Skip to content

Congrats on beating the Steelers take it easy on us this week!

The Browns Board
24 12 1.1k
  • There is more parody this year in the NFL than any year that I can remember, so while I like our chances in this game I wouldn't take this game lightly if I were Mike pettine.

    I disagree on jf learning on the bench. He didn't have a handle on the playbook early on and while you do need reps you also need to be a leader. A leader knows wtf is going on, clearly he didn't, now he is being humbled. Not sure he is there yet with the grab assing on the sidelines when we were getting killed by the titans.

    Plus he isn't getting traded, not even for a first. He has all of the intangibles to run this offense. Not unless he does something to hurt the team anyway.

    @erie-dawg said:

    There is more parody this year in the NFL than any year that I can remember, so while I like our chances in this game I wouldn't take this game lightly if I were Mike pettine.

    I disagree on jf learning on the bench. He didn't have a handle on the playbook early on and while you do need reps you also need to be a leader. A leader knows wtf is going on, clearly he didn't, now he is being humbled. Not sure he is there yet with the grab assing on the sidelines when we were getting killed by the titans.

    Plus he isn't getting traded, not even for a first. He has all of the intangibles to run this offense. Not unless he does something to hurt the team anyway.

    Can't take any game lightly in the NFL. It's not like college these teams can win any given Sunday.

    Also, I'd be happy if hoyer proves to be the guy well into his 30s. Too early to tell now, but manziel won't be a backup forever.

    If hoyers still the guy in a couple years, I don't see manziel sticking around in Cleveland but you never know.

  • There is more parody this year in the NFL than any year that I can remember, so while I like our chances in this game I wouldn't take this game lightly if I were Mike pettine.

    I disagree on jf learning on the bench. He didn't have a handle on the playbook early on and while you do need reps you also need to be a leader. A leader knows wtf is going on, clearly he didn't, now he is being humbled. Not sure he is there yet with the grab assing on the sidelines when we were getting killed by the titans.

    Plus he isn't getting traded, not even for a first. He has all of the intangibles to run this offense. Not unless he does something to hurt the team anyway.

    @erie-dawg said:

    There is more parody this year in the NFL than any year that I can remember, so while I like our chances in this game I wouldn't take this game lightly if I were Mike pettine.

    I disagree on jf learning on the bench. He didn't have a handle on the playbook early on and while you do need reps you also need to be a leader. A leader knows wtf is going on, clearly he didn't, now he is being humbled. Not sure he is there yet with the grab assing on the sidelines when we were getting killed by the titans.

    Plus he isn't getting traded, not even for a first. He has all of the intangibles to run this offense. Not unless he does something to hurt the team anyway.

    QB Tangibles? They are there... arm... agility... ball skills, but I'd argue that JM has none of the intangibles to run this offense... or any offense this side of college for that matter. Maturity... work ethic... just are not in evidence... yet. The "grab-assing" you cited was fucking embarrassing.

    My bench point was simply that there's more opportunity available there than the "name" implies. Whomever is sitting simply has to apply himself. If you say JM now knows the play book (an if in itself), something he clearly did not at the end of TC, then he has learned on the bench.

    Totally agree on the parity... I think we can count on Pettine to not get or let his team get complacent any week... especially in the face of mounting injuries. That said, it is a game we should win. It is not a game we cannot lose.

  • Jag4Life- I'm new to the area in Jacksonville and am planning on going to the game this weekend... any recommendations on where to eat, park, etc. before the game?

  • Hey any of you guys who were around since the AOL board, who was the Jaguars fan?

    I remember there was one who posted on the board quite a bit...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Hey any of you guys who were around since the AOL board, who was the Jaguars fan?

    I remember there was one who posted on the board quite a bit...

    WSS

    I remember him well, he always bit hard on "This Week in the AFC North". Really defended the bottlegate ref gaffe too. Can't remember his name right now ... I wanna say something Thompson? Maybe not.

    Zomboo