Skip to content

Did I hear right on the radio that Kruger is out for Sunday?

The Browns Board
45 16 1.7k
  • @jafbf said:

    Yeah, I pretty much did not expect them to get this one anyway, and with all the hype I'm hearing from the Talking Heads and now these injuries . . .

    Kruger and Dansby are really the only players on D that have been playing well, so this will hurt.

    We will have Kitchen active for this game, maybe Hughes (injury?) as well.

    Also it looks like Martin will be active this game as well, he showed pretty well last week on the few plays he was in.

    Mingo is going to have increased play time as well if Kruger is out.

    Yeah, yeah, I'm giving Mingo another year before I call him a bust - second new System, second Coaching staff, and only second year in the League, plus they want him to put on more weight and play differently.

    Give him a chance.

    Dansby's been playing well? Our two ILB'ers are currently probably the worst or among the worst in the league.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @clevfan4life said:

    Dansby's been playing well? Our two ILB'ers are currently probably the worst or among the worst in the league.

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Dansby's been playing well? Our two ILB'ers are currently probably the worst or among the worst in the league.

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @jafbf said:

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    Ya, I just saw that too ... Taylor and Winn are OUT with Kruger(DNP) and Rubin(limited) questionable ... we are going to be thin on that front seven, hopefully they don't tire as the game goes along. Offense needs some long sustained drives to keep them fresh.

    Zombo

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #23

    So is Kruger for sure out? And now Rubin is questionable? Ok well wow...Rubin, Taylor and Winn are our 3 interior lineman. This isn't going to go well. How the hell are we this banged up? Hughes and the Bryant twins are going to have to have games of their lives this sunday. So is Sheard.

  • So is Kruger for sure out? And now Rubin is questionable? Ok well wow...Rubin, Taylor and Winn are our 3 interior lineman. This isn't going to go well. How the hell are we this banged up? Hughes and the Bryant twins are going to have to have games of their lives this sunday. So is Sheard.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @clevfan4life said:

    So is Kruger for sure out? And now Rubin is questionable? Ok well wow...Rubin, Taylor and Winn are our 3 interior lineman. This isn't going to go well. How the hell are we this banged up? Hughes and the Bryant twins are going to have to have games of their lives this sunday. So is Sheard.

    CB Gilbert thinks Haden may play (as mentioned in another thread).

    Kruger's Back has been changed to General Soreness, so there's a chance he may play.

    I believe Rubin was listed as Questionable.

    Still, we're pretty banged up.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    So is Kruger for sure out? And now Rubin is questionable? Ok well wow...Rubin, Taylor and Winn are our 3 interior lineman. This isn't going to go well. How the hell are we this banged up? Hughes and the Bryant twins are going to have to have games of their lives this sunday. So is Sheard.

    CB Gilbert thinks Haden may play (as mentioned in another thread).

    Kruger's Back has been changed to General Soreness, so there's a chance he may play.

    I believe Rubin was listed as Questionable.

    Still, we're pretty banged up.

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @jafbf said:

    Still, we're pretty banged up.

    Id say we are in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the league. We're 1/4 way through the schedule and haven't had a significant injury yet. KNOCK ON WOOD(I know I just did). So even tho I hate to see anyone hurting, I feel the Browns have been extremely blessed so far and these few minor bumps and bruises aren't anything to complain about or be surprised by.(again, compared to the rest of the league, we are a radiant vision of health). All our guys have minor 1-2 weeks type of injuries, which is best case. So dont sweat it too much. This is the NFL. We really are blessed so far.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Dansby's been playing well? Our two ILB'ers are currently probably the worst or among the worst in the league.

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Imo Dansby has been downgrade over DQ this season. Watching the Colts game last night DQ still looks faster and is in better positions to make tackles. That D line in Indy is good but it's not as good as ours so it's not that he has way better guys up front.

    @jafbf said:

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Dansby's been playing well? Our two ILB'ers are currently probably the worst or among the worst in the league.

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @jafbf said:

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    Haden is the most significant name on that list. We should be able to make up for Taylor and Winn being out. I'd assume their giving Rubin a day off to make sure he is healthy enough to play.

