Skip to content

Who is the most important Free Agent we have to resign?

The Browns Board
26 18 1.1k
  • Cameron had 200 yards in the 2 games without JG last year, 700 in 14 games with him. So I'm not 100% sold on "he'll be great when Gordon's back" line of thinking.

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gftchris said:

    Cameron had 200 yards in the 2 games without JG last year, 700 in 14 games with him. So I'm not 100% sold on "he'll be great when Gordon's back" line of thinking.

    Me either. Plus he had about 1/2 of his yards/catches in the first 5 games. Then was fairly average the rest of the way. And this year he isn't exactly slaying it. Good, yes. Great, no. As I said before, I think he's a good receiver, but not the complete package for tight end. And Im not bashing him, just saying that he isn't the perennial pro bowl type player that some have suggested.

  • @gftchris said:

    Cameron had 200 yards in the 2 games without JG last year, 700 in 14 games with him. So I'm not 100% sold on "he'll be great when Gordon's back" line of thinking.

    Me either. Plus he had about 1/2 of his yards/catches in the first 5 games. Then was fairly average the rest of the way. And this year he isn't exactly slaying it. Good, yes. Great, no. As I said before, I think he's a good receiver, but not the complete package for tight end. And Im not bashing him, just saying that he isn't the perennial pro bowl type player that some have suggested.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @manzier said:

    Me either. Plus he had about 1/2 of his yards/catches in the first 5 games. Then was fairly average the rest of the way. And this year he isn't exactly slaying it. Good, yes. Great, no. As I said before, I think he's a good receiver, but not the complete package for tight end. And Im not bashing him, just saying that he isn't the perennial pro bowl type player that some have suggested.

    This is a very fair post and what i've felt all along with the guy. Solid player, fits a similar mold to a Dennis Pitta, Owen Daniels (prime years) type of guy. Solid, worth a reasonable contract.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #23

    Definitely:

    Gipson

    Kitchen

    Sheard

    Meh:

    Cameron

    Hoyer

    Rubin should be allowed to walk.. he's just not as athletic as he wants to be paid.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #24

    We need to keep the talent on this team and build chemistry and consistency, you don't win by gutting the team every 12 months. We need to keep the guys we have, who CAN play and build around them until we have a solid backup ready to take the reigns.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I agree.

    We do need to discuss the definition of play, however.

    For example, Cameron is NOWHERE near a top5 TE. They should let him walk if he actually thinks he deserves that much. He deserves Greg Olsen money: 5 yrs/23m.

    Thomas? Mack? Bitonio? Next yr's first round OL? Pay them whatever, because they're worth it.

  • L leebladedawg wrote on last edited by
    #26

    At this moment the only certainties for me would be Gipson and Sheard as we must bring them back, on a personal one I would like to see Austin back if he is cheap