Skip to content

What are the teams biggest needs at this point?

The Browns Board
43 19 1.3k
  • Watching this OU - Texas game. Hicks for Texas would be a good late round get I believe. Injury from last year aside, he has a good nose for the ball and he's an Ohio kid.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Ur right about Monty except that's exactly how they've been using him. I think it's a shame he see's double teams on almost every down he plays. As far as Mugshot, dude he was beasting people last year. Our outside edge rush was AWFUL last year, the only pressure we got was up the middle and it was almost always him. Didn't always get a sack out of it but I bet he had more pressure's on QB's last year than anyone on the team.

    So as far as another OLB'er, what exactly are you looking for? You looking to replace what we have or what? Who's the guy in the NFL that you'd like to model your new OLB'er after?

    OLB? There's no one exact player I'd like to have cloned. I would however, like a player that models parts of his game after other great backers. I guess if I was forced to choose I would go Aldon Smith minus the mental issues.

    Justin Houston would be high on my list as well.

    @tour2ma said:

    Love the analysis, but don't see how the DE conclusion follows...

    Pretty simple. Armonty and Winn are both situational tweeners. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of upside/value to be had in their game(s). Do I consider either an every down player? No.

    Especially for what this coaching staff is asking their ends to be. Winn was a much more effective player under Jauron and even Horton. I would like an end that is capable of functioning naturally at that 290lb range who is adept at playing zero tech, the strength to hold up against the run, but can slide inside or even outside (on rare occasion) for pass rushing.

    Think similar to what the Bills envision Marcel Dareus or even Cam Heyward when he was at tOSU. A plus side SDE that can collapse the pocket.

    @tiamat63 said:

    OLB? There's no one exact player I'd like to have cloned. I would however, like a player that models parts of his game after other great backers. I guess if I was forced to choose I would go Aldon Smith minus the mental issues.

    Justin Houston would be high on my list as well.

    Pretty simple. Armonty and Winn are both situational tweeners. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of upside/value to be had in their game(s). Do I consider either an every down player? No.

    Especially for what this coaching staff is asking their ends to be. Winn was a much more effective player under Jauron and even Horton. I would like an end that is capable of functioning naturally at that 290lb range who is adept at playing zero tech, the strength to hold up against the run, but can slide inside or even outside (on rare occasion) for pass rushing.

    Think similar to what the Bills envision Marcel Dareus or even Cam Heyward when he was at tOSU. A plus side SDE that can collapse the pocket.

    Basically you want us to go get JJ Watt.... 😁

    That fucker is maybe the best defensive player I've ever seen in my life. That guy can play the 34 tech as good as Justin Smith but then he can slide outside and edge rush as good as anyone in the NFL. I never quite realized that till I watched the game with the Colts the other night. He went around the edge better than any of or our OLB'ers including Mingo. That fucker rolls around at 290 and looks almost as fast as Barkevious fucking Mingo going around the edge. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. He fights through double teams the whole game and still has the motor to go around the edge as good as anyone in the NFL deep into the 4th quarter. I'll say I did want them to draft Watt back when he came out because Shurm was going back to the 43 and Watt played 43 DE at Wisconsin. But I had no idea he'd be this good and this good at a different position.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Trust me, based on your interaction with me here, you wouldn't enjoy a forum where they talk about the good and bad of their team and they discuss reality. It's clear you are a Browns cheerleader and all you care about is the Browns winning to get back at the evil refs, NFL, Steelers, Ravens, etc, etc, etc, Stay here and flip your pom poms like a good cheerleader and hope your boyfriend scores a home run 😁

    I have reason to trust you? I do care about the Browns winning... you have that much right, but your reasons are all wrong.

    My interactions with you here have been primarily in defense of fellow Browns fans. I don't think you and I have yet had a serous football discussion. Mostly this is due to your withdrawal when you look foolish (your recent 4-3 comment) or your ignoring a topic altogether (Ben's non-called lateral vs. the Jags).

    If you ever want to have a real discussion... I'll be here.