid organization for 35 years +......BUT, things are different now, as LERNER is gone.....people dont get that. They think "The Browns" are a just perpetual organization and it is not..........

    Think of the Indians and their history of poor front office choices and bad owners......Then think of Dick Jacobs showing up....what happened when he came in...and what happened when he left......and then compare HIM to Dolan,,,,,,

    THEN tell me a new owner can't totally change things around.......I think Haslam is our Jacobs

    We, the REAL lifelong fans, will have our moment soon enough....... I thought the FUN part about sports was actually CHEERING your team on, not tearing them down.......If it's all misery for you, then why be a fan at all???

    THIS is the year(I say that every year) we get better and start winning...............Go Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • @canton-mike said:

    Sorry folks, but I think this Team is heading the right way & I will NOT give up. Don't even MENTION you've waited too long...I'm a damn sight older than most of you, and I'm staying for the ride. I also am aware of many organizational changes through the years, but I think this one is resulting in a lot of positive things. Only time will tell, of course, & mistakes can & will be made, but last time I checked, I wasn't perfect either.

    Mike

    Well said!.....and Im with you all the way!! Actually came to this site cause I was so excited about how the team was improving and couldnt wait to discuss....then, BAM!!!.....was slammed with a wall of whining, hating and a general losing mentality....

    Seems people think "The Browns" haven't changed and that Lerner is still running the ship.....YES, weve had lots of changes over the last 15 years, after having one solid organization for 35 years +......BUT, things are different now, as LERNER is gone.....people dont get that. They think "The Browns" are a just perpetual organization and it is not..........

    Think of the Indians and their history of poor front office choices and bad owners......Then think of Dick Jacobs showing up....what happened when he came in...and what happened when he left......and then compare HIM to Dolan,,,,,,

    THEN tell me a new owner can't totally change things around.......I think Haslam is our Jacobs

    We, the REAL lifelong fans, will have our moment soon enough....... I thought the FUN part about sports was actually CHEERING your team on, not tearing them down.......If it's all misery for you, then why be a fan at all???

    THIS is the year(I say that every year) we get better and start winning...............Go Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    @mudfly said:

    Well said!.....and Im with you all the way!! Actually came to this site cause I was so excited about how the team was improving and couldnt wait to discuss....then, BAM!!!.....was slammed with a wall of whining, hating and a general losing mentality....

    Seems people think "The Browns" haven't changed and that Lerner is still running the ship.....YES, weve had lots of changes over the last 15 years, after having one solid organization for 35 years +......BUT, things are different now, as LERNER is gone.....people dont get that. They think "The Browns" are a just perpetual organization and it is not..........

    Think of the Indians and their history of poor front office choices and bad owners......Then think of Dick Jacobs showing up....what happened when he came in...and what happened when he left......and then compare HIM to Dolan,,,,,,

    THEN tell me a new owner can't totally change things around.......I think Haslam is our Jacobs

    We, the REAL lifelong fans, will have our moment soon enough....... I thought the FUN part about sports was actually CHEERING your team on, not tearing them down.......If it's all misery for you, then why be a fan at all???

    THIS is the year(I say that every year) we get better and start winning...............Go Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Great post. We need some positive energy instead of all this negative bullshit.