    We still have Hughes and Kitch who haven't even been active this year (as far as I remember). Kruger might play, but if he doesn't we'll see more A.Bryant and E.Martin in pass-rush scenarios and we'll utilize Robertson and Kirksey in coverage if need be. Could even open the door for Mingo to finally stand out...

    We have plenty of depth on D, which is nice. Plus, we're already ranked 31st with no injuries, so it can't really get worse by putting in a few new faces...

  • @jafbf said:

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    Haden is the most significant name on that list. We should be able to make up for Taylor and Winn being out. I'd assume their giving Rubin a day off to make sure he is healthy enough to play.

    We still have Hughes and Kitch who haven't even been active this year (as far as I remember). Kruger might play, but if he doesn't we'll see more A.Bryant and E.Martin in pass-rush scenarios and we'll utilize Robertson and Kirksey in coverage if need be. Could even open the door for Mingo to finally stand out...

    We have plenty of depth on D, which is nice. Plus, we're already ranked 31st with no injuries, so it can't really get worse by putting in a few new faces...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @thenew23 said:

    ... we're already ranked 31st with no injuries, so it can't really get worse by putting in a few new faces...

    Almost exactly what I wrote in my "This Week.." pick.

  • @jafbf said:

    Still, we're pretty banged up.

    Id say we are in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the league. We're 1/4 way through the schedule and haven't had a significant injury yet. KNOCK ON WOOD(I know I just did). So even tho I hate to see anyone hurting, I feel the Browns have been extremely blessed so far and these few minor bumps and bruises aren't anything to complain about or be surprised by.(again, compared to the rest of the league, we are a radiant vision of health). All our guys have minor 1-2 weeks type of injuries, which is best case. So dont sweat it too much. This is the NFL. We really are blessed so far.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
    #29

    @manzier said:

    Id say we are in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the league. We're 1/4 way through the schedule and haven't had a significant injury yet. KNOCK ON WOOD(I know I just did). So even tho I hate to see anyone hurting, I feel the Browns have been extremely blessed so far and these few minor bumps and bruises aren't anything to complain about or be surprised by.(again, compared to the rest of the league, we are a radiant vision of health). All our guys have minor 1-2 weeks type of injuries, which is best case. So dont sweat it too much. This is the NFL. We really are blessed so far.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/8678/browns-injury-situation-a-big-concern

    I'd say it's a pretty good concern, from the article :

    The defensive line situation: Three of the six on the active roster might not play, with two definitely out. The plan already was to have Ismaa’ily Kitchen and John Hughes active -- both have been inactive three of four games -- but if Rubin can’t play, the Browns might have to make a move so they have enough defensive linemen. That would probably involved Jacobbi McDaniel moving up from the practice squad.

    The significance: Pittsburgh has one of the best backs in the league in Le’veon Bell. In five games he’s second in the NFL in rushing (460 yards) and total yards from scrimmage (688). The Browns haven’t stopped the run with their starters; now the backups have to do it against an extremely talented player.

    Considering some were talking about trading some of our DL, our depth has thinned pretty quick.

    LB and DB situation isn't great either 🙁

  • So is Kruger for sure out? And now Rubin is questionable? Ok well wow...Rubin, Taylor and Winn are our 3 interior lineman. This isn't going to go well. How the hell are we this banged up? Hughes and the Bryant twins are going to have to have games of their lives this sunday. So is Sheard.

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @clevfan4life said:

    How the hell are we this banged up?

    I think it had to do with the Brawling going on in Tennessee after the "cheap shot".. Chippy game

  • Imo Dansby has been downgrade over DQ this season. Watching the Colts game last night DQ still looks faster and is in better positions to make tackles. That D line in Indy is good but it's not as good as ours so it's not that he has way better guys up front.

    @jafbf said:

    Of the Defensive players, the two I named are actually doing something.

    Perhaps not world beaters, but they're making some plays.

    Injury update - add Rubin to the list :

    Taylor - out

    Winn - Quad

    Haden - Hip ?

    Kruger - Back ?

