Skip to content

Your 2015 Cleveland Browns

The Browns Board
58 30 3.1k
  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    If they could make it work without breaking the bank, He immediately becomes our best DL. Nobody on this team is even close to his talent. I would put up with a few of his stupid personal fouls to have that talent on the DL. I agree on the DO NOT BREAK THE BANK part. We will be losing a lot on the DL to FA this offseason.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #22

    You cant sign him without breaking the bank....he's already making franchise QB money and has said he wants more.....he will end up being the highest paid Defensive player ever and is nowhere worth THAT designation.....

    I hope we pass.....

  • You cant sign him without breaking the bank....he's already making franchise QB money and has said he wants more.....he will end up being the highest paid Defensive player ever and is nowhere worth THAT designation.....

    I hope we pass.....

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mudfly said:

    You cant sign him without breaking the bank....he's already making franchise QB money and has said he wants more.....he will end up being the highest paid Defensive player ever and is nowhere worth THAT designation.....

    I hope we pass.....

    then i agree PASS

  • You cant sign him without breaking the bank....he's already making franchise QB money and has said he wants more.....he will end up being the highest paid Defensive player ever and is nowhere worth THAT designation.....

    I hope we pass.....

    L Lambert_58 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mudfly said:

    You cant sign him without breaking the bank....he's already making franchise QB money and has said he wants more.....he will end up being the highest paid Defensive player ever and is nowhere worth THAT designation.....

    I hope we pass.....

    He needs that money to pay for all the fines he accumulates...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #25

    not for nothing...at this point i trust farmer in what ever he does to try and better this team.

    sign somebody, trade somebody, cut someone...........

    havn't had this kinda faith in the FO of this franchise in over 30 years.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Maybe Maurice Clarett is available, it seems True Browns fans love it when hometown guys are brought in.

  • not for nothing...at this point i trust farmer in what ever he does to try and better this team.

    sign somebody, trade somebody, cut someone...........

    havn't had this kinda faith in the FO of this franchise in over 30 years.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @miktoxic said:

    not for nothing...at this point i trust farmer in what ever he does to try and better this team.

    sign somebody, trade somebody, cut someone...........

    havn't had this kinda faith in the FO of this franchise in over 30 years.

    We're on the same page here for sure!

    Mike

  • P Pcollier19 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    With this year being pretty weak QB class, it may be ideal to build around Hoyer with Shaw as backup. Manziel seems like a cancer and we should deal him while he still has minimal value. Loved what I saw out of Shaw today considering his lack of line and offensive weapons. I really hope the rumors of Farmer being infatuated with Mariota aren't true because selling the farm for a rookie QB would be the Brownsiest move ever. Especially when we can get an elite WR and DT/DE with our first two picks.

    Not a lot of talent available as far as free agent QBs go. I like Jake Locker and believe he hasn't really been given a fair shot in Tennessee. He's injury prone but still young and could fit well in Shanny's system.

    Bryce Petty could be a nice third/fourth round pick. Good arm and size. Plus he can move out of the pocket when necessary.

    I dunno, it's a mess. But what do you guys think?

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Welcome to the board and nice post. I agree with your logic but I think Hoyer is gone. If we can keep Hoyer, I agree we keep Shaw as a backup and develop him. Manziel needs to go, he's poison.

    We need linemen and general play makers with the high picks, guys who can start day 1. I don't see any QB worth taking in our position. Best to get another young guy, hope we hit gold, and try to develop him.

  • W Why wrote on last edited by
    #30

    For the love of all things holy, draft some guys who can stop the run. All we need is a little more O-line help and a good receiver who can lay off the bong and we can put up some points with our run game and even a half intelligent QB. You can put your elite QB of choice on the field but if you can't stop the run it really doesn't matter cause your amazing QB won't see the field.

