***Official Browns Vs. Texans Game Day Thread***
-
Anyone who blames this loss on Hoyer is an idiot who did not watch the game OR knows NOTHING about football. If you want to blame Hoyer then you should never speak on this board again because you are an idiot.
It was a bad loss and there was plenty of blame to spread around.
You can either suck it up and do better, or fold and accept mediocrity. Lets see what they do before we start lighting the torches.
Bad game, everyone has them. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
Amen, but what's up with the funky cursive? Giving me 2nd grade nightmares.
The reaction to this game is the ticket. I like our chances, and it's not predicated on who is coming on. It's a football mentality, from the top down, and l like our chances.
Amen, but what's up with the funky cursive? Giving me 2nd grade nightmares.
The reaction to this game is the ticket. I like our chances, and it's not predicated on who is coming on. It's a football mentality, from the top down, and l like our chances.
I have no idea about the font...dumb ipad
-
I think a lot of you are missing a key point. Yes, the team didn't play very good today and to blame it all on Hoyer is not right. But guess what, an average NFL team is going to play below average quite a bit. Unless you are an elite team, you are going to have bad games. As solidly as Hoyer has performed this year, when the team plays bad he has no chance of bringing his team to victory. When everybody plays good like last week, Hoyer has less pressure and can make the right throws when he needs to. That is what you get with Hoyer. I think Johnny can win a few games by himself when the rest of the team is not playing well. If the line isn't blocking, maybe he gets away from pressure and gets first downs. If the running game isn't going, Johnny can be a running game by himself. If Hoyer isn't throwing accurate passes the game if over. If Johnny isn't throwing accurate passes (which I have seen maybe once) he can use his legs to get positive yards.
This isn't a knock on Hoyer. When we lose a game like this a lot of the blame should go on other players. But completing less than 50% of his passes isn't going to stop. He did it in college and he continues to do time after time. I can't argue with the record and if the team plays good 10+ games a year and plays good in the playoffs he will be here a long time. But something has to give with these periods of below average play from the team and from Hoyer.
I'm sure it was only my mistaken impression, but it seemed like every time I looked at our "D-line" pre-snap I saw only two hands on the ground... usually Des Bryant's and Winn's. Not sure how we stop the run if that impression is even remotely close to true.
Unless you are an elite team, you are going to have bad games.
You need to explain this to Denver...
Dansby hasn't plugged a single hole this whole season....but....we will miss his leadership at that position.
Yeah... going to miss his leadership and not his non-plugging, team-leading, 73 total tackles...
-
I'm sure it was only my mistaken impression, but it seemed like every time I looked at our "D-line" pre-snap I saw only two hands on the ground... usually Des Bryant's and Winn's. Not sure how we stop the run if that impression is even remotely close to true.
Unless you are an elite team, you are going to have bad games.
You need to explain this to Denver...
Dansby hasn't plugged a single hole this whole season....but....we will miss his leadership at that position.
Yeah... going to miss his leadership and not his non-plugging, team-leading, 73 total tackles...
-
And Indy, Seattle, Philly?, Detroit?, many more.
Every team has shown vulnerabilities, even the world beaters like Aaron Rodgers and NE.
Bad games meaning more than a couple. New England, Green Bay, and Denver might have 2 or 3 a season. I think the defense has played pretty good but the offense has played bad for at least 4 games and big stretches of others. Without the Mcfadden fumble or the blocked punt vs Tampa, Hoyer probably doesn't have a job anymore and we are 5-5 at best. In both of those games the offense was doing absolutetly nothing until the fumble and blocked punt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login