    Rubin - Ankle ?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @clevfan4life said:

    Imo Dansby has been downgrade over DQ this season. Watching the Colts game last night DQ still looks faster and is in better positions to make tackles. That D line in Indy is good but it's not as good as ours so it's not that he has way better guys up front.

    BTW, totally disagree about Jackson. Yeah- in better position to make tackles 10 yards past the LOS. I've seen that act way too many times.

    RE: injuries- The only ones definitely out are Winn and Taylor. Rubin isn't even listed on the injury report?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Imo Dansby has been downgrade over DQ this season. Watching the Colts game last night DQ still looks faster and is in better positions to make tackles. That D line in Indy is good but it's not as good as ours so it's not that he has way better guys up front.

    BTW, totally disagree about Jackson. Yeah- in better position to make tackles 10 yards past the LOS. I've seen that act way too many times.

    RE: injuries- The only ones definitely out are Winn and Taylor. Rubin isn't even listed on the injury report?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @hoorta said:

    BTW, totally disagree about Jackson. Yeah- in better position to make tackles 10 yards past the LOS. I've seen that act way too many times.

    RE: injuries- The only ones definitely out are Winn and Taylor. Rubin isn't even listed on the injury report?

    To me, Dansby is a huge upgrade over Jackson.....he can do so much more, it's not even close......no way would I go back and undo that exchange

  • @hoorta said:

    BTW, totally disagree about Jackson. Yeah- in better position to make tackles 10 yards past the LOS. I've seen that act way too many times.

    RE: injuries- The only ones definitely out are Winn and Taylor. Rubin isn't even listed on the injury report?

    To me, Dansby is a huge upgrade over Jackson.....he can do so much more, it's not even close......no way would I go back and undo that exchange

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mudfly said:

    To me, Dansby is a huge upgrade over Jackson.....he can do so much more, it's not even close......no way would I go back and undo that exchange

    I think Dansby brings more attitude and what not, plays more aggresive. But DQ was always solid and smart for us.

    Different kinds of MLBs.

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Heard Kruger is warming up.

    No sign of Haden 🙁

  • Heard Kruger is warming up.

    No sign of Haden 🙁

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @jafbf said:

    Heard Kruger is warming up.

    No sign of Haden 🙁

    Won't matter if we have the return of Dixon and Minnie - if the front 4 can't apply some pressure.

  • @jafbf said:

    Heard Kruger is warming up.

    No sign of Haden 🙁

    Won't matter if we have the return of Dixon and Minnie - if the front 4 can't apply some pressure.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tiamat63 said:

    Won't matter if we have the return of Dixon and Minnie - if the front 4 can't apply some pressure.

    Yes. I dont think it's about CB's....it's about pass rush....if Ben has a lot of time, he will connect....

    Terrence West is inactive....somethings up there....wonder what....pending trade?....on the shit list?....Winston gets a shot?.....

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Haden is a go

    Rubin is out

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @PatMcManamon: #Browns starting D-Line will be Desmond Bryant, Armonty Bryant and Ismaaily Kitchen.

  • @PatMcManamon: #Browns starting D-Line will be Desmond Bryant, Armonty Bryant and Ismaaily Kitchen.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @londonbrown said:

    @PatMcManamon: #Browns starting D-Line will be Desmond Bryant, Armonty Bryant and Ismaaily Kitchen.

    Im down and think they'll be fine....maybe some hungry players will work to our advantage,,,,

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Won't matter if we have the return of Dixon and Minnie - if the front 4 can't apply some pressure.

    Yes. I dont think it's about CB's....it's about pass rush....if Ben has a lot of time, he will connect....

    Terrence West is inactive....somethings up there....wonder what....pending trade?....on the shit list?....Winston gets a shot?.....

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @mudfly said:

    Yes. I dont think it's about CB's....it's about pass rush....if Ben has a lot of time, he will connect....

    Terrence West is inactive....somethings up there....wonder what....pending trade?....on the shit list?....Winston gets a shot?.....

    RB Glenn Winston is active.

    Winston is supposed to be even more imposing than the other RB's