Skip to content

Trestman to Baltimore....

The Browns Board
26 18 1.1k
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #21

    JFF gonna come and wreck this league in 2015.

  • JFF gonna come and wreck this league in 2015.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    JFF gonna come and wreck this league in 2015.

    Top of the JFC North.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #23

    top of the morth to ya.

    it's firsty fursday (on a thursday).

    first we're firsty. then we're frisky.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Tom Brady and Bill Butticheat get frisky around each other's deflated balls...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Apparently correct that they didn't want him anyway.

    And yes, I still believe there are quality coaches out there to be had.

    You just have to uncover them. Every OC/DC/HC started out somewhere down the line.

    And the Browns will get a veteran QB to start next year.

    FA period is not open. They will get someone.

    I was concerned that they might get Trestman & he's another of those 70% pass play guys. NO thanks.

    A combination of DeFillippo And Cavanaugh would be fine with me. I just don't want one of these tired ol' farts (rhymes with Martz) that are MY age. Maybe in some type of consulting role, but not as coordinators.

    We'll see what happens & they also need a WR Coach. Any thoughts on that?

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @canton-mike said:

    I was concerned that they might get Trestman & he's another of those 70% pass play guys. NO thanks.

    A combination of DeFillippo And Cavanaugh would be fine with me. I just don't want one of these tired ol' farts (rhymes with Martz) that are MY age. Maybe in some type of consulting role, but not as coordinators.

    Agree, Mike. Upon further review I grew to think Trestman was not the guy for us... but him paired with Flacco is a bit scary. That said, Martz, would be a worse choice.

    No idea who will come our way to coach our WRs, but I hope Moeller sticks around for the OL and Montgomery for the RBs.

    @gftchris said:

    Another name that's come up is Anthony Lynn from the Jets. Apparently held in high regard, interviewed for their HC job (though maybe rooney rule?), been their RB coach for about 6 years and worked with Pettine when he was there. Interview scheduled for 'some time during shrine week' so we may hear something soon.

    Not only RB coach, but also Assistant HC... which seems kind of an odd arrangement.

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Trestman....I admit I was a little hopeful to get him as OC, but only for nostalgia's sake. He was a connection to the lost glory years of the 80's, so yeah...I wanted to see him come back. However...I can't be the only one here that remembers bitching constantly about his inept play calling back then, can I? Okay....he was young and inexperienced, but he sucked calling plays. I'm sure he improved over the years, but back then I couldn't wait to see him leave.