Skip to content

How many games would we have to lose before you bench Hoyer

The Browns Board
206 41 4.8k
  • Mentioned this last week, but just now remembered.

    Last week took a hit that nearly took his head off - I mentioned he may have gotten a Concussion from that hit, but would he risk reporting it?

    So, did he actually get concussed from that?

    Was he suffering some effects from it yesterday?

    I don't have the answer, but it's something else to think about.

    Really ugly game on so many levels, I'm just glad for the win.

  • Mentioned this last week, but just now remembered.

    Last week took a hit that nearly took his head off - I mentioned he may have gotten a Concussion from that hit, but would he risk reporting it?

    So, did he actually get concussed from that?

    Was he suffering some effects from it yesterday?

    I don't have the answer, but it's something else to think about.

    Really ugly game on so many levels, I'm just glad for the win.

    @jafbf said:

    Mentioned this last week, but just now remembered.

    Last week took a hit that nearly took his head off - I mentioned he may have gotten a Concussion from that hit, but would he risk reporting it?

    So, did he actually get concussed from that?

    Was he suffering some effects from it yesterday?

    Really ugly game on so many levels, I'm just glad for the win.

    Valid thought, though there's no reason to believe thats the case.

    If that were true, then wouldnt he be placing his personal objectives ahead of the team?

    And wouldn't that also be an admission that he's "afraid" to come out of a game??

    And IF he's afraid to come out, is it because he doesn't have confidence in himself or is it that he thinks JFF will do better?

    Disclaimer:(please comprehend) All hypothetical simply based upon the one scenario proposed.

  • @jafbf said:

    Mentioned this last week, but just now remembered.

    Last week took a hit that nearly took his head off - I mentioned he may have gotten a Concussion from that hit, but would he risk reporting it?

    So, did he actually get concussed from that?

    Was he suffering some effects from it yesterday?

    Really ugly game on so many levels, I'm just glad for the win.

    Valid thought, though there's no reason to believe thats the case.

    If that were true, then wouldnt he be placing his personal objectives ahead of the team?

    And wouldn't that also be an admission that he's "afraid" to come out of a game??

    And IF he's afraid to come out, is it because he doesn't have confidence in himself or is it that he thinks JFF will do better?

    Disclaimer:(please comprehend) All hypothetical simply based upon the one scenario proposed.

    @mudfly said:

    Valid thought, though there's no reason to believe thats the case.

    If that were true, then wouldnt he be placing his personal objectives ahead of the team?

    And wouldn't that also be an admission that he's "afraid" to come out of a game??

    And IF he's afraid to come out, is it because he doesn't have confidence in himself or is it that he thinks JFF will do better?

    Afraid or not, sadly, with all the hoopla and JFF banter bouncing around, I really don't think he want's to come out for any reason.

    I think the only way Hoyer comes off the field is by carrying him off.

  • @mudfly said:

    Valid thought, though there's no reason to believe thats the case.

    If that were true, then wouldnt he be placing his personal objectives ahead of the team?

    And wouldn't that also be an admission that he's "afraid" to come out of a game??

    And IF he's afraid to come out, is it because he doesn't have confidence in himself or is it that he thinks JFF will do better?

    Afraid or not, sadly, with all the hoopla and JFF banter bouncing around, I really don't think he want's to come out for any reason.

    I think the only way Hoyer comes off the field is by carrying him off.

    @jafbf said:

    Afraid or not, sadly, with all the hoopla and JFF banter bouncing around, I really don't think he want's to come out for any reason.

    I think the only way Hoyer comes off the field is by carrying him off.

    I agree. No doubt he doesn't want to come out. And he's a true competitor, which is reason enough. But.....

  • @jafbf said:

    Afraid or not, sadly, with all the hoopla and JFF banter bouncing around, I really don't think he want's to come out for any reason.

    I think the only way Hoyer comes off the field is by carrying him off.

    I agree. No doubt he doesn't want to come out. And he's a true competitor, which is reason enough. But.....

    @mudfly said:

    I agree. No doubt he doesn't want to come out. And he's a true competitor, which is reason enough. But.....

    Just look at last year.

    Weeden hurt his finger and would've lost the job for good had Hoyer not gotten injured in the Buffalo game.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    And if you really believed your love boy would be all that and a bag of nuts you would take the sure bet about he and Tebow and be happy to wait on the second one! Wouldn't you?

    Yes, there are concerns by many Browns fans that JTMZ could turn out like Tebow: an overhyped college start. Though nearly all scouts have said that Johnny is a much better passer.

    Tebow, of course, had one glorious moment. He was the NFL's "Kurgan". "It's better to burn out than to fade away".