Skip to content

Survey Thursday...January 22

The Browns Board
35 13 1.1k
  • 9a6d53dc921fb3801f44fa21a63de6e94a9a454aLuxor obelisk

  • sagrada-familia.jpgLa Sagrada Familia

  • 1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?

    I believe he will light the offense's fire once and for all, and he WILL have a qb that will

    get the job done. Which, may not be on the roster. They made a mistake not getting him before,

    now they FIXED that mistake.

    2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?

    This is tough, I actually think it may be Cardale.

    3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)

    It's a big deal, because of spygate. You can't condone this going outside of the rules another time. They will

    get a fine, maybe draft pick... to show that the rules matter. But it's pretty much not a HUGE big deal.

    4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?

    The most interesting class was Freshman English, believe it or not - it was about the Monomyth, Joseph Campbell's

    brilliant work "Hero of a Thousand Faces", an expert analysis on the universal trends of elements of adventure in

    ancient mythology, all the way up to current day novels. I was fascinated, and did my term paper, all 38 pages,

    or was it 42..... "Parsifal's Quest for the Holy Grail and How it Relates to the Basic Monomythical Patterns

    In Literature". Oh yeah, I was INTO that term paper. And I got the first A++ he had ever given a student.

    And the damn thing was stolen, with all the other A and B papers out of his office, and I never had a copy.

    Well, we didn't have computers etc back then. Dammit.

    The other amazing class, was on the history of the Middle East. That was great.

    The "suckiest" class was Art Appreciation. The weirdo prof flashed pictures of paintings on the wall, and said who

    painted it, and the date. That's all. Every stupidass class. The midterm ? It was the same pics of paintings on the wall,

    but ...we....had to name the STYLE of each one. Which, he never talked about, or referred to, in class.

    "realism"..."cubism" ..."impressionism".... what a sick freak prof he was.

    5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)

    The truth? God's creations - the mountains, streams, rivers, trees, oceans... "Mother Earth" I love

    the real outdoors. And my wonderful cute Wifie loves tent camping and fishing.

    And, of course, God's other creation, referring to the two naked babes on the beach......

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:

    1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?

    2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?

    3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)

    4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?

    5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:

    1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?

    Hopefully. I think it's time the Browns find their own way rather than try the "safer" proven veteran route...been there done that.

    2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?

    Jones.

    3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)

    Much Ado to me. Particularly considering the lopsided win.

    4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?

    College music class. Was completely not what anyone expected and held my interest a lot for just a general elective course.

    5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)

    Don't know. I'm not that cultured in art forms. Lol. I know I've seen some artwork that I've loved but nothing so memborable that I can tell you off the top of my head.

  • I was in Bali last year, and for the last (about) 900 years, they've had their own form of hindu/buddhism, which puts emphasis on the small things you do daily to praise/worship, over large monuments of tribute. As such, they don't have very many large temples or anything like that. However, before then, it was a kingdom, and there were no such qualms about erecting big monuments, and so, tucked away in the north in some obscure place (down hundreds of steps in a random rice field and flanked by hawkers) - Puri Gunung Kawi - you have these 23' monuments - not huge, but by balinese standards, enormous. Quite surreal.

  • The truth? God's creations - the mountains, streams, rivers, trees, oceans... "Mother Earth" I love


    the real outdoors.



    I like this thinking.


  • I was in Bali last year, and for the last (about) 900 years, they've had their own form of hindu/buddhism, which puts emphasis on the small things you do daily to praise/worship, over large monuments of tribute. As such, they don't have very many large temples or anything like that. However, before then, it was a kingdom, and there were no such qualms about erecting big monuments, and so, tucked away in the north in some obscure place (down hundreds of steps in a random rice field and flanked by hawkers) - Puri Gunung Kawi - you have these 23' monuments - not huge, but by balinese standards, enormous. Quite surreal.

    @gftchris said:

    I was in Bali last year, and for the last (about) 900 years, they've had their own form of hindu/buddhism, which puts emphasis on the small things you do daily to praise/worship, over large monuments of tribute. As such, they don't have very many large temples or anything like that. However, before then, it was a kingdom, and there were no such qualms about erecting big monuments, and so, tucked away in the north in some obscure place (down hundreds of steps in a random rice field and flanked by hawkers) - Puri Gunung Kawi - you have these 23' monuments - not huge, but by balinese standards, enormous. Quite surreal.

    1920px-1_gunung_kawi_temple.jpg

  • Mount-Rushmore.jpg

  • Those of you who follow my facebook trivia know that this painting by Paul Cezanne sold for the most money in history, 274 million bucks:

    article-2096051-1194A3E2000005DC-662_634

  • Lincoln_Memorial_Twilight.jpg

  • Raquel-Welch-Nude-Photos-3.jpg

  • Gipper-thanks for posting several of the favorites. As our guide said on the tour of "David", "He has made up his mind exactly what he is going to do and is totally focused on Goliath as he begins to lift his left heel off the ground in his first step towards the giant."

  • 1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
    I honestly do not know at this point, but compared to many of the retreads considered, but not hired, I like Flip's odds.

    2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
    Barrett... just more in the mold of a Myer QB.

    3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
    Much ado becoming a big deal now. Cheating is bad. Lying about cheating is worse.

    4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
    "Introduction to Encounter Groups"... a few evening's of exercises leading up to a weekend retreat at a farm the University owned. One "course" encompassed every adjective you used.

    5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
    Wow... have not been to the Louvre and skipped the Sistine Chappel, but of the museums I've been to there have been a few pieces that have stopped me in my tracks.
    The one that is front and center in my mind was by a local artist. Very simple black and white oil of a featureless, apparition-like figure in a suit that the artist called "NoMan". I bought it.

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:

    1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?

    2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?

    3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)

    4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?

    5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:

    1. DeFillipo.......the Answer? Too little information at this time

    2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones? Cardale jones

    3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls) blown way out of proportion

    4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school? animal care.

    5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person) the starry night. Prints don't do it justice.

  • ​starry-night18891.jpg