  • P Pcollier19 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Thanks and totally agree. Linemen and play makers have to be top priority. Preferably a tall receiver like DeVante Parker in the first. Especially with Gordon being an enormous question mark.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #32

    i think that question mark will become an exclamation point tomorrow.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point. Lets see what the off season holds. He is under contract now. He can hang in Berea as much as rules allow where last year he really couldn't outside of a contractual relationship.

    That said, if all the news is about him off in Vegas and he is nowhere to be seen in Berea, I will probably agree.

    On a side note, that doesn't mean we can't, won't, or shouldn't hear of news about him in Vegas or wherever else. He does get followed around. Part of that is his doing, but the larger part is because of the media. All I am saying is it is unrealistic to expect him to stay holed up in Cleveland all winter. We are all pround of Cleveland, but the place does suck pretty close to 6 months a year. Lot's of people with the ability or flexibility don't hang out there most of the winter months.

    If you don't have to, why would you want to?

  • i think that question mark will become an exclamation point tomorrow.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @miktoxic said:

    i think that question mark will become an exclamation point tomorrow.

    So when is the presser?

  • I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point. Lets see what the off season holds. He is under contract now. He can hang in Berea as much as rules allow where last year he really couldn't outside of a contractual relationship.

    That said, if all the news is about him off in Vegas and he is nowhere to be seen in Berea, I will probably agree.

    On a side note, that doesn't mean we can't, won't, or shouldn't hear of news about him in Vegas or wherever else. He does get followed around. Part of that is his doing, but the larger part is because of the media. All I am saying is it is unrealistic to expect him to stay holed up in Cleveland all winter. We are all pround of Cleveland, but the place does suck pretty close to 6 months a year. Lot's of people with the ability or flexibility don't hang out there most of the winter months.

    If you don't have to, why would you want to?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #35

    @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point.

    Thats a perspective thing, because all year long....and I mean ALL YEAR long Johnny and Josh have been the talk...everything about them and above the team....and they have not contributed one drop of positive anything.......so, yes, a cancer in some ways and definitely a massive distraction with very little positive return

  • I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point. Lets see what the off season holds. He is under contract now. He can hang in Berea as much as rules allow where last year he really couldn't outside of a contractual relationship.

    That said, if all the news is about him off in Vegas and he is nowhere to be seen in Berea, I will probably agree.

    On a side note, that doesn't mean we can't, won't, or shouldn't hear of news about him in Vegas or wherever else. He does get followed around. Part of that is his doing, but the larger part is because of the media. All I am saying is it is unrealistic to expect him to stay holed up in Cleveland all winter. We are all pround of Cleveland, but the place does suck pretty close to 6 months a year. Lot's of people with the ability or flexibility don't hang out there most of the winter months.

    If you don't have to, why would you want to?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point.

    Wow. We have two widely differing opinions on the definition of 'poison'.

  • W Why wrote on last edited by
    #37

    A guy who throws a party and invites at risk team mates the Friday before a division game is the definition of locker room cancer. I agree that JF didn't make the other guys' choices but as a rook who admitted to not taking his job seriously to turn around and pull this shit 3 days later is the definition of a locker room cancer. To have an UDFA rookie get pulled off the practice squad week 17 and look worlds better than you against equal if not better competition all while you're browsing tmz's Twitter feed is the definition of locker room cancer. I would imagine if I was a billionaire I wouldn't like being made a fool of . . . I'm wondering how 'ol jimmy is feeling right now . . . Not pleased I'm sure LOL

  • @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point.

    Wow. We have two widely differing opinions on the definition of 'poison'.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @d-bone said:

    Wow. We have two widely differing opinions on the definition of 'poison'.

    Johnny is poison, cancer, bad seed, idiot, immature, and anything else negative to a team. That and he doesn't have pro QB skills.

  • T Tiott wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I like Brett Hundley in the 3rd round.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    He's not an NFL caliber football player. He's a "Celebrity"! Throwing parties the night before practice and a road game proves he's nothing more than a kid with a big ego and a penchant for playing games. Hed be better off becoming a Game Show Host. Maybe when Pat Sajak retires, Johnny can spin the Wheel and BUY A CLUE.