Effing unbelievable
-
People don't seem to care so much about commitment vs reward. If the place you are studying and living is important, if the field of study is important and can't be done for less money, and if your target career is lucrative enough then its a good investment.
If it isn't, why bother?
On the other hand we've had it pounded into our heads that people with a college degree make x times more money. Quite possibly because people who go through the bother of attaining a college degree are more dedicated then those who glide.
WSS
That's exactly what I plan on telling my kids (if I ever end up having any). College is a scam, and a bachelor's degree is pretty much useless unless you're in engineering, accounting, or education.
That's exactly what I plan on telling my kids (if I ever end up having any). College is a scam, and a bachelor's degree is pretty much useless unless you're in engineering, accounting, or education.
That very well may be true....but I am also hoping that her marketing degree can fit on that list.
-
People don't seem to care so much about commitment vs reward. If the place you are studying and living is important, if the field of study is important and can't be done for less money, and if your target career is lucrative enough then its a good investment.
If it isn't, why bother?
On the other hand we've had it pounded into our heads that people with a college degree make x times more money. Quite possibly because people who go through the bother of attaining a college degree are more dedicated then those who glide.
WSS
That's exactly what I plan on telling my kids (if I ever end up having any). College is a scam, and a bachelor's degree is pretty much useless unless you're in engineering, accounting, or education.
Well there are certainly careers that might require a bachelor's degree but I see that degree as more of a test of will (or hazing process) than actual need for the information acquired. I remember when I went to college there were dozens of job ads on the bulletin board that said any degree. I don't see any reason for most teachers to have a degree beyond maybe and associates.That's exactly what I plan on telling my kids (if I ever end up having any). College is a scam, and a bachelor's degree is pretty much useless unless you're in engineering, accounting, or education.
And if you go into debt to get a degree in sociology, philosophy,music, art history or even theatre arts I don't want to hear you bitch that you're not making 6 figures a year.
WSS
-
Q. how do you spot a marketing major?
A. that's the guy in Taco Bell wearing a neck tie.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login