Skip to content

What receiver do we go after in draft/FA?

The Browns Board
104 37 3.8k
  • @stillmotion said:

    We need a sick ILB. I'm sick of the ravens and the bills picking up the likes and Mosley and Kiko Alonso.

    Dansby, a break out year Robertson, Kirksey and Carder. That's a pretty damn good inside combination. As it stands, ILB is about the least of our worries.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Dansby, a break out year Robertson, Kirksey and Carder. That's a pretty damn good inside combination. As it stands, ILB is about the least of our worries.

    I sorta agree wii stillmotion, while we have seen improvement in our ILB none of them play the run all that well. If the RB breaks the line of scrimmage they typically gouge us for 8-10 yards. Our current ILBs are great side to side but not much for stepping up and lowering the boom.

  • I'd love to upgrade ILB. But I don't see a dominant one in the draft. I do like Penn St.'s Hull as a Day Two prospect, but don't expect any immediate impact.

    Of the FAs McClain would seem to fit Pet's D, but hard to see Dallas letting him go, but cap may get in their way. Maybe the Bills' Spikes?

    I did not realize that Robertson is an ERFA. Should get an idea of how well he is regarded.

  • I'd love to upgrade ILB. But I don't see a dominant one in the draft. I do like Penn St.'s Hull as a Day Two prospect, but don't expect any immediate impact.

    Of the FAs McClain would seem to fit Pet's D, but hard to see Dallas letting him go, but cap may get in their way. Maybe the Bills' Spikes?

    I did not realize that Robertson is an ERFA. Should get an idea of how well he is regarded.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd love to upgrade ILB. But I don't see a dominant one in the draft. I do like Penn St.'s Hull as a Day Two prospect, but don't expect any immediate impact.

    Of the FAs McClain would seem to fit Pet's D, but hard to see Dallas letting him go, but cap may get in their way. Maybe the Bills' Spikes?

    I did not realize that Robertson is an ERFA. Should get an idea of how well he is regarded.

    Spikes is a good run stuffer but wouldn't be present in our sub packages for passing downs and teams. Unless we manage to put a top 5 pass rush in front of him?

    I myself, would like to resign Craig and Skrine. Two players whom have been in this organization for the length of their careers, have improved every year while being asked to learn different scheme's what feels like every year. Maintain continuity on defense is a big thing in my mind.

  • @baconhound said:

    Braylon wasn't a bust but 23 drops in 2008 basically ushered him out of Cleveland. I agree that Funchess will be another "combine" guy and that scares me. I love the discussion of the Hoodie and Edleman, "I'm not sure what position you can play but I do know you can play football". For every Dontari Poe there seems to be 5 Courtney Browns.

    I think he is a combine guy in the sense that there isn't a lot of film on him at WR. He's kind of an unknown. As opposed to combine guys that we have a lot of film on, and then just have a great combine.

    @mld-woody said:

    I think he is a combine guy in the sense that there isn't a lot of film on him at WR. He's kind of an unknown. As opposed to combine guys that we have a lot of film on, and then just have a great combine.

    if he could concentrate on getting those hands right i'd love to see funchess in a brown's uni.

    with losing gordon we're left with miles austin as the only one of our wideouts with size. cameron is prob gone so...............

    take a look at the WR prospects. we need big and tall and besides a guy from some small school with huge off the field issues, funchess fits the